Following Diablo 4 Page 2

• JamboWayOh 4 Nov 2019 16:11:44 22,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    There's an article about it on the front page. However, it mentions forced online. And not only forced online, but there are events where other players will join your game too.

I don't like that for two reasons. 1) sometimes I don't want the immersion broken by some fucking idiot random joining my game and being a turd. 2) It all sounds like they're going to be monitising it.

Ah man, why do they do this. Its such a shit thing to have :(
    I read that a bit differently as in like Destiny there are world events which appear for everyone other than that you can play it alone or with your friends in your own instance. Also Diablo 3 on pc at least was forced online so they were always going to go that way.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 16:12:49 04-11-2019
  • Graxlar_v3 4 Nov 2019 16:23:40 10,848 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aren't all games always online now?
  • JamboWayOh 4 Nov 2019 16:27:20 22,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yeah pretty much, even something like DMC5 was online for some tenuous reason. I think Outer Worlds is one of the rare recent releases that is single player with no online facet at all.
  • quadfather 4 Nov 2019 16:29:35 38,124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I read it as people would be randomly appearing in your world depending where you are. So a world boss for example, people would automatically join your game regardless of whether you wanted them in your game or not.

The rest of it sounded like guild wars' instanced dungeons.

If its because they want to introduce money based themes then I'm out.

Tbh, unless it changes so people don't appear in your world without you having a say in it, I'm also out.
  • quadfather 4 Nov 2019 16:30:52 38,124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Yeah pretty much, even something like DMC5 was online for some tenuous reason. I think Outer Worlds is one of the rare recent releases that is single player with no online facet at all.
    Its not that aspect that I really give a shit about. Its the underlying reason as to why they're doing it. And the forcing of people joining your world is an instant no for me.
  • Ddanno 4 Nov 2019 21:40:08 1,772 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Its not that aspect that I really give a shit about. Its the underlying reason as to why they're doing it. And the forcing of people joining your world is an instant no for me.
    There's little doubt you'll be able to set your world to friends only, or just plain 'fuck off' settings. I wouldn't worry
  • Graxlar_v3 5 Nov 2019 08:20:53 10,848 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Honestly, my reading of it was a destiny-a-like. Open world with others that you can use to advance shared goals, tackle 'raid' bosses. Then you do missions that are instanced.

PvP is opt in so no need to worry about that, my only concern is 2022!!!
  • Gibroon 5 Nov 2019 10:12:14 2,462 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3
    Reading the comments from the EG Daiblo 4 hands-on, I think craigy was going to change the 2022 comment to 2021. I think he made a mistake.

edit: Bertie not craigy

Edited by Gibroon at 10:13:49 05-11-2019
  • Khanivor 5 Nov 2019 10:15:35 44,716 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Gibroon - silly priest
  • quadfather 5 Nov 2019 11:34:01 38,124 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ddanno wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    There's little doubt you'll be able to set your world to friends only, or just plain 'fuck off' settings. I wouldn't worry
    That would be good yeah
  • MiniSchnauz 5 Nov 2019 11:44:57 424 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I stupidly assumed the always online component was mostly to prevent hacking on PC alongside the open world player interaction like Destiny where it can be a blessing or a curse. But then I remembered it's Acti-Blizz and whilst I doubt they're stupid enough to try and force something like RMAH again it's more opportunity for them to bring in MTs one way or another so it becomes Payer versus Payer.

Mounts and 'exclusive' Transmogs are the obvious one if WoW is anything to go by.
  • Farley2k 14 Nov 2019 16:19:23 255 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    New Gameplay Today Diablo IV's World Boss

• crashVoodoo 19 Feb 2021 23:54:47 7,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    so Blizzcon - new Rogue cinematic with a tiny bit of gameplay footage from 2:40 mark. it has a very Path of Exile aesthetic to it to which I'm not currently sold on

• Poorandugly 20 Feb 2021 14:42:21 647 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Game play looks very similar to D3 with one hit kills and zooming fast across the screen. Could be fun, but was kinda hoping for a new direction.
  • robthehermit 20 Feb 2021 21:43:31 8,234 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wants it.
  • Awimbawe 21 Feb 2021 00:23:33 679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wants it too.

It all looks promising and they seem to be listening to a lot of feedback and suggestions but feel the rogue character is playing it a little safe. I really hope they go a little bit more weird with the next player character. Sure they have to do barb and wiz, the druid is looking good, just hope the next ( final ? ) character is something a bit more oddball.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Feb 2021 00:54:41 25,358 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Awimbawe wrote:
    I wants it too.

It all looks promising and they seem to be listening to a lot of feedback and suggestions but feel the rogue character is playing it a little safe. I really hope they go a little bit more weird with the next player character. Sure they have to do barb and wiz, the druid is looking good, just hope the next ( final ? ) character is something a bit more oddball.
    So what you're saying is... bring back the Witch Doctor. Yep, I'm on board with that.
  • JamboWayOh 21 Feb 2021 00:56:22 22,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I never got on with the witch doctor as funky as the class was I was all about that Monk action.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Feb 2021 01:02:15 25,358 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I pretty much only ever played WD. There's just something about throwing jars of spiders at people that is so immensely appealing to me.

The exploding chicken build was pretty great too.
  • crashVoodoo 21 Feb 2021 01:20:53 7,069 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Jade Harv is still my favourite gameplay loop
  • Awimbawe 21 Feb 2021 17:19:07 679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Awimbawe wrote:
    I wants it too.

So what you're saying is... bring back the Witch Doctor. Yep, I'm on board with that.
    Well, yes. I get that they're going for a more grounded look / feel but I'll miss playing the most fun Diablo class.
  • Gregolution 21 Feb 2021 19:00:33 10,848 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    what are the chances this Diablo isn't about grinding in order to grind some more?

This game always aesthetically looks like my dream game, and then I realise it's my worst nightmare - all you do is grind in order to grind more in order to grind more. I don't get it.

If it was more like Wow... where there's grinding , but a purpose to it - in order to beat a raid boss, then I'd go mental for it. But Diablo just takes the grinding part and makes that the entire game. /shrug
  • Awimbawe 21 Feb 2021 19:14:58 679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd say the chances are slim to none. Diablo is grind "The game" and personally I love it for that.

If you don't enjoy grinding for new gear / power then I don't think it's going to offer you what WoW will.
  • dfunked09 21 Feb 2021 19:18:10 1,614 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Yeah, you can almost guarantee it'll have an endless endgame goal like Diablo 3's grift system. You just keep pushing to get better gear to clear the next level.
  • JamboWayOh 21 Feb 2021 19:26:51 22,927 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Awimbawe wrote:
    I'd say the chances are slim to none. Diablo is grind "The game" and personally I love it for that.

If you don't enjoy grinding for new gear / power then I don't think it's going to offer you what WoW will.
    Yeah, that's pretty much Diablo's MO. To it's credit I've always found the grind totally addictive with how you're gradually always getting more powerful. The drop rate has never felt unkind, well Diablo 3 was until they removed the auction house. That was a terrible idea that I'm amazed it even got past the pre production phase.
  • Gregolution 21 Feb 2021 19:27:23 10,848 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah... I always want to love them, but never do. Shame. I get that some people love that endless gameplay loop - I just need to have a goal to aim for to enjoy myself. Getting strong enough to beat that seemingly impossible boss.

But grinding just to grind more doesn't work for me unfortunately.
  • voden 21 Feb 2021 19:40:16 800 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think they're fun enough to play through the campaigns without getting involved in the grinding anyway. Have played through Diablo 2 more than a few times over the years and stop at just doing the campaign even if at times I've intended to carry the character on a bit.
  • Mola_Ram 21 Feb 2021 20:22:52 25,358 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It doesn't feel like other kinds of grinding to me. Yes, you need to get materials to do certain things, but going around murdering stuff is just fun to me. And the game got very generous with the amount of cool loot that it dropped.
  • Awimbawe 21 Feb 2021 22:34:49 679 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    As much as I always try to get in to other arpg's, it's always the way the game plays that gets me. PoE might have endless variations of ways to customise your character but it always just feels off somehow. There's endless variations but they all feel unsatisfying.

In all the Diablo games, killing stuff just feels fun. None of the games of their ilk give that feel.

Perhaps I'm just too happy to tread the hamster wheel of grinding to get good things, I can happily run some fairly brainless tasks to get the chance of better gear etc. but only with arpg's for some reason.
  • Malek86 22 Feb 2021 20:00:30 11,670 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Tried Diablo 3 again today, just to see if I still had the hang of it.

Thought maybe I'd rusted or perhaps they even nerfed some of my items while I wasn't looking, so I started with Torment 12. Melting elites in two seconds, so I guess nope.

That said, admittedly, all of my items are already so tailored to my specific build, there isn't much I can do other than increasing the difficulty level further and grind for Paragons. Any drops have a 99.9% chance of being useless to me at this point, unless I get super lucky and find an Ancient or Primeval version of some of my items. This has always been a problem with D3, and I wonder how they are going to fix it in D4.

Edited by Malek86 at 20:01:19 22-02-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.