'Double-dipping' Page 2

Next Last
  • myk 8 Nov 2019 17:48:04 719 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Dark Souls - got past blighttown but haven't finished it yet. The structure makes it a good fit for playing on the commute.
    Diablo 3 - played it a lot more than on PC, actually finished it and the DLC.
    Warframe - if GWR's wifi wasn't so shit I'd be able to play this a lot more. Helpful that double (or triple in this case) dipping costs nothing.
  • Tomo 8 Nov 2019 19:01:54 17,039 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I was like Roguey, in my gaming dungeon, hunched over the mouse and keyboard. I've migrated to the sofa in last year or so though. Finding it harder to tolerate spending my evenings hunched over a computer when I do that all day at work now.
  • StixxUK 8 Nov 2019 19:31:55 8,227 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Dark Souls - bought it four times (Xbox 360, PC, PC Remastered, Switch), finished it none but I'm getting fairly close on Switch!! Currently in Lost Izalith...

Into the Breach - just a brilliant game, even better on Switch.
  • docrob 8 Nov 2019 22:10:16 1,231 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    Witcher 3- quadruple dip. Ps4 launch, Collector's Edition, PC, now Switch.
    Thought I was going to win this with a triple dip (GTA V on PS3, PS4 and PC) but you were way ahead of me.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 8 Nov 2019 22:40:23 8,971 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Can't believe I forgot MK8. Played it a fair bit on Wii U, but on Switch I took the time to git gud and 3 starred everything on 200cc, unlocked all the gold stuff, beat most of the dev time trials, etc etc. I was quite proud of myself tbh 😁
  • Daeltaja 8 Nov 2019 22:53:26 1,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't mind double dipping on a game that's relaunched on a new console with noticeable additions or upgrades.

Fuck knows why some ppl buy the same game on two platforms and plays through them at the same time. WTF?
  • Flying_Pig 9 Nov 2019 08:20:44 16,333 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't think I've been too bad on the Switch. The only games I've double-dipped on are:
    Steamworld Heist - completed it on the Vita and then bought and completed it on the Switch
    Velocity 2X - again, bought it on release for the Vita and then re-purchased it on the Switch, and completed it again.
    Minecraft - well, it's MineCraft, so I just had to :)

Oh, there's also Dark Souls, which I bought on release on the PS3 - never played and I've bought it on the Switch. Again, never played, but I will do one day :)
  • mad_caddy 9 Nov 2019 08:26:20 3,712 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    South park for me. Both

Never finished either on other consoles and it's perfectly suited to handheld.

Will be picking up the darksiders games as well both 1 and 2 I've completed before.
  • MrFlay 9 Nov 2019 19:16:08 4,274 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Just Breath of the Wild and Mario Kart 8 for me. Any games that are on Xbox, I'll play them there. I don't use the portable mode much at all.
  • Dombat 10 Nov 2019 08:27:14 1,663 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Similar as above for me - Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 and Dead Cells. I donít play portable all that much so for me the Switch is just for Nintendo exclusives and indies that run just as well as on other formats.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Nov 2019 07:00:05 14,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No double dipping yet but there have been a few games I wanted that I waited for Switch versions of. These are mainly Indies but also include Disgaea 5.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Nov 2019 07:03:57 21,765 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Diablo 3, The World Ends with You, Wasteland 2, and Witcher 3 are all I have so far. I've bought lots and lots of ports, but usually it's a case of "wow, I always wanted to play this, and now the portability gives me the opportunity to play this", rather than me buying a game multiple times.
  • Singularity 11 Nov 2019 11:14:17 3,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    My list of shame isn't as long as some of yous, but longer than I'd like. The portability is so good though. Both Bayonettas, FFXII, Witcher 3, Skyrim, MK8, Resi 4, Okami.

Will be getting Xenoblade for the 4th time, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions as well.

Edited by Singularity at 14:58:52 11-11-2019
  • Duffking 11 Nov 2019 13:10:44 16,402 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Loads. Many indies are just... better when I can play them portably too. My list is a bit crazy.

Bastion (owned on PC, but I got it for £2)
    Bayonetta (already owned on... 360, Wii U, and PC. Whoops)
    Bayonetta 2 (already owned on Wii U)
    Divinity 2 (owned on PC)
    Diablo 3 (owned on PS3)
    Doom (owned on PC)
    Enter the Gungeon (owned on PC)
    Hollow Knight (owned on PC)
    Ikaruga (owned on 360)
    Into the Breach (owned on PC)
    Mario Kart 8 (owned on Wii U)
    N++ (owned on PC)
    Resi 4 (owned on PC)
    Rocket League (owned on PC)
    Shovel Knight (owned on 3DS)
    Binding of Isaac (owned on PC/3DS)
  • rice_sandwich 11 Nov 2019 13:13:36 5,837 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Basically a list of good games that we should play more of, but don't because other games are easier, faster and more convenient to get into.
  • richardiox 11 Nov 2019 13:59:29 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    With gamepass I've done a bit of backwards double dipping, buying something on Switch then getting it free a couple months later - Slay The Spire, Dead Cells for example It's the reason I've held off buying Obra Dinn.

Trad double dipping, I've got Diablo 3 and Rogue Legacy as thought they were both great fits for portable gaming.
  • RelaxedMikki 11 Nov 2019 14:08:55 3,194 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bayonetta,
    Witcher 3,
    Enter the Gungeon,
    Rocket League,
    Okami,
    LA Noire

Not bad really. Five of my favourite games ever. And LA Noire.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Nov 2019 14:21:24 6,533 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just Mario Kart 8 for me and if it wasn't for a change in the number of items you could carry, it would have been fully justified. I still clicked around 40 hours though, so hardly money wasted.

I've come close to double dippng a number of times, but I can't really justify it. And by that I mean the other half won't let me.
  • rice_sandwich 11 Nov 2019 14:56:12 5,837 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DangerousDave_87

You clearly haven't tried the 'What, that old game? Bought it super cheap ages ago in a sale' ruse.
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Nov 2019 17:58:12 6,533 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @rice_sandwich I've thought about it, but she plays on my switch nearly as much as her own, so she gets to see the library of games quite frequently. If I had a few more games I might be able to bury a new purchase among them, but she's pretty familiar with everything I've bought so far.
  • Murbs 11 Nov 2019 22:48:46 24,461 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    RelaxedMikki wrote:
    Bayonetta,
    Witcher 3,
    Enter the Gungeon,
    Rocket League,
    Okami,
    LA Noire

Not bad really. Five of my favourite games ever. And LA Noire.
    :D
  • ThrowingTuba 11 Nov 2019 23:31:51 158 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iíve bought X Com Enemy Unknown five times. PS3, Android, IOS, PC, Vita.

Iíd probably get it for Switch too...
  • beep 12 Nov 2019 07:47:13 517 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've double dipped, even triple or more of the following Switch games:
    - Doom 2016
    - Doom 1, 2, 3
    - Skyrim
    - Bayonetta 1 & 2
    - Okami
    - Ikaruga
    - Dark Souls Remastered
    - Rocket League
    - Transistor
    - Witcher 3
    - Jedi Outcast
    - Axiom Verge
    - Diablo 3
    - Minecraft
    - Wolfenstein 2
  • chrisno21 13 Nov 2019 07:51:06 2,234 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Skyrim - though I only had that on PS3 so can't play that version anymore. I also never played the dlc.
    Same for mario kart, bought it to play the extra stuff and to retire the wiiU.

Am tempted by the Witcher as I never played that dlc either, and I don't own it anymore.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.