Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order Page 17

• DUFFMAN5 21 Nov 2019 11:06:43 26,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @binky
    Agree. It is simply ok. Certainly good enough for me to continue playing... at least for now.
  • drhcnip 21 Nov 2019 20:53:37 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    jesus wept, it's even got an everything taken off you and start in a jail cell before you escape and retrieve your gear section - the comment on the previous page was spot on, if it didn't have the star wars-ness, i'm not sure i'd finish it...even the second sister reveal was predictable...
  • chopsen 21 Nov 2019 21:06:19 21,041 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm finding this weirdly reminiscent of Banjo Kazooie.
  • Frogofdoom 21 Nov 2019 21:09:00 16,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had to turn the difficulty down for one of the lightsaber bosses as he was beating the shit out of me.
  • atothewest 21 Nov 2019 21:12:36 1,098 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    chopsen wrote:
    I'm finding this weirdly reminiscent of Banjo Kazooie.
    I've not played this yet and although that sounds dumb I know exactly what you mean. Dark Souls 3 for some reason gave me the same feels as Donkey Kong 64 when I was playing it.
  • Saul_Iscariot 21 Nov 2019 22:07:42 3,739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I finished it this morning, played it on the PS4 Pro. It was okay, but not as special as Iíd have hoped for. The gameplay was fine but suffered from, what felt like, unresponsive controls at times. The constant hanging was very jarring. I know that there is now a new patch, so if I go back to mop up the trophies I hope that helps with that.

It also looked okay, a few stunning sections then loads of bland areas. And those trucking slide sections. Really overdone and detrimental to the whole game, IMHO.

I enjoyed the characters, and the story line was quite engaging, but could have done with just a little more polish.

I recently completed God of War on the PS and that set a benchmark that I was hoping this would equal or surpass, but it didnít.
  • Frogofdoom 21 Nov 2019 22:13:53 16,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Is the pausing bad on playstation, I've only had 3 pauses on xbox but they were quite lengthy. I did have the top of the tower in the red planet not load in though and I kept falling through the level and having to go back through what I thought was the hardest bit in the game against the Darth maul looking guys. I wasnt too happy with that.
  • DUFFMAN5 21 Nov 2019 22:29:28 26,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So this or TF2 campaign ?

I'm going with TF2.
  • ChiefGB 21 Nov 2019 22:58:44 12,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This really sounds like I need to sit it out for some more patches. Sounds like it needs the work but do they care enough to sort it out now itís out and no doubt selling well anyway.
  • Saul_Iscariot 21 Nov 2019 23:59:17 3,739 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Frogofdoom I didnít get many, except on Kashyyk But then they were so frequent that it really grated. TF2ís campaign was better in performance and as a small experience was enough to not outstay itís welcome. A few minor tweaks an J:FO could have been an exceptional game.

Edited by Saul_Iscariot at 23:59:48 21-11-2019
  • MiniSchnauz 22 Nov 2019 01:20:14 424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Every damn time.
  • chrisno21 22 Nov 2019 07:53:20 2,298 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The sync is so far out in the cut scenes that is so distracting that I have no idea what's going on.

It's fun but definitely a jack of all trades master of none game, it's good to have a Metroid Uncharted Souls-like but it does none of them really well. Combat makes me want to put Sekiro on to pay something responsive while the traversal is just not Naughty dog and overly twitchy.
  • ChiefGB 22 Nov 2019 21:10:36 12,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, Iíve bought it as Iím weak as piss.
  • Frogofdoom 22 Nov 2019 21:16:15 16,587 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished now, had a good time with it.

If its was patched up a bit it would have scored higher but I would happily give it a 7.5.

The end bit was really good.

I dont understand why the lady you meet later has a better face than everyone else.
  • chopsen 22 Nov 2019 21:36:48 21,041 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, I am thinking that too. It's really weird isn't it? Even her facial animations are on point. Then the wookies look like cardboard cut outs taped to a skateboard. It really feels like a game that run out of money and they just went "ah fuck it, that'll do."
  • ChiefGB 22 Nov 2019 22:58:07 12,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why have I just been saved by mesut ozil and Ed asner.
  • drhcnip 22 Nov 2019 23:01:45 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    aye - i'd agree with that last point - no idea how far through I am (just fought the big bat bollocks thing) but it seems to veer between average (most of it), great (kashyyyk, wookies aside, especially the second time) and bollocks (bloody rope swinging straight from the first time lara did it)

heading for a 7/jedi for me
  • Daeltaja 22 Nov 2019 23:21:41 1,806 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Turns out a good chunk of content was outsourced to a studio in my hometown, who are not exactly associated with quality work. Might explain some of the blander areas 😒
  • drhcnip 23 Nov 2019 01:11:27 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ah, that might make sense then...
  • MiniSchnauz 23 Nov 2019 01:16:44 424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    After a couple of days away from it post completion, despite having gone back once to check out an area on Zefoo I left unexplored, I'm firmly in the solid 7 camp. It's a good game but not great; it has too many unpolished bits, quirks, and flaws, and there's nothing about it that makes me think in 6, 12, or even 24 months I'll want to go back to and play through again. It's... fluff, enjoyable fluff but fluff nonetheless.

It's a palate cleanser. Enjoyable in the moment but ultimately forgettable when it comes to the main courses of bigger, better games.

I could hand wave it away, I guess. "This isn't the AA jank you're looking for" kind of thing, but in the year when The Surge 2 solidly laid that to rest and knocked it out of the park Teddy fuckin' Williams style - one for the Inglorious Basterds fans - and considering some of my other favourite games in the same vein, e.g. Alpha Protocol, which I try to play at least once every year, I suppose the most damning thing I can say is what I said after I'd completed it: It's passable and fun in the moment albeit likely wholly unmemorable but it's still the best Star Wars game EA have made.
  • Rusty_M 23 Nov 2019 07:43:17 7,165 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'd really like a boss run mode in this. The boss fights have been really satisfying so far.
  • Reacher 23 Nov 2019 07:49:00 2,988 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I love the combat and the setting. I hate having to platform back to the ship, and some of the platform sections can kiss my bantha fodder.
  • drhcnip 23 Nov 2019 08:07:34 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    and done - yep, best sw game for a while and my opinion hasn't differed much from the above...combat certainly widens its skill set later on...

a mixed bag - glad to have played it but glad to be selling it on at 0 loss...;)
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Nov 2019 08:18:06 26,034 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @drhcnip
    Tony, did you cain it! A day ago you were at the...the bit you spoilerd a few posts above. I'm just past that same bit, am I hear the end ?? surely not!
  • drhcnip 23 Nov 2019 09:07:50 6,462 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

the cell bit? i'd say that's just over halfway...depends how anal you are about exploring every nook and cranny....;)
  • JamboWayOh 23 Nov 2019 10:40:12 19,980 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I actually wonder if they had play testers for this game because a lot of the scripted action scenes ala Uncharted do not come off as polished as they think. Example, having to land on a particular beast in a boss fight repeatedly but they way it's been set up means I kept falling my to death. Very cinematic. This really needed waaaaay more time in development.
  • MiniSchnauz 23 Nov 2019 11:12:48 424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    At a rough guess, I'd say they probably needed another 3-6 months. With Episode IX due and getting it out in time fo Christmas that was never going to happen so I imagine they were told to get it out the door and do what they could post-launch with a skeleton crew whilst moving onto the next project.
  • ChiefGB 23 Nov 2019 12:07:27 12,553 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Christ, how long have they had to put this fucker together anyway?
  • Syrette 23 Nov 2019 12:50:33 50,642 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Agree with most of the above. I think it's a very solid 8/10 so far, but a little bit more development could have made it something somewhat special.
  • MiniSchnauz 23 Nov 2019 15:35:55 424 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess it's just the impression I have given the order in which I played it but it also becomes a lot less Metroidvania-... um... y in Kashykkk and Dathomir and others than it was in Bogo-whatever and Zefoo.

The latter chapters definitely feel a lot more linear and no quite as thoughtful or well thought out so I wonder if there was a degree of rush when it came to them as well?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.