Star Wars Jedi : Fallen Order Page 24

• Rivuzu 7 Jan 2020 12:02:24 18,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The game was alright. I've gone back to it on JGM and... it's unplayable.

Has anyone looked into the input delay? I've tried wireless and wired pads, and it feels like there's a 7-10 frame delay. It's fucking shambles. This is on a 0 delay monitor as well.

You cannot parry for shit on JGM. I know the window is miniscule, but it still needs to be possible considering how much you need to do it. Think I'm defo done with this. Story kept me interested, even if the Gotham Joker was only a so-so protagonist, and I loved that every crate was a lightsaber part.

But the gameplay loop isn't satisfying to retread. It's not like Dark Souls where I can take a leisurely stroll through Undead Berg on a revisit. Every area is just... annoying. And full of needless and bad platforming. Especially the sliding sections, jesus wept.

Also why you can go to Dathomir so early, when you can't actually progress through anything there, is beyond me. I went there first, and spent hours just practicing the combat only to realise I didn't have the powers needed to progress. Fucking dumb.

On the whole there are too many things that annoy me about the game in hindsight than I remember fondly. People who are on the fence and haven't bought it - just watch the story on youtube, save yourself the bother.
  • Rivuzu 7 Jan 2020 12:03:49 18,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If the input delay was reasonable (4fr or so) then the game would be fine, but right now it's fucking shite.
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Jan 2020 12:19:14 14,959 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    From what I can gather a power up used to be on Dathomir and could be found on the first visit if you were really good but got patched to be on Boganna once you have been to Zeffo and is very easy to find.

Double ended Lightsaber

Edited by PazJohnMitch at 12:19:54 07-01-2020
  • Ror 7 Jan 2020 12:39:56 19,277 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Huh. I had no idea they patched that.
  • Rivuzu 7 Jan 2020 12:41:16 18,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wouldn't even call that a power up. I can count on a closed fist the amount of times it was useful.
  • quadfather 7 Jan 2020 12:46:08 35,503 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whereabouts is that item on borganna? I want that!
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Jan 2020 13:06:04 14,959 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think it is in the living quarters in the centre of the map.

JoelStinty posted about picking it up 2 days ago. So he can probably give you precise directions.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 7 Jan 2020 14:12:24 7,407 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The double-bladed saber is great for some of the zombie-type enemy hordes on Dathomir.
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Jan 2020 15:05:39 14,959 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There is also a room with 12 of the big black robots from Rogue One. Which is the only other time I used it.
  • traxorasaurus 7 Jan 2020 16:06:38 6 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The double-bladed saber is great when you unlock the spinning throw, it takes out a lot of enemies.
  • quadfather 7 Jan 2020 16:08:00 35,503 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking hell, I'm losing track of places I need to revisit!
  • Bichii 7 Jan 2020 16:48:04 2,222 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I find the timing of parry weird on JM. In sekiro you parry as the hit is about to land. In.this you need to press parry way before it lands for it to register. Still very much enjoying it but it's mostly because it's star wars and not because it's a great game.
  • gamingdave 7 Jan 2020 17:05:32 4,853 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I need to get back into this, as I put a decent amount of time in before xmas and was enjoying the exploration and story. I did however find the combat frustrating at times.

I've really not got the parry down at all, and the camera can be less than helpful at times, especially in corridors leading more to frustration with the game, than my own ineptitude.

Some areas I seem to be able to clear without too much difficulty, but others I die over and over, and when I finally clear them I am less satisfied I have progressed (or have got any better at the combat) and more just relieved I am past that section with a bit of luck.

So much so I am considering just sticking it on story mode to play through it.
  • Bichii 7 Jan 2020 17:14:30 2,222 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh yeah definitely just put it on story mode if you are struggling and not enjoying it as much as you could be.....pussy :).
  • PazJohnMitch 7 Jan 2020 17:20:18 14,959 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is that like watching it on YouTube?
  • Bichii 7 Jan 2020 17:48:16 2,222 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Different. Watching something on YouTube comes from pure boredom with no will to go on. :). Although some game quite recently I put on the easy mode because I wanted to see it through to the end.
  • gamingdave 7 Jan 2020 17:54:33 4,853 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Oh yeah definitely just put it on story mode if you are struggling and not enjoying it as much as you could be.....pussy :).
    I'm a busy man dammit and don't have time to waste wrestling with difficulty spikes.

In honesty, I don't spend anywhere near the time I used to gaming, and as much as I hate to admit it, my gaming skills aren't what they once were.

I'd change my username, but pussydave doesn't quite have the same ring.
  • Bichii 7 Jan 2020 17:56:38 2,222 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You're right. Choose the difficulty that you get the most fun out of. No point using up your precious gaming time getting angry/frustrated.
  • quadfather 7 Jan 2020 18:58:21 35,503 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    After 30 odd years of nail bitingly hard gaming from the 80's, you can stick hard modes up your arse
  • sherpa1984 7 Jan 2020 18:59:21 814 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I enjoyed this enough that it made me give Sekiro a try. “np” I said to myself, “if I can beat the final boss on Fallen Order, Sekiro will be a walk in the park”.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Edited by sherpa1984 at 19:00:33 07-01-2020
  • Bichii 7 Jan 2020 19:04:33 2,222 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @sherpa1984 haha. Don't give up. You just need to get used to the combat systems.
  • traxorasaurus 7 Jan 2020 20:36:34 6 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @sherpa1984 the final boss of Jedi Fallen Order is about as challenging as one of the mini bosses on Sekiro.
  • Frogofdoom 7 Jan 2020 21:00:58 15,084 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @sherpa1984 are you on pc sherpa, if so there is a mod that makes the game easier for people that cant be assed with the stress.
  • Rivuzu 8 Jan 2020 10:39:05 18,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    I find the timing of parry weird on JM. In sekiro you parry as the hit is about to land. In.this you need to press parry way before it lands for it to register. Still very much enjoying it but it's mostly because it's star wars and not because it's a great game.
    That's because Sekiro doesn't have ridiculous input delay. You can actually parry on reaction.

On JM+ modes, you need to be mystic meg to know when to actually press it. More so on JGM.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Jan 2020 11:01:32 7,407 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I didn't find parry windows in this that bad, though they're not as tight as they could be. Probably because I came to this off the back of Code Vein, whose parry system feels very... erm... floppy indeed.
  • Bichii 8 Jan 2020 11:20:26 2,222 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    One very simple obvious thing this does better than sekiro. When I'm fighting a boss multiple times don't load the cut scene every time. That was so dumb on sekiro last boss.
  • Rivuzu 8 Jan 2020 11:20:29 18,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Code Vein's parry window is super generous. But there's also not much input lag.

I'll bang that drum as much as it takes.

The input lag is severely detrimental to what is otherwise an OK game. At best.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 8 Jan 2020 11:27:28 7,407 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm normally super-sensitive to input lag (dropped Fallout 4 because of it, plus the original PS3 release of The Last of Us), but didn't find Fallen Order that bad. Which platform are people playing on? On PC at 60fps, the controls weren't as sharp as I'd like from a Soulslike, but weren't a disaster. I found the recovery window after a successful parry a bigger issue than input lag on the parry itself.
  • Rivuzu 8 Jan 2020 11:48:06 18,261 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PS4 on a PS4 Pro @ 1080p.

Maybe PC is fine, but I wanted optimal couch gaming.
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jan 2020 11:54:47 16,597 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rivuzu wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    That's because Sekiro doesn't have ridiculous input delay. You can actually parry on reaction.

On JM+ modes, you need to be mystic meg to know when to actually press it. More so on JGM.
    That's where I was going wrong this game than other games where you parry on reaction. It's why I never found the combat that great as the window to parry was so inconsistent, especially when you face the last boss. It just seemed all over the place in that regard.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.