Following Resident Evil 3 (2020) Page 9

• Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 14:20:13 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Lotos8ter wrote:
    Steve-Perry wrote:Am I right that there is no Digital Deluxe version for this game like RE2?

That had guns and costumes thrown in with it.
    They donít seem to be doing that this time. There is a theme and costume with pre-orders but not as much as last time. I wonder if more costumes and weapons will be paid content when the game ships?
    Hmm, maybe, that sort of model doesn't seem to fit a Resident Evil game though.

The way they did it with RE2 was good. You could either unlock all the infinite ammo weapons and unlockables through graft, or you could buy them.

I wish more games did that.

It is capcom though, so you never know. Their aggressive DLC policies with SF5 are contemptible.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 14:38:16 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Seems you can preload now on xbox.
    Is a week in advance normal for Xbox?
  • JamboWayOh 26 Mar 2020 14:41:50 18,791 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't actually know, it's just downloading the campaign and project resistance.
  • Lotos8ter 26 Mar 2020 14:47:55 2,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Steve-Perry I think you can unlock infinite weapons in every Resi game through a speed run and I thought they did that well in RE2.
    Not sure about costumes, but I did buy the motorbike outfit for Claire...

Does anyone know if this will be available for pre-download on PSN? Iím going digital but with the throttle of the network wonder how long it might take...
  • Deleted user 26 March 2020 22:20:53
    @Lotos8ter I believe you can preload it 48 hours before release.

Has anyone played the multiplayer beta? While iím buying this solely for the campaign it has an interesting concept. Could be a laugh if you play with the right minded folks.
  • Steve-Perry 27 Mar 2020 15:31:43 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    £34.99 on PC with the DLC classic costume from CDKeys. I've pre-ordered that shit.

£49.99 on steam so a big difference.

Counting down the days now!

Edited by Steve-Perry at 15:32:26 27-03-2020
  • JamboWayOh 27 Mar 2020 16:13:14 18,791 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Steve-Perry wrote:
    £34.99 on PC with the DLC classic costume from CDKeys. I've pre-ordered that shit.

£49.99 on steam so a big difference.

Counting down the days now!
    I hope you get it on time.
  • Steve-Perry 27 Mar 2020 16:24:40 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Never had an issue with them in the past. Usually get it the day before.
  • ChiefGB 27 Mar 2020 16:51:14 12,402 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iíve just played the tutorial of the mp, itís interesting and will either be v slight and enjoyable for an hour, or something with legs. Iím guessing the former but first impressions are intriguing.

Also Iíve preordered from tgc sometime back along with ff7 I have no idea what to expect in terms of delivery of either though but Iíll be pissed when Iím sat at home unable to play day1+.
    Guess there are bigger things going on but sat at home Iím even more eager than before now.
  • Lotos8ter 28 Mar 2020 11:21:54 2,977 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Seabar cheers, 48 hrs would be ace.
  • Bichii 28 Mar 2020 12:53:06 2,876 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just finished the demo. Err three bullets to the head to put down a basic enemy? No thanks. When the nemesis turns up it reminded me of what I thought of the original. Good game ruined but a fucking annoying enemy that turns up now and again.
  • ZuluHero 28 Mar 2020 12:55:58 8,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The enemies in RE games have always been bullet sponges. I think 3 is pretty good going. Remember to pop another in their head when they're down to keep them down, otherwise you'll be wasting more!
  • Steve-Perry 28 Mar 2020 13:08:11 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    3 bullets? Some of them in RE2 took a whole clip.
  • creepiest-lizard 28 Mar 2020 13:11:36 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are lots of things that I liked about Resi 2 and this remake but the nemesis and mr X stuff is just too fucking annoying. Its a shame a there really isn't anything else if you want survival horror.
  • SnackPlissken 28 Mar 2020 13:31:39 1,783 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    There are lots of things that I liked about Resi 2 and this remake but the nemesis and mr X stuff is just too fucking annoying. Its a shame a there really isn't anything else if you want survival horror.
    Evil Within?
  • Darth_Flibble 28 Mar 2020 14:03:39 4,193 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Evil within 2 is good (lot better than the 1st game) There isn't any survival horror type games that in the same style. There is one on xbox store called outbreak something (not the top down one) but its very budget, ps1 era RE
  • JamboWayOh 28 Mar 2020 14:08:01 18,791 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Just finished the demo. Err three bullets to the head to put down a basic enemy? No thanks. When the nemesis turns up it reminded me of what I thought of the original. Good game ruined but a fucking annoying enemy that turns up now and again.
    You've played a resi game before no? Three bullets is actually the lower end of the scale.
  • creepiest-lizard 28 Mar 2020 14:10:56 1,169 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers for the suggestions. Yeah I quite like the evil within, but I meant some new stuff coming out. Maybe there is that Iím not aware of..
  • atothewest 28 Mar 2020 16:16:02 1,091 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    You've played a resi game before no? Three bullets is actually the lower end of the scale.
    Going for the head isnít really even the way to go anymore, or at least it wasnít in RE2 and the demo for this seems the same. Shoot a leg off and run on past.
  • Bichii 28 Mar 2020 16:19:14 2,876 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Yeah 1,2,3, Veronica, 7 and re2 remake. In 7 and remake I can't remember three to head but then again I am a bit like Dori.
  • Steve-Perry 28 Mar 2020 16:26:53 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    7 was about 40 bullets per moulded and they'd still get up
  • JamboWayOh 28 Mar 2020 16:28:32 18,791 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    atothewest wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Bichii wrote:
    Going for the head isnít really even the way to go anymore, or at least it wasnít in RE2 and the demo for this seems the same. Shoot a leg off and run on past.
    Pretty much.
  • Steve-Perry 28 Mar 2020 16:30:27 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Shooting in the head is fine if you're on a speed run as it knocks them back quick enough for you to run past.

Won't kill though unless you get a crit.

Leg shots then knife kill is the best overall way to do it and conserve ammo.

Edited by Steve-Perry at 16:30:53 28-03-2020
  • ChiefGB 28 Mar 2020 17:29:38 12,402 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mr x wasnít my fondest of parts for 2, and this may well test my patience but we will see. Itís resi and the franchise is in my top 5.
  • ZuluHero 30 Mar 2020 11:07:13 8,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Was thinking more about this while playing RE2, if you play in Assisted then that gives you more 'realistic' zombie ballistics behaviour, so 1-2 bullets head shot will put a zombie down, plus the chance of 'overkill/crit' is increased too.

The problem with RE difficulty is that the harder it gets the tougher the zombies get, meaning the absorb more damage and more bullets before they're put down.

I always play assisted now, there's no shame in that, and i'll do the same in 3 :)
  • SnackPlissken 30 Mar 2020 11:14:33 1,783 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Just seems a bit of an odd criticism. People started to hate how 5/6 became more action orientated and easy to drop enemies. Now we're complaining about how it takes x amount to shoot a zombie? What do you want haha
  • SnackPlissken 30 Mar 2020 11:14:33 1,783 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Steve-Perry 30 Mar 2020 11:24:34 1,121 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    I wouldn't play on assisted all the time personally. Where's the challenge? Surely it removes all tension. But fair play, there's no set way to play anything.

I thought Normal mode on Remake 2 was perfectly pitched. Zombies are tough, but you can down them and knife them. There's an abundance of items and ammo on Normal (usually have a load left over once finishing), it's only really on Hardcore where you have to manage your items more carefully.

Resident Evil 0 is the only game I'm aware of where you can literally brick your playthough by burning through all the ammo.

Edited by Steve-Perry at 11:29:44 30-03-2020
  • SnackPlissken 30 Mar 2020 11:26:05 1,783 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Part of the survival horror aspect is that you plan when to shoot and when to evade. You don't have to shoot every zombie. Learn to use the dodge and don't get cornered with a couple of zombies.
  • ZuluHero 30 Mar 2020 11:27:28 8,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Some people just play for the atmos - and there are plenty of jump scares and tension. I can't be dealing with added challenge.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.