Following Resident Evil 3 (2020) Page 25

• simpleexplodingmaybe 26 Apr 2020 19:14:52 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heck, Iím 7 hours into my first play through and have only just reached The Nest. Although admittedly I only get about 30-45 min per day to play so Iíve been really drinking in the environments as Iíve gone.
  • cowell 28 Apr 2020 08:27:19 2,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually kind of enjoying the more action style of this one now.

On the verge of buying Re5 for £6 in the Made in Japan sale. Re6 is a step too far, right?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 28 Apr 2020 08:37:08 9,874 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cowell wrote:

On the verge of buying Re5 for £6 in the Made in Japan sale. Re6 is a step too far, right?
    I didn't think it was that awful, but it's definitely the worst Resi game imo.
  • SnackPlissken 28 Apr 2020 08:55:02 2,300 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm tempted just to play the Leon part.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2020 09:21:43
    It's just boring. It's not awful as in broken (though a few bits are not far off, like the camera).

Really really boring.
  • CrazySpooky 28 Apr 2020 09:35:19 62 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cowell wrote:

Don't buy resi 6. i went back to it again recently after playing it to completion when it first came out and thought "It can't be THAT bad... but i don't remember it".

Nope. It is bad. it's just a terrible resident evil game. I don't even see it cannon. infact, can anyone tell me the story of Resident Evil 6? lol
  • Deleted user 28 April 2020 09:37:24
    @CrazySpooky I think it's pretty much not canon, in the sense that Capcom will likely never mention it every again or anything that happened in it.
  • cowell 28 Apr 2020 10:06:26 2,216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Haha okay. I think Think I will just stick to 5. I remember it being pretty dumb but fun
  • CrazySpooky 28 Apr 2020 10:41:45 62 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Steve-Perry i thought that might be the case. I couldn't tell you the plot of resident evil 6. I lost all interest and zones out and remember playing through it back on xbox 360 purely to get the achievements and then traded it in. Something i don't do now. If a game isn't very good or i don't like it i just wont play it. how times change
  • CrazySpooky 28 Apr 2020 10:43:35 62 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    cowell wrote:
    Haha okay. I think Think I will just stick to 5. I remember it being pretty dumb but fun
    This is pretty much 5 summed up. I actually really enjoyed 5. It is a great action game. It isn't a great resident evil game but it was good dumb fun. It's a good game at heart just not for the resident evil franchise i feel.

I will always believe that Resident evil 1 - 3 were the best of the series. 4 was the downfall for me and it moved to more action orientated game play but again, it's a good game. I know that will be controversial as many people LOVE resident evil 4. But i guess i didn't.
  • Deleted user 28 April 2020 10:49:52
    @CrazySpooky I think a lot of people feel like that.

4 is a brilliant game, but for me, it ain't no Resident Evil game. It has the title but that's about it.
  • gooner77 28 Apr 2020 11:00:57 1,503 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Started my Inferno playthrough of Res 3 last night and after several attempts managed to make it to the station.

The lack of autosave and the one hit kill zombies are unforgiving.

Feel safer with my Infinite Rocket Launcher back in my hands
  • gooner77 28 Apr 2020 11:01:42 1,503 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Have also started a playthrough of Res 4 and the controls are quite horrendous now.

Hopefully the remake handles better
  • Deleted user 28 April 2020 11:15:10
    gooner77 wrote:
    Started my Inferno playthrough of Res 3 last night and after several attempts managed to make it to the station.

The lack of autosave and the one hit kill zombies are unforgiving.

Feel safer with my Infinite Rocket Launcher back in my hands
    You're playing it on easy mode
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Apr 2020 11:38:43 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    CrazySpooky wrote:

I will always believe that Resident evil 1 - 3 were the best of the series. 4 was the downfall for me and it moved to more action orientated game play but again, it's a good game. I know that will be controversial as many people LOVE resident evil 4. But i guess i didn't.
    I know more than one person who consider RE4 their all time favourite game of any franchise. I think itís a good game but its never felt like Resident Evil.

Itís the first three, their remakes and 7 that capture what defines the series for me.
  • Switch-v85 28 Apr 2020 11:47:50 4,203 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I feel the same about 4. It's a great game but lacks a few things that I consider essential to make a game a proper Resident Evil.

Code Veronica on the other hand has it all, the story is batshit but the gameplay and the setting is class. I don't think we'll get it but I'd love that to be remade before 4.
  • ZuluHero 28 Apr 2020 11:51:58 9,488 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've been replaying RE1 on the switch. While it's still amazing and the atmosphere is great, it is a bit shonky. I'd love to see a remake of the remake with this engine in the same vein as RE2 with the same Jill model used in 3.
  • Darth_Flibble 28 Apr 2020 12:37:01 4,596 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The only problem of remake of the remake of the 1st game, I think it will go down the route of more action the way RE games are going and also stuff cut out. Also I'm sure capcom are planning a remake of RE2 remake in the next 5-10 years!

Problem with 5 its not a good shooter, not a good single player game as the AI is so dumb or SH type game, its trying to please both types of gamers

Edited by Darth_Flibble at 12:37:42 28-04-2020
  • Deleted user 28 April 2020 18:00:52
    I played a bit of 5 last week and the controls are pretty bad compared to the remakes.

It's the same camera perspective but you can't move and shoot, and aiming is crap.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Apr 2020 18:05:01 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love the compromise they made on moving and firing in the RE engine
  • retro74 28 Apr 2020 18:09:39 3,409 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Oh I still love #5, one of my favourite games of all time. Other than the on rails bit it's top class

#6 though, bleuuugghhhh, incredibly boring and just no fun at all
  • Cappy 28 Apr 2020 18:40:20 14,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If anybody was going to skip Resident Evil 6 on the grounds that it doesn't meet their exacting quality standards, Resident Evil 5 disqualifies itself on the grounds of those same quality standards.

People wanted the new shiny Resident Evil at the time it was released and overlooked it's numerous and glaring flaws.
  • ZuluHero 28 Apr 2020 18:53:23 9,488 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not sure if people are interested in board games, but the RE3 Boardgame kickstarter starts at 8pm tonight.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Apr 2020 09:21:12 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished my first run of RE3 last night

8 hrs 46 min with a C rank

I did take things very slowly with lots of backtracking. That I started on launch day and having played every day since to finish last night probably shows how little proper playing time Iíve had.

Anyway, I thought it was class. Nemesis felt a bit cheap at the beginning but once things got moving I thought it all worked pretty well. I loved 2 and this is basically more of that atmosphere at a faster place.

My only gripe would be that I wish that the Nest section was longer as the game rushes to a conclusion after slowing it down and getting creepy in the Police Station and most of the Hospital.

But yes very good, enjoyed it a lot. Now to try and decide what to spend my shop points on without breaking the game.

And start a new RE1 playthrough.
  • ZuluHero 29 Apr 2020 09:25:11 9,488 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'd forgotten how long RE1 was, I'm still going after a few nights, and I've had to stop and scratch my head quite a few times to figure out some puzzles.

Makes me long for some of it in the remakes.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Apr 2020 09:29:37 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah itís going to be a big strange getting used to the change of pace.

Donít know if Iíll redo 0 this time. The self co-op is a bit of a faff.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Apr 2020 09:30:13 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Plus ďbut what if there were two mansions!Ē feels a bit cheap narrative-wise
  • atothewest 29 Apr 2020 09:35:50 1,131 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If they were to remake 1 again (which I'd be all for as it's my favourite by far), they'd surely finally have to get their animators to figure out how to do spiders.
  • Lotos8ter 29 Apr 2020 09:38:45 3,027 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I'd forgotten how long RE1 was, I'm still going after a few nights, and I've had to stop and scratch my head quite a few times to figure out some puzzles.

Makes me long for some of it in the remakes.
    Definitely. I was watching my daughter play it the other night and it looks superb in the refresh/remake with some proper good puzzles and exploration.
    She also got one hit killed running from a Hunter which was nice...
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Apr 2020 09:40:18 15,263 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember thinking aside from maybe some zombie animation the REmake Remaster looked pretty current gen when it came out

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.