Bluetooth transmitter/receiver for Samsung earbuds/gaming PC

• drhcnip 27 Nov 2019 17:57:59 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Daughter's just received her Samsung buds from the free offer and wants to use them on her PC for gaming. After recommendations for a decent transmitter/receiver/whatever it is that would enable her to use both the sound and microphone capabilities while she's playing. I've been trawling around the internet but you chaps are likely to have a better idea about this than me and my pootlings….cheers!
  • KD 27 Nov 2019 18:00:16 2,692 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I picked up one of these a few weeks ago as my usb dongle didn't like to many devices at once.

Gigabyte GC-WB1733D-I
  • drhcnip 27 Nov 2019 18:05:41 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    yep, she's got a dongle and it's not coping very well...will bear that in mind if I can't find a plug and play device

thanks for the info
  • Carlo 27 Nov 2019 20:15:12 21,207 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @drhcnip How I understand this.

Usually, general purpose BT dongles are not optimised for audio transmission as they are a bit laggy.

This is why there's dedicated dongles that work on a proprietary protocols for gaming headsets, like turtlebeach, and Sony Gold/Platinums. The protocol is a kind of stripped down BT to reduce lag.

For gaming, I imagine you would not want to have a regular BT dongle, if the lag is likely to impact you.
  • drhcnip 27 Nov 2019 20:22:43 6,462 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    that's the direction i'm heading in but i'm not an av expert - she had it up and running, it was stuttering which she fixed and she got the sound up and running fine...once she activated the mic, it all pissed up the wall....i'm just off for a look at it now....

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.