Muppet question: Xbox Live

• boo 3 Dec 2019 10:45:20 13,538 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Jeez, I feel like an old person asking the kids how the video recorder works...

Just unboxed my Xbox One, three years after buying it, so I can play The Division (the original, not 2) with a mate. I can get online, and I think I can see other players in the safe house, so do I need to set up an Xbox Live account, or is just being online enough to pair up?

I do have a 14 day free trial, so not a problem if I do need it, but no point in using it if I don't need to.

Cheers!
  • paulboy81 3 Dec 2019 12:14:18 306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If memory serves you need Xbox Live Gold to partner up on The Division. Despite being an online game, it's perfectly playable by yourself and the social areas will populate just fine, but as soon as you try to matchmake or partner up for activities you'll hit the Gold paywall.

If you're online in The Division then you have the Xbox Live account setup already, you just have to redeem the 14 day code you have to play with mates.

Edited by paulboy81 at 12:17:07 03-12-2019
  • Syrette 3 Dec 2019 13:52:12 50,411 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Unboxing a console 3 years after spending hundreds on it...

Wish I had that kind of money.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.