Following Xbox Series X Page 18

• Thorbz 6 May 2020 20:20:36 222 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If Tom Of Finland made a cover based shooter .............
  • beastmaster 6 May 2020 20:45:08 20,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It better be mote than just Assassin’s Creed.
  • richarddavies 7 May 2020 17:20:03 7,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really do feel like I'm turning into an old fart now after seeing that presentation. The graphics look a little better, but that's about it. I'm more excited about the loading time thing really.

I've said it before, but theres a diminishing return with each generation.
  • Derblington 7 May 2020 17:24:34 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    No, it was just a really underwhelming presentation. It’s probably the worst I’ve seen for a major platform event.

Not really MS’ fault, it was just a poor selection of titles. Likely because everyone has their own events planned.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 7 May 2020 17:25:36 8,371 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Given that I'm planning on buying an Ampere card when they become available (3080Ti or whatever they call it) and that I'm really not sure that the Series X's form-factor will fit under my TV neatly, I'm not sure I can be bothered with this one. That presentation left me absolutely cold. All of those games are going to be on PC anyway.
  • BillMurray 7 May 2020 17:44:14 9,538 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really hope they're holding back some more interesting titles for further streams.
  • JoelStinty 7 May 2020 17:50:45 8,784 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Eh. That could have been any E3 showreel from the last 10 years or so. Not in a rush to jump in anytime soon. Sure a couple of those games will end up being good, but there was nothing there that made me go I want to play that.
  • Juz 7 May 2020 17:52:06 3,399 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah. “Underwhelming” is the only word that fits.

You’d think that by my age, I’d have learned to cranck down my ass temps before a presentation.
  • Vortex808 7 May 2020 17:52:23 13,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    None of those i saw really grabbed me. Nearly face palmed at madden, especially the wooden 'awesome' spiel after.

😃

Still, Halo infinite- when does that get shown next? 😀
  • BillMurray 7 May 2020 17:53:18 9,538 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    None of those i saw really grabbed me. Nearly face palmed at madden, especially the wooden 'awesome' spiel after.

😃

Early next month I think.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 May 2020 18:02:48 25,693 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    BillMurray wrote:
    Vortex808 wrote:

😃

Early next month I think.
    July :)
  • PazJohnMitch 7 May 2020 18:08:18 15,670 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Watching the presentation now. I am really bored.
  • Ror 7 May 2020 18:08:22 19,968 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really hope The Medium is good, as I'm quite excited for that. The second the music started up I knew it was Akira Yamaoka, and then they said in the dev talk after the stream that Silent Hill 2 is their main inspiration. Big shoes to fill.

Also very intrigued by Chorus, though I see it's by the people that make Galaxy on Fire. Never played any of those, so don't really know what to expect beyond space sim.

Also, I'll take that Bandai Namco Astral Chain-alike. Love me some super anime bullshit.
  • paulboy81 7 May 2020 18:12:29 318 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I do feel like these horribly compressed streams are completely unfit for purpose of late. That Bright Memory Infinite could look stunning and decidedly next-gen in the flesh at 4K for example, but on the presentation it just looks like a macroblocking mess.

Overall fairly dull though, not really Microsoft's fault a group of third parties offered up a bunch of underwhelming trailers, but they could have been a little more honest in the marketing for the event, very little "gameplay" on show.
  • PazJohnMitch 7 May 2020 18:12:47 15,670 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Liked the look of Second Extinction up until I realised it was an online squad shooter.
  • b-rk 7 May 2020 18:47:53 1,211 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago

surprised to see that. what happened.
  • Tomo 7 May 2020 18:53:45 17,623 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I actually quite enjoyed that line up of games. Some interesting new franchises in there, even if they are inevitably going to be PC bound.

I was thrilled to see Scorn in there in particular. Ian Highton played through the demo a while back and it seemed really underwhelming. Hopefully MS have provided their expertise and transformed it into something far more interesting. We shall see.

The Medium looked quite good too, along with Call of the Sea.
  • mothercruncher 7 May 2020 18:59:03 17,608 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Really enjoyed a bunch of dudebro bros talking about game cutscenes. Didn’t see anything that even faintly whiffed of next gen.
  • Ror 7 May 2020 19:08:04 19,968 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The start of that Call of the Sea trailer had me wondering if they were announcing a new BioShock.
  • beastmaster 7 May 2020 19:30:56 20,431 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bound to be some kind of DF video at some point for all this.

Not watched any of them apart from Dirt 5.

It'll be the usual thing. Don't want. Don't want. Closer to release date. Still don't want. About a month from release date...well maybeee. Then it'll be a pre-order the maximum of Maximus Series X and then eagerly awaiting Dave from DHL to arrive and tracking him as soon as I can even when I'm delivery number 250 out of 250.

Edit: Whilst posting content updates onto this thread :-)

Edited by beastmaster at 19:32:57 07-05-2020
  • Carlo 7 May 2020 21:12:07 21,186 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    DF will try and roll that turd in glitter, but it won't matter.

There's not a single, SINGLE killer app there.

Switch had Zelda
    Valve Index had Half Life: Alyx

XBox and PS5 better get something quick...
  • richarddavies 7 May 2020 21:15:25 7,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, there was a couple I found interesting, but nothing I would call a system seller. Suppose we'll have to see what they can pull out of the bag in June.
  • Technoishmatt 7 May 2020 21:15:38 4,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I quite liked the format. No stilted live presentations and whooping crowd. Employees having fun, and almost straight to games. They said they were spreading stuff out over a longer period, so this wasnt supposed to be a replacement for a canceled single event. And I enjoyed the focus on mostly slightly different IP.

Pleased that already developers are confirming they will have 120fps options. Will be super interesting to see the resolution on offer. Well, once I have a capable TV :)

Edited by Technoishmatt at 21:15:52 07-05-2020
  • up_the_ante 7 May 2020 21:23:36 1,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nothing about that new Yakuza looked next gen to me. In fact the characters looked more like early this gen.
  • richarddavies 7 May 2020 21:30:18 7,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    When E3 is back, hopefully next year I want Phil Spencer coming out on stage like Steve Ballmer did back in the day.

https://youtu.be/_WW2JWIv6G8
  • Ror 7 May 2020 21:42:07 19,968 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    DF will try and roll that turd in glitter, but it won't matter.

There's not a single, SINGLE killer app there.

Switch had Zelda
    Valve Index had Half Life: Alyx

XBox and PS5 better get something quick...
    For both, it'll be the first party stuff that really sells them.

up_the_ante wrote:
    Nothing about that new Yakuza looked next gen to me. In fact the characters looked more like early this gen.
    It's a current-gen game, it's already out in Japan. I imagine it'll get some enhancements for next-gen, but it's still a current-gen game.
  • spookyxelectric 7 May 2020 21:47:10 37 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, third party titles are almost never the killer apps at launch. Off the top of my head, there was Ridge Racer on the PS1 and SoulCalibur on the Dreamcast. Both Namco arcade ports, funnily enough.

But it's always the first party titles that wow you on day one, and this was a third party showcase.
  • richarddavies 7 May 2020 21:53:02 7,579 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What I find interesting as well is they've said before how there wont be any series x exclusives for awhile at least and yet one of the games "the medium" is exactly that. Coming out in the launch window as well.
  • Derblington 7 May 2020 21:54:42 32,900 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They said they wouldn’t be making any, not that there wouldn’t be next gen exclusive titles.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 7 May 2020 21:56:37 2,845 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So it’s basically a pro pro for pixel counters?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.