Xbox Series X Page 178

• SnowmanRR 18 Nov 2020 21:27:48 236 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone else having problems with the Series X not remembering controllers?

Second time in a week Iíve had to do a hard reset and re-pair the controllers.
  • Baihu1983 18 Nov 2020 21:29:21 12,961 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nope.

Only issue I've had is yakuza freezing after quick resume. Soon as I get into a fight or a cut scene is supposed to start it freezes so I've had to just start quitting the game now.
  • mothercruncher 18 Nov 2020 21:42:07 18,378 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Iím enjoying Forza 7, having never played a Forza game before. I could do without the dudebro voice over but the rest of the presentation is slick and it looks and runs brilliantly. So snappy, even on the Series S.
    Does it claim to be any sort of sim at all? Itís very sim-lite, more so than Gran Turismo for me. Some of the car collection (the silly buggyís and baja trucks etc) feel out of place on a tarmac race track and the handling model feels a touch twitchy and thin. Worst though is the AI. Itís atrocious. Dumbly following a prescribed line but then, when anywhere near you, acting like an over zealous deputy on Worldís Wildest Police Chases, ruthlessly attempting a pit maneuver to stop you crossing the county line. I can spend an entire straight trying to get off them while they saw away at my car. I canít wait to get away from them but that then turns it into a hot lapping game rather than the racing game it purports to be. Itís good, but itís not great.
  • Phattso 18 Nov 2020 21:44:51 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You can really drill into the assists and turn things up or down with great granularity. You can turn it onto a simesque beast if you want to. Itíll never be iRacing though. :)
  • mothercruncher 18 Nov 2020 22:10:48 18,378 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Cheers, I think Iím on about 3/4 difficulty for assists and AI, Iíll continue tweaking because it is enjoyable.
  • SiroccoJetProp 19 Nov 2020 01:31:46 327 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SnowmanRR wrote:

Something similar happened to me earlier. I'd just paired my Arctis 9x up with the console and I shut down.

What I didn't realise is that turning the headset on turns the console on, was confused as to why my xbox had shut down and started up again! Anyway at this point my controller wouldn't sync and the sync button on the console didn't work. Just switched on and off again and pairing worked fine.
  • Carlo 19 Nov 2020 08:41:25 21,495 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So are the SXS for sale anywhere yet?

Everyone's going mental about a PS5, but I haven't got my X yet :(
  • fontgeeksogood 19 Nov 2020 08:44:53 11,269 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wait, aren't you the bare metal guy
  • Bergraven 19 Nov 2020 15:19:52 3 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For anyone wondering (I was, so I expect others may be), if your Game Pass has expired, the £1 conversion of Live Gold to Game Pass Ultimate still works *even if youíve already done it before*.

I did the £1 thing last summer, but didnít go the full 3 years, and it expired yesterday. I wasnít sure if the 1-1 conversion would still work, but rather than wait for Black Friday deals I decided to roll the dice and get 3x 12 month Xbox Live Gold codes from cdkeys. Redeemed them via the Xbox UI shop, being careful to un-tick the extra month each time, and then went via the Xbox UI to Game Pass, and lo, the introductory month for £1 offer was still there. Clicked through, paid the £1 and crossed my fingers... Hey presto, Game Pass Ultimate showing next payment due in Jan 2024.

So yeah, if anyone was wondering, it still works, provided your first converted Game Pass period has expired. At least it worked for me, today.
  • Britesparc 19 Nov 2020 19:14:31 2,181 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Bergraven that's weird, because I did the £1 thing last year, but I only had 12 months Gold. It expired in something like June this year and, feeling I had enough games to be going on with, rather than renew Game Pass I bought another 12 months Gold. I see the advert for "First month £1" on the Xbox dash, but if I click through the price goes up to £10.99.
  • Bergraven 19 Nov 2020 21:13:32 3 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Britesparc Oh that is weird, yes. Had your previous stint completely expired before you added the 12 months of Gold? I presume so, or the gold would have been added as 4 months extra GPU or whatever the ratio is.

I was, based on 6 month old anecdotes, half expecting the upgrade to work, but for it to charge me £10.99 rather than £1. But like I say, it worked for £1 for me today. Maybe I was just lucky.
  • Bergraven 19 Nov 2020 21:14:21 3 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Fourwisemen 19 Nov 2020 21:25:35 1,017 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SnowmanRR wrote:

A few times Iíve switched on the console with the controller and then the controller switches off. Power back on and switched off again. Switched on again and no issue, and not had it disconnect during gameplay which used to happen in my OG XB One.

Edited by Fourwisemen at 22:26:14 19-11-2020
  • spookyxelectric 19 Nov 2020 21:44:12 276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    WRC 9 is half off atm if anyone's interested.

Oy, let's try that again.

Edited by spookyxelectric at 21:45:37 19-11-2020
  • dai_bonehead 19 Nov 2020 23:50:36 523 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Any more uk stock on the Horizon? I bought 2 consoles, 1 for me, 1 for a mate. he got cold feet bit I sold it (cost price) to another....and now my brother in alw tells me his son is after one for Christmas....typical.
  • robthehermit 20 Nov 2020 00:33:37 8,049 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ok, so quick resume isn't currently a thing but did they have to remove any sort of resume. Even the Xbone would instantly let you back into the last game you played. The SX can't even manage that.
  • SiroccoJetProp 20 Nov 2020 00:39:41 327 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Ok, so quick resume isn't currently a thing but did they have to remove any sort of resume. Even the Xbone would instantly let you back into the last game you played. The SX can't even manage that.
    Quick resume does still work for certain games. They're working through some bugs and have disabled it for some games
  • EMarkM 20 Nov 2020 08:18:46 5,344 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dai_bonehead wrote:
    Any more uk stock on the Horizon?
    I'm still looking myself.

I have the StockInformer thing that MonkMan (I think; forgive if not!) set up for me on one tab, plus manual Cmd-Rs of Amazon, Curry's, Argos and Ebuyer constantly open on other tabs, all day and all night.

Good luck sir; may we both do well.
  • MrFlay 20 Nov 2020 10:16:03 4,604 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Black Friday sale is live on the Xbox Store.

Control Ultimate Edition is 50% off. That includes the next-gen version when it eventually, probably shows up.
  • Psychotext 20 Nov 2020 10:31:36 68,274 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Hmm... I may need another option to getting my friend an series s/x.

Is there a thread here on racing wheels? Can anyone recommend one for that'll be compatible with the S/X (and One). Maybe PC too?
  • monkman76 20 Nov 2020 10:32:47 17,299 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Logitech G29 (or is it G920 or something for Xbox?) and Thrustmaster T300 are the most popular probably. T150 also decent as a cheaper option.
  • monkman76 20 Nov 2020 10:33:09 17,299 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There is a thread somewhere yes. Good luck finding it :)
  • Decks 20 Nov 2020 10:38:16 27,689 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Think the Xbox version of the Thrustmaster is called a TX or something.
  • Slint1000 20 Nov 2020 10:39:51 3,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The G920 is a great place to start with a wheel. I have a Fanatec CSL Elite now, but they cost way more, so I wouldnít recommend starting with one unless you have money to burn.

Unless you have your Xbox + screen set up at a desk, youíll need something to attach the wheel to. The EG hive mind recommended me a Wheelstand Pro when I got mine and itís really solid. Iím still using it with my Fanatec in fact, although I had to do some drilling to get it to fit. Wasnít a hassle since I already had a decent drill.
  • Phattso 20 Nov 2020 10:40:26 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:

Control Ultimate Edition is 50% off. That includes the next-gen version when it eventually, probably shows up.
    Also Star Wars Squadrons for £21, and Tony Hawk for £30. Had my eye on both...
  • robthehermit 20 Nov 2020 10:43:53 8,049 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:

Also Star Wars Squadrons for £21, and Tony Hawk for £30. Had my eye on both...
    Also 33% off Watch Dogs Legion already. I'd be well pissed if I'd bought that for my SX launch title.
  • Psychotext 20 Nov 2020 10:49:56 68,274 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:
    The G920 is a great place to start with a wheel. I have a Fanatec CSL Elite now, but they cost way more, so I wouldnít recommend starting with one unless you have money to burn.

Unless you have your Xbox + screen set up at a desk, youíll need something to attach the wheel to. The EG hive mind recommended me a Wheelstand Pro when I got mine and itís really solid. Iím still using it with my Fanatec in fact, although I had to do some drilling to get it to fit. Wasnít a hassle since I already had a decent drill.
    He can buy his own stand, too much chance of me getting it wrong.

I have a Fanatec wheel stand, that worked pretty well. Well, for all of the three times I used my racing wheel before my life went to shit. What a waste of money that was. :(
  • Phattso 20 Nov 2020 10:50:24 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Also 33% off Watch Dogs Legion already. I'd be well pissed if I'd bought that for my SX launch title.
    I did. But using that eBay code so got it for £39.

Not that itís much use anyway. Game breaking bugs mean most of us have parked it pending a patch.

Edited by Phattso at 10:51:28 20-11-2020
  • Psychotext 20 Nov 2020 11:07:11 68,274 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Is £159 reasonable for the G920?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Driving-Racing-Pedals-UK-Plug/dp/B013Y78YY4/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=logitech+g920&qid=1605870391&sr=8-4
  • mikew1985 20 Nov 2020 11:08:14 15,065 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:

Nice I'll check out the sale, depending on how cheap 50% is i may get that as I haven't bought the dlc yet. They've handled the ultimate edition stuff so shoddily. Publisher very short sighted there.

I actually had to check price and its 20usd which is the same or less than the price of the dlc. So dumb. Purchasing the dlc always should have been the unlock condition for the ultimate upgrade.

It's so unfair on early adopters
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.