Xbox Series X Page 260

• richardiox 5 May 2021 10:57:26 10,049 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sheckelberg wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    @Sheckelberg

Free and optional 60/120fps modes for last gen console games = shitty tech? Cool.
    Thatís what I ment, LAST GEN!!
    Yeah!!!
  • erniewhatbert 5 May 2021 11:04:22 3,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    @mikew1985 interesting, I hadn't twigged - just assumed that was the add on for Dishonored 1 but you're right. Bit strange they haven't done 2 then... I can only assume there must be something causing a problem for it as it's so conspicuous by its absence.
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I also only noticed after that, you've to sacrifice 1x enhancements for the framerate to be 60 so perhaps Dishonored 2 is even less well optimised or something, though I don't think it ever got any one x enhancements.
    I'm approx halfway through Dishonored 2 and have parked it in the hope it will get some treatment.

As user convercide said earlier in the thread, the extremely narrow FOV is a pain too. Great game otherwise.

Edited by erniewhatbert at 11:04:47 05-05-2021
  • robthehermit 5 May 2021 11:17:52 8,606 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's arrived, I like it.

• Malek86 5 May 2021 11:41:15 12,229 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    I also only noticed after that, you've to sacrifice 1x enhancements for the framerate to be 60 so perhaps Dishonored 2 is even less well optimised or something, though I don't think it ever got any one x enhancements.
    Dishonored 2 got an Xbox One X upgrade patch too.

But I don't think the lack of boost is due to bad performance. Even the Series S can run Death of the Outsider at 60fps, and anything the S can do, the X should easily laugh at. More likely they just have some other issues to iron out. I guess it will arrive eventually, same for other Bethesda games.
  • THFourteen 5 May 2021 12:12:37 54,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @robthehermit

You're a lot smaller than i thought you were.
  • Wayne 5 May 2021 12:17:26 3,942 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Robospud wrote:
    My Series X wonít stream from video services anymore for some reason. Disney Plus gives error 39 which seems like a really generic error code when I googled it, All4 just says something went wrong, and Netflix plays audio but the video is black.

Iíve tried killing apps, restarting etc. Games are fine, and YouTube plays videos fine too. Very odd, Iím guessing itís some kind of video DRM thing.
    Are you in the preview programme? I had this issue with Netflix years ago and so opted out.
  • robthehermit 5 May 2021 12:23:41 8,606 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    @robthehermit

You're a lot smaller than i thought you were.
    :D
  • SiroccoJetProp 5 May 2021 19:39:55 399 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Sheckelberg shitty bits of tech that the PlayStation 5 isn't capable of...
  • THFourteen 6 May 2021 09:34:58 54,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08H93GKNJ?tag=partstockaler-21

If anyone is still looking.
  • JamboWayOh 6 May 2021 09:37:51 24,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or not.
  • Sharz 6 May 2021 09:40:32 2,115 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Got notified by discord and actually found in stock. Ordered and still says in stock, odd that's been whole 5 mins.

Edit: and gone.

Edited by Sharz at 09:41:10 06-05-2021
  • THFourteen 6 May 2021 09:42:50 54,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They were there for a while.
  • mikew1985 6 May 2021 09:58:51 15,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Dishonored 2 got an Xbox One X upgrade patch too.

But I don't think the lack of boost is due to bad performance. Even the Series S can run Death of the Outsider at 60fps, and anything the S can do, the X should easily laugh at. More likely they just have some other issues to iron out. I guess it will arrive eventually, same for other Bethesda games.
    Ah, I made an assumption based on the age of Dishonoured 2 that it hadn't actually gotten one and I played it on PC rather than Xbox one at the time so never noticed it receiving the update. It is rather conspicuous by it's absence from the FPS boost list but also it and death of the outsider not being on Game Pass is odd.
  • ozthegweat 6 May 2021 10:38:10 2,968 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sheckelberg wrote:
    How can you guys give praise to such shitty bits of tech??
    PlayStation 5 all day on the bay
    :)
    Leave Sheckly alone guys. A console that improves the performance of older games is clearly massively inferior to one that leaves them as is. Next you'll be touting the ability to play 360 games as something even remotely desirable. Come on.
  • Baihu1983 6 May 2021 10:47:30 14,298 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Sheckelberg wrote:
    Yeah! MS should re release those games for extra money
  • richardiox 6 May 2021 11:06:32 10,049 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ozthegweat wrote:
    Sheckelberg wrote:
    Leave Sheckly alone guys. A console that improves the performance of older games is clearly massively inferior to one that leaves them as is. Next you'll be touting the ability to play 360 games as something even remotely desirable. Come on.
    The best bit is that he's been posting about how he's been putting off playing Returnal in order to play Nier - which by his own account is LAST GEN and thus null and void in gaming terms.
  • nickthegun 6 May 2021 11:17:43 87,508 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    In other news:

I pre-ordered this and it turned up last week. It seems pretty great so far:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08NDT2CGS/

I havent had much time to play with it as returnal and a few other things have been sucking up my time but its super solidly built, the buttons are microswitched with virtually no travel and the analogue stick has an otagonal gate, which works super well.

If you play fighting games on the Xbox/PC, A+ would recommend.
  • StixxUK 6 May 2021 16:12:38 8,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'd been having issues with quick resume on Jedi Fallen Order where it tells me my account sign-in has changed and kicks me to the menu. Have found it's no longer an issue if I boot up another game before switching off. More than slightly janky but preferable to losing progress!
  • Britesparc 6 May 2021 16:28:27 2,320 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    I'd been having issues with quick resume on Jedi Fallen Order where it tells me my account sign-in has changed and kicks me to the menu. Have found it's no longer an issue if I boot up another game before switching off. More than slightly janky but preferable to losing progress!
    Fallen Order was the first game I played (properly) when I got my Series X, and I found Quick Resume worked until it didn't. Sometimes it was fine even if my kids had ran a few different games in between my sessions, sometimes it'd crap out on me without anything getting played in between.

I've found QR seems to be more stable now (in general, I finished FO), and games either support it and work, or don't support it at all. The ability to go in and see what games are part of QR is a big help too.

Edited by Britesparc at 16:29:15 06-05-2021
  • THFourteen 6 May 2021 16:33:17 54,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    QR has been a load of bollocks for me because i mainly play games which have an online component.

Fuck what has happened to me.
  • Sharz 6 May 2021 16:50:40 2,115 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    How does quick resume compare to the One X? As find that flawless, turning the console on and jumping straight back into the game.

Is the Series X version of it basically the same just with 5 games vs 1 game? Or is their more to it. If as flawless then can see why people say it's the killer feature.

Edited by Sharz at 16:50:53 06-05-2021
  • Phattso 6 May 2021 16:57:46 27,302 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Some older games handle it better than others. Going forward I think all games will handle it well.

Hitman 3 for example just senses it lost server connection when you turned the game off last week and just tries again. Seamless

The Division 2 however will boot you back to the character select screen.

Right now Iíd say 8/10 games have been great for me on QR, and that has been transformative for how many games I can just jump back into, and therefore how many games Iím finishing.
  • nickthegun 6 May 2021 16:59:54 87,508 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Its, basically, great for everything other than destiny.

And Fallen Order.
  • monkman76 6 May 2021 17:01:13 18,923 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It would be amazing for Returnal.

AMAZING, RODGER SONY
  • MrZappa 6 May 2021 17:25:50 67 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Sharz Quick resume on Series X is flawless with AC Odyssey and useless with AC Valhalla for me so far by way of a quick comparison. Brilliant when it works in general - it's a really convenient timesaver.
  • spookyxelectric 6 May 2021 17:28:17 593 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So odd that the game which has a native Series X sku is the one with issues with Quick Resume.

I just got my Series X on Monday and I've yet to mess with QR. I have a tendency to just close a game when I'm done playing it, but there is a noticeable delay on start up, particularly coming off the PS5. QR should eliminate that though, I'd imagine.
  • MrFlay 6 May 2021 18:43:18 4,666 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Xbox Store and all game license verification appears to be down. None of my games will start.
  • DUFFMAN5 6 May 2021 18:47:31 26,820 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @MrFlay
    Same here, had to close down Gears! Just fired up ps4 for some Battlefield V. 👍
  • THFourteen 6 May 2021 18:56:07 54,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Itís not even that quick when it does work, more like it just highlights how slow games are to load in the first place.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.