Xbox Series X Page 267

• Baihu1983 1 Jun 2021 12:26:12 14,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At the moment the console version of Flight Sim isn't coming to any version of the Xbox One.
  • Britesparc 1 Jun 2021 12:58:20 2,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @richardiox rumour mill has it that Horizon 5 will be out for Xmas and is set in Mexico. It'll be a cross-gen game using the old engine rather than the new Motorsport which is bult ground-up for S/X and will be out at some point before we all die.

Seem to be hearing the Horizon 5 rumour a lot - was it on EG too? - so I'm guessing it's probably true.
  • Malek86 1 Jun 2021 13:16:59 12,229 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anyone tried Maid of SKer after the recent update? It now runs at 60fps on Series consoles, and the new FPS challenge mode is... well, can't say if it's any good yet. I've only just started.

Strangely there is Auto HDR even though it's considered an XS Optimized title.
  • Baihu1983 1 Jun 2021 14:07:46 14,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had a quick look but not got stuck into it.
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 14:10:25 27,302 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Baihu1983 wrote:
    At the moment the console version of Flight Sim isn't coming to any version of the Xbox One.
    Aye, though that one is unique in being a PC game primarily. I think the assumption is that the big, established, console franchise and all output from the console studios comes to the old gen as well.

I agree they'll probably split the difference and have some that do and some that don't. And even if some end up being cross-generation, there's still some mileage to do a lot more on the next gen. After another year with real production hardware I'm sure devs will be able to up the visuals even more, and Shadow of War showed us that even complete features could be gutted (if you recall, the Nemesis system was removed from the 360 era versions).

Let's see how it pans out - I'd imagine E3 (and not-E3) will set out their stall for the rest of the year.
  • monkman76 1 Jun 2021 14:19:01 18,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Phattso Given Flight Sim a try yet? Last big update I didn't even need to use the NetLimiter nonsense, so I'm presuming they've fixed the installation issues.
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 14:27:15 27,302 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @monkman76 I got it installed. Continually crashes when starting a session. Menu was fine. Game was humped.

To say I was not amused would be the understatement of the year. Turned the air absolutely blue.
  • monkman76 1 Jun 2021 14:30:25 18,923 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ah yes, live weather...
  • Phattso 1 Jun 2021 14:51:03 27,302 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I put it down to drivers and my 980Ti just not being on their radar somehow. A six month battle with the installer ending in abject disappointment, however, hasn't endeared me to the developers. I imagine the Series X version is my only route to the game now.
  • Britesparc 1 Jun 2021 15:44:54 2,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I installed it on my Surface Book 2. Every time I went to play it, it had another huge multi-gig update to download. When I finally did find the time to play, without any more updates to manage, I remembered I knew nothing about flight sims and couldn't even work out how to take off.

Feel a bit bad about all those hundreds of gigabytes I sent floating across cyberspace, all to just sit on the tarmac and click a few switches.
  • spookyxelectric 1 Jun 2021 16:17:07 593 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't know if anyone here enjoys Dontnod and their Life is Strange-style adventure games, but Tell Me Why is seemingly completely free at the moment, with or without GamePass.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/tell-me-why-chapters-1-3/9nf83przk6k3
  • richarddavies 1 Jun 2021 16:21:36 8,291 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice, good game too. Really got into the story of that one.
  • Baihu1983 1 Jun 2021 16:31:12 14,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah it's a good game. Some really nice visuals as well

Free all month due to pride

Edited by Baihu1983 at 06:31:18 02-06-2021
  • Vice.Destroyer 2 Jun 2021 10:55:22 7,424 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    I installed it on my Surface Book 2. Every time I went to play it, it had another huge multi-gig update to download. When I finally did find the time to play, without any more updates to manage, I remembered I knew nothing about flight sims and couldn't even work out how to take off.

Feel a bit bad about all those hundreds of gigabytes I sent floating across cyberspace, all to just sit on the tarmac and click a few switches.

Oh dear. This post really tickled me. And I totally get this. Being taken in by the hype of a game, only to discover too late that you're not a fan of the genre. I'm looking at you, Dragon Age
  • Britesparc 2 Jun 2021 12:54:25 2,320 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Vice.Destroyer Took me right back to my Amiga 500 and F-29 Retaliator (think that was what it was called). Every few months I'd boot it up, whip out the War and Peace manual, and try to figure out how to take off.

Manged it exactly once, then immediately crashed.

I'm hoping/assuming the console version will be a bit easier, as it'll be designed to be played with one controller.
  • Kernowgaz 3 Jun 2021 23:35:48 250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Anyone had issues with their Series X crashing all the time ? Itís only happened in the last couple of months but every game crashes. Tried a hard reset but still no joy. Thereís lots of space around it and is only warm by the vent, so itís not overheating.

Iíve got to send it away, theyíve said donít sent it in the original packaging, how else would I send it to be repaired for fucks sake. I suppose Iíve got to find a large box and bubble wrap the fuck out of it.
  • Rogueywon 3 Jun 2021 23:50:31 12,244 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Kernowgaz Sorry... mine's been rock-solid stable. That sounds like you've got a faulty unit. And yes, large box and bubblewrap.

I sent a couple of consoles by post a few months back (a PS4 Pro and an XB1X), but unfortunately the dimensions of the XBSX aren't going to fit any of the standard post office boxes.
  • Blackmarsh63 4 Jun 2021 07:13:01 4,419 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Kernowgaz No issues with mine but Microsoftís repair service is usually very fast. I had issues with my old 1x and it was returned in just over a week.
  • Kernowgaz 4 Jun 2021 07:49:29 250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Cheers all. Luckily Iím a board gamer and the boxes you get sent them are quite big and I keep them in the garage. Got a fair bit of bubble wrap and small pieces of foam

What to do with the 3 invoices is the bizarre one. Just web chatted with someone rim Xbox and they said stick 3 onto the box and to be sure 3 inside - bizarre.
  • JonFE 4 Jun 2021 08:32:42 2,066 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ooh the memories, the joy of sending your RRoD'd x360 to MS for repair :) I'd assume their service department has plenty of experience in efficiency ;)

@Kernowgaz Hope you'll get it back pronto...
  • Kernowgaz 4 Jun 2021 09:03:50 250 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @JonFE Thanks.

I had the RROD the first time I booted up the 360, I was gutted but the turnaround was about a week. So fingers crossed.
  • Wayne 4 Jun 2021 09:18:18 3,942 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    Anyone had issues with their Series X crashing all the time ? Itís only happened in the last couple of months but every game crashes. Tried a hard reset but still no joy. Thereís lots of space around it and is only warm by the vent, so itís not overheating.

Iíve got to send it away, theyíve said donít sent it in the original packaging, how else would I send it to be repaired for fucks sake. I suppose Iíve got to find a large box and bubble wrap the fuck out of it.
    In the past, they've sent me a box with all the labelling on it already. So you just pop your console in and send it back. Bit crap that they don't do that anymore.
  • Vice.Destroyer 4 Jun 2021 10:51:32 7,424 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I was coming in to post exactly what Wayne said. How very weird that they don't anymore. Boo!
  • oldskooldeano 4 Jun 2021 10:58:12 3,475 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Kernowgaz I had this exact same problem. Console would just shutdown during Ďintensiveí games like Gears 5, Outriders, FH4 etc. Usually within about 20 minutes.
    Sent it back to Germany under the same circumstances as you, three labels etc. Got it back in about a month with a Ďserviced atí date on the back where the serial number is.
    Console now works perfectly, so they definitely did something but I donít know what.
    Hope yours gets sorted too.
  • Baihu1983 4 Jun 2021 12:00:35 14,298 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Official headset in stock on the MS store
  • robthehermit 4 Jun 2021 14:50:13 8,606 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    If you're going to buy it, don't forget that you can pick up the required £90 for a mere £83 from CDKeys.

And for maximum savings, if you go through quidco for both transactions you'll also earn about £3 in cashback.
  • spookyxelectric 4 Jun 2021 15:01:45 593 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anyone here have any experience with the new official headset? How's the quality?
  • robthehermit 4 Jun 2021 15:08:13 8,606 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've got one, it's pretty decent. Sounds terrible out of the box, but tweak the EQ a bit and it perks right up. I wish the mic was detachable as I don't talk to people, but other than that I'm very pleased with it.
  • spookyxelectric 4 Jun 2021 15:22:57 593 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cheers. I might go in on this. I'm sure other (more expensive) headsets provide better sound, but they always look too gamery to me. Which is a silly complaint for a gaming product, but there it is. I like the minimalist design of MS' official accessories.
  • Sharz 4 Jun 2021 15:29:05 2,115 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bought the Official wireless headset from currys for £85 so might be worth keeping an eye on them as they do general codes for 'gaming things'.

Experience with it is pretty impressive. Did have to tweak the EQ to remove the stupid base but other than that great. If you cant be bothered to tweak the profiles just stick it on the Music profile.

For years my Hyper X Cloud II has been my favorite, but this better and is wireless which is pretty decent upgrade.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.