Following Xbox Series X Page 269

• Competitivedad_ 6 Jun 2021 20:49:14 95 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I've got a month left of my game pass ultimate, think I subscribed to Xbox live for 24months at the time to take advantage of the £1 offer - what's the best way to resub this time around am I better off letting it lapse and wait for another offer or is that not a thing?
  • paulboy81 6 Jun 2021 20:58:35 487 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's not guaranteed you'll receive the £1 offer again no, although not impossible either.

But you can still convert Gold to Ultimate by paying for a month's Ultimate through the dash.

Or even better a 7 day code from somewhere like Eneba works just as well at converting the whole lot to Ultimate.

https://www.eneba.com/gb/xbox-xbox-game-pass-ultimate-7-days-subscription-xbox-one-windows-10-xbox-live-key-global

But yes, let it all lapse before resubbing to Gold and then converting.
  • Competitivedad_ 6 Jun 2021 21:13:43 95 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Great - I'll do just that. Thank you 👍
  • Kernowgaz 6 Jun 2021 22:23:21 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    @Kernowgaz oh my god mate thatís bad. I had the same problem with my headphones. I had to send them back as well with an unrelated problem.
    Eventually Microsoft contacted me saying they hadnít received the yet. My UPS tracker said the same as yours. Yet UPS did not contact me. I rang them three times and each time they said they would ring me back to get some customs clearance information. They never did. Eventually they apparent did send the headphones but Microsoft have still not acknowledged receipt. This is about six weeks now....
    I would get on the phone to UPS and work hard to get it sorted.
    Bloody hell thatís shit, didnít think it would be that bad.

You must have bad luck to have a console and headphones break
  • G0atApocalypse 6 Jun 2021 22:43:03 41 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    So I've settled on an LG CX65 and a Sonos Arc set-up. Any red flags before I pull the trigger?

Fucking nuts like, I don't even have a house yet.
  • crestedzulu 6 Jun 2021 22:55:17 94 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @G0atApocalypse I have the same rig and itís awesome.

The soundscape is much better with the rear speakers, grab them and youíre in heaven.
  • CosmicFuzz 6 Jun 2021 23:12:18 32,606 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I've got audio sync issues with my Sonos beam and LG B8. Might be because it's ARC rather than eARC, but I think the B8 does some unnecessary processing that causes a delay, and there's no audio passthrough option on it.

Totally fine using internal apps like Netflix etc, but anything from an external source over HDMI has a delay. Very irritating.
  • mikew1985 7 Jun 2021 09:27:20 15,521 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    B9 has a pass through option so I'm sure the CX does.
  • MacReadysChessWizard 7 Jun 2021 09:32:29 147 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a Samsung Q950T soundbar, to go with my CX. I've looked at the Sonos, but just can't justify it being about £800 more than the Sammy system (now that the Q950T is down to £1000 everywhere) with the sub + surrounds to get the same effect. Anyone else using the Q950T with an LG telly and the Series X?
  • richardiox 7 Jun 2021 09:45:55 9,840 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    You guys just made me do some research on the Arc. Fucking hell, 800 notes without a sub or satellite speakers. Coming from a £400 set, I actually find the audio (comparatively) decent on my CX although have to change the audio mode pretty much every time dependent on the the source - usually as the dialogue in films/TV is too quiet.
  • MacReadysChessWizard 7 Jun 2021 09:49:48 147 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @richardiox

Yeah, it makes the newly-reduced-to-make-way-for-newer-model Q950T look fucking extraordinary "value".

It's also a shame that the LG SN11, which is now £800, down from about £1400-1500 got mixed reviews, and is also fucking massive.
  • richardiox 7 Jun 2021 09:52:19 9,840 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    In my head a decent surround set up is like £300 - including sub and satellites!!

Fortunately (due to kids best being upstairs) I game with my Sennheiser headphones connected over Bluetooth to the CX and get pretty decent results. And can have it loud (which counts for a lot!)
  • General_Martok 7 Jun 2021 09:52:21 2,290 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah my BX has decent sound. I can't justify paying the same amount again for sound!

What's with the sound setting though? As Richardiox says, I keep having to change them.
  • Derblington 7 Jun 2021 09:57:42 35,010 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    In my head a decent surround set up is like £300 - including sub and satellites!!
    Hah! We wish.
  • Wayne 7 Jun 2021 10:05:54 3,626 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

Fortunately (due to kids best being upstairs) I game with my Sennheiser headphones connected over Bluetooth to the CX and get pretty decent results. And can have it loud (which counts for a lot!)
    You're looking £300 for an entry level AV receiver.
  • oldskooldeano 7 Jun 2021 10:11:36 3,446 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Kernowgaz yeah well the headphones breaking was not so bad. I rang MS today to say that UPS has still not delivered the headphones to them and the nice chap on the phone confirmed that UPS has been causing them delays and problems just like yours and mine. Reading between the lines I donít think MS are happy. You definitely should chase up with UPS or your console might get stuck in limbo for literally weeks just like my headphones and Iím sure you donít want that.
  • crestedzulu 7 Jun 2021 10:46:30 94 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @MacReadysChessWizard I have the Arc and 2 rear SL`s. A sub isnt required ... and im the sort of person who would buy one if i thought it was merited, even at £600.
  • crestedzulu 7 Jun 2021 10:48:09 94 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @richardiox Yeah the CX sound is really good, better than i would have imagined.

Not for a moment though do i regret buying the Arc and 2 SL`s.
  • Kernowgaz 7 Jun 2021 10:58:48 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @oldskooldeano Iíve just rang UPS , gave them my phone number and they said theyíll ring me back within 24hrs - which I doubt they will.

What have Microsoft done for you?
  • Britesparc 7 Jun 2021 11:19:09 2,303 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So my bit of advice for anyone with a new console is to not attempt to eject a disc whilst the power's off. The disc comes out, but then the Xbox boots up and promptly sucks the disc back in again. This is annoying if you've already started taking the disc away, as you end up inadvertantly tugging it against the drive mechanism and it makes a horrible noise :-(

Edited by Britesparc at 11:19:34 07-06-2021
  • oldskooldeano 7 Jun 2021 11:26:26 3,446 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Kernowgaz Microsoft havenít done much on the headphone front except confirmed they see as due to be delivered by UPS today and that the ticket remains open. Iím patient about it as itís just headphones and I have a spare for now.
    If it all goes tits up then I will ask them to just send me a new pair which Iím pretty sure they will. I wouldnít be so relaxed Iíd this was my console though...
  • Kernowgaz 7 Jun 2021 12:00:17 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @oldskooldeano Well good luck today. Did UPS ever get back to you?

If they donít back to me, Iíll try and ring them tomorrow. Have you got a phone number for them? Whenever I go thru the website I can never connect for them to call me. Iíve found this one - 0800 0260329
  • MacReadysChessWizard 7 Jun 2021 12:08:17 147 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    crestedzulu wrote:
    @MacReadysChessWizard I have the Arc and 2 rear SL`s. A sub isnt required ... and im the sort of person who would buy one if i thought it was merited, even at £600.
    Hmmm..tempting. Sonos Arc + 2 x SL Ones would be about the same price as the full 950T system, but obviously missing 1 x LFE and 2 x upfiring rear channlels.

I don't need all the multiroom stuff, and have dedicated stereo amp and speakers for music - I just want the full movie experience. Gotta sell my old (not really) Sony Amp and Kef 2005.2 as I need the neatness.
  • schoozzzmmii 7 Jun 2021 12:08:50 69 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Kernowgaz Back in the 360 days I bought one of the official Microsoft driving wheels. They had to do a product recall as there was a risk of fire with the power brick. I sent the wheel back but Microsoft claimed it was lost en route. They said without me being able to prove I'd ever shipped it back to them (even though they provided the return box for shipping) I was out of luck. I spent hours complaining but it never did get me anywhere. Ended up out of pocket by around 150 quid. That put my off Microsoft for a fair amount of time but I was too big a fan of Halo in the end!
  • Malek86 7 Jun 2021 12:09:34 12,086 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @mikew1985 my cheap LG has a pass through option as well, but it doesn't really do anything, it's still laggy.

Then again, it's been so long, it might be almost time to upgrade my receiver and be done with it.
  • oldskooldeano 7 Jun 2021 13:10:49 3,446 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Kernowgaz UPS never called me back even though they promised to, three times, and had also marked that they had Ďinitiated contactí with me to clear up customs questions. Hence I think why Microsoft are not happy with them. It would seem a theme..
  • Kernowgaz 7 Jun 2021 13:13:44 239 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @oldskooldeano

So UPS cleared it themselves then if itís due for delivery today ? Iím not going to enjoy this.
  • andrewrafter 7 Jun 2021 13:29:25 124 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @G0atApocalypse great combo - have the C9 and full ARC. Itís insane !
  • andrewrafter 7 Jun 2021 13:31:01 124 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @crestedzulu sub is a must ó not sure why you disagree. Arc isnít great for the low end stuff.
  • Technoishmatt 7 Jun 2021 14:18:19 5,240 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I guess the Arc has more bass, but the beam definitely doesnt have proper bass.

I went from sonos beam to resetting up my AV receiver and speakers, and it is night and day. Zero contest. I forgo ease of wireless... but the quality is so so much better.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.