Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 5

• Saul_Iscariot 5 Jan 2020 02:11:53 3,303 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Updation complete. I'm sure you'll let me know if I have got anything wrong.

Three slots are suitable pain after the greatly generous five slots of last year. You all need a real challenge for the new decade.
    Do you mean to say that it will harder next year?
  • Samildanach 5 Jan 2020 09:27:03 189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Updation complete. I'm sure you'll let me know if I have got anything wrong.

Three slots are suitable pain after the greatly generous five slots of last year. You all need a real challenge for the new decade.
    Do you mean to say that it will harder next year?
    We would be completely buggered then. Let's hope he means THIS is the harder challenge to START the new decade. Not sure how long I will survive on three slots mind, I can feel my game buying trigger finger getting itchy. I have managed to hold off buying an unecessary Assassin's Creed Unity when I would have normally got it in the sale. I don't intend to play that until after Dragon Age Inquisition, and later Bloodborne and Witcher 3 are done... that's going to take all year.
  • MightyPirate 5 Jan 2020 11:04:53 96 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    @DuckBreaker I've had a word with Guybrush and he says you can remove his entry, considering we're both the same person.

I'm not completing each twice that's for sure. Tempted to make use of the "wimp clause" and start with a clean slate, but what the hell, might as well fail early.
  • rice_sandwich 5 Jan 2020 12:28:03 6,052 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Samildanach

I think he means that 2021 is the actual start of the new decade, there being no year zero and all that.
  • Saul_Iscariot 5 Jan 2020 13:19:20 3,303 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @rice_sandwich I am going for pedant of the year.
  • DuckBreaker 5 Jan 2020 13:56:30 18 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Damn pedants everywhere. Haven't you all got ducks to shoot down?
  • crashVoodoo 5 Jan 2020 14:11:36 6,542 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Please add Zelda : link's awakening on switch please.
  • Samildanach 5 Jan 2020 14:17:52 189 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @rice_sandwich
    So you mean we all celebrated the start of the new millennium a year EARLY!? I knew it was a bit of a damp squib, now I know why.
  • rice_sandwich 5 Jan 2020 15:24:33 6,052 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought Cubixx (£5.99). It's a 3d version of that old game where you cut away a square to get it down to a certain size while avoiding enemies. There's a 50 level arcade challenge and various other challenges (time attack etc). It might just be a hidden gem.

It hits the sweet spot, between just challenging enough and too hard. I'm up to level 30 so far. Not sure if I'll be good enough to clear level 50.

My list is:

1. Aqua Kitty UDX (Switch)
    2. Star Wars Pinball (Switch)
    3. Cubixx (Switch)
  • Gl3n Moderator 5 Jan 2020 16:51:49 6,704 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Modern Warfare finished, going to think on what to fill my last slot with.

Also, what a game.
  • DangerousDave_87 5 Jan 2020 17:22:21 6,643 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Good choice! Not too long and genuinely good fun. The dungeon creator is also pretty good if you find yourself wanting more.
  • crashVoodoo 5 Jan 2020 19:02:35 6,542 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Good choice! Not too long and genuinely good fun. The dungeon creator is also pretty good if you find yourself wanting more.
    It is quite good. Ive played it for about 4 or 5 hours now and I'm 3 instruments down. On my way to the desert
  • Nazo 6 Jan 2020 15:39:32 1,153 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Alright, now the madness of Christmas and New Year is fading into the background sign me up with a couple of in-progress games for starters please:

-Tales Of Beseria
    -Shenmue 3

As my goal this year is to finish off the games I have and reduce my time spent playing I'm going to add an extra restriction on myself: any new games purchased will take up a slot in perpetuity. That should add a bit of spice.
  • Ceelion 6 Jan 2020 21:15:50 527 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shadow Of The Colossus DONE AND DUSTED. Wonderful wonderful game with some of the most annoying character control Iíve ever played.

A masterpiece on PS2
    Almost as good on PS3
    Very good on PS4

1) Sekiro
    2) Jedi: Fallen Order.
    3)
  • Murbs 7 Jan 2020 22:35:52 24,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Children of morta progress has just definitely stalled. Might take a break and play something else before getting back to grinding a few more upgrades. Will let you know if it's something new!
  • Saul_Iscariot 7 Jan 2020 23:33:28 3,303 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ceelion wrote:
    Shadow Of The Colossus DONE AND DUSTED. Wonderful wonderful game with some of the most annoying character control Iíve ever played.

A masterpiece on PS2
    Almost as good on PS3
    Very good on PS4

1) Sekiro
    2) Jedi: Fallen Order.
    3)
    Other than the graphics what changes have been made on the PS4 edition? It s a game I enjoyed on PS2 but struggled to find the time to play the PS3 version. And I was distracted by it being packaged with ICO.
  • CowsMakeNoise 8 Jan 2020 07:26:52 96 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Prey - completed.

Thoroughly enjoyed this, definite Bioshock vibes both in terms of setting and gameplay. Couldnít shake the feeling it was a bit laggy, but that could be down to it being a slower paced game with less emphasis on reaction time. Or that I played a bit of Modern Warfare Remastered over Christmas.

Need to think about what to do next. Definitely digging into the backlog.
  • Gl3n Moderator 8 Jan 2020 11:35:56 6,704 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Motoring through Outer Wilds, loving it.

I've decided an additional challenge for this year.. rather than the 12 new games over 12 months thing, a budget of £100 for an entire years gaming.

If you think about it, that's a lot of discount entertainment. It also gives another incentive to not spend frivolously as well as clearing more backlog, which is filled with gems to finish off and neglected gold.

It means I'll probably stick to Game Pass, avoid most new releases and won't bother with DLC. Cyberpunk seems likely though.

#gluttonforpunishment
  • DangerousDave_87 8 Jan 2020 14:25:32 6,643 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How much is Game Pass for the year?
  • Nazo 8 Jan 2020 14:26:34 1,153 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    At least 3 slots.
  • Murbs 8 Jan 2020 14:48:55 24,510 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Gl3n I really need to try that. Will wait for a few 🎯 before I think about getting it for one of my 🦆
  • Gl3n Moderator 8 Jan 2020 18:48:53 6,704 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    How much is Game Pass for the year?
    I've seen it on a quarterly basis for 15.
  • PazJohnMitch 8 Jan 2020 22:17:42 14,959 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🎯Banner Saga

Really enjoyable game that was a little different. Kind of wish I had also bought part 2 when it was on sale.
  • Ceelion 9 Jan 2020 11:55:41 527 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:

Other than the graphics what changes have been made on the PS4 edition? It s a game I enjoyed on PS2 but struggled to find the time to play the PS3 version. And I was distracted by it being packaged with ICO.
    There's a massive graphical update, but most importantly is the FPS. You can run it in 60 fps if you want. What I struggled with was the handling. I needed to play the slower version because the controls were so finickity, and some of the jumps/colossus climbing needed the lag for me to nail.

I think the game was made to be played slower, and it wasn't updated or made forgiving enough to be played at such a high frame rate.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Jan 2020 14:02:30 6,643 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Gl3n That's pretty good! If I were Xbox, that would probably be my preferred method for purchases.
  • Nazo 9 Jan 2020 14:20:51 1,153 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Shouldnít I have some sort of icon by my name to commemorate my glorious success in the first (and best) challenge?
  • Gl3n Moderator 9 Jan 2020 16:14:06 6,704 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    @Gl3n That's pretty good! If I were Xbox, that would probably be my preferred method for purchases.
    That's the combined ultimate pack for PC plus Xbox, as I'm PC only in this regard it's actually only £4 per month currently.
  • CowsMakeNoise 10 Jan 2020 14:10:25 96 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started Layers of Fear and as itís only short:
    🎯 Layers of Fear

So to punish myself, Iím starting back into the long long abandoned Nioh. Early days but enjoying it so far.
  • PazJohnMitch 11 Jan 2020 09:12:43 14,959 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    🦆Resident Evil 2
  • AddyB_ 12 Jan 2020 08:20:41 98 posts
    Seen 32 seconds ago
    Registered 4 weeks ago
    DQXI finished so that can come off my list.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.