Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 12

• DangerousDave_87 8 Feb 2020 17:31:39 6,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    💩 💩 💩

It is all over already.

I was doing a spot of tidying and figured I would trade 3 of the games I completed at the end of last year into CEX to fill my empty slot. They offered me £81. So I got Astral Chain, Metro Exodus and AssCreed Odyssey.
    Ooph... That was impulsive. I would argue that unless you're planning to play all 3 at once, you could leave the ones you're not playing off your list and ONLY add them when you've freed up a slot.

But, perhaps I'm being too nice.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 11:19:07 09-02-2020
  • Jono62 9 Feb 2020 09:56:33 25,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Remove From Fandango and Flashback off my list please. Both probably never to be played again. Such a slog for both in the end.
  • DuckBreaker 9 Feb 2020 16:32:18 80 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    💩 💩 💩

It is all over already.

I was doing a spot of tidying and figured I would trade 3 of the games I completed at the end of last year into CEX to fill my empty slot. They offered me £81. So I got Astral Chain, Metro Exodus and AssCreed Odyssey.
    Ooph... That was impulsive. I would argue that unless you're planning to play all 3 at once, you could leave the ones you're not playing off your list and ONLY add them when you've freed up a slot.

But, perhaps I'm being too nice.
    Definitely too nice Mr Dave, behold my words of Power on page 1:

"ALL newly purchased games, backlog games, dlc, expansions, season passes etc. count. It doesn't matter whether it's a new game or an old game, gamepass, game compilation, humble bundle or whatever else."

All uncontrolled splurges must be mercilessly punished.
  • OnlyJoeKing 9 Feb 2020 20:56:38 1,088 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I fully support the hard line. It's the only thing keeping me in check!
  • Saul_Iscariot 9 Feb 2020 21:31:17 3,745 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have seen a few games in the sales, games I wanted, that I have passed up on because of this challenge.
  • Jono62 9 Feb 2020 21:33:14 25,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All hail mein Fuhrer, Duckbreaker
  • DuckBreaker 9 Feb 2020 21:40:15 80 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Some might see me as being too hard,

but in reality I am just mall'ard.
  • DangerousDave_87 9 Feb 2020 22:55:28 6,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I apologise from deviating from the original rules. Shocking behaviour. I need to do my revision.
  • Jono62 10 Feb 2020 18:45:29 25,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does Ring Fit Adventure count as a game?
  • Vortex808 10 Feb 2020 18:47:51 13,867 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Depends on how you're playing it, and who you're playing it with i guess...

😃
  • Murbs 10 Feb 2020 20:05:47 24,815 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Alduin, the Eater of Worlds, has been defeated. Skyrim 🎯

Think I need a night off.
  • DangerousDave_87 10 Feb 2020 22:07:42 6,811 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Jono62 It was struck off my list without much of a debate. I'd say it's predominantly a fitness product. It's also too big to complete quickly. It'll likely take months to finish a single playthrough.
  • Nazo 10 Feb 2020 22:48:01 1,372 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It also go with no game for RFA. Mostly because I'm quite tempted to buy it...
  • wuntyate 11 Feb 2020 06:57:32 14,949 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you could remove RE4 please duck but add RE: code Veronica and Wolfenstein youngblood.
  • CowsMakeNoise 11 Feb 2020 09:07:22 100 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Morning all.

Nioh is done, well except for the epilogue and the post game stuff. Might dip back in later, but as credits have rolled Iím moving on to Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
  • Samildanach 12 Feb 2020 18:14:13 345 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thunder Force II done and can be removed.

I'll add Sigil. Well technically I bought the original Doom, but I really bought it to see John Romero's new chapter having played the original Ultimate Doom four chapters to death when they came out in the 90s. Turns out I am really shit at Doom now...try to resist God mode...

Also add Assassin's Creed Unity having just bought a copy. It may stay for a while as I plan to finish Dragon Age Inquisition and maybe Bloodborne before I start it, but as it is newly bought, it goes in a slot.
  • DuckBreaker 12 Feb 2020 18:29:41 80 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Updated.

Quack.
  • Murbs 12 Feb 2020 18:50:31 24,815 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Updated.

Quack.
    Least convincing duck call ever. Starting to wonder if you're even a real duck.
  • Murbs 12 Feb 2020 18:53:08 24,815 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm holding out starting anything new until this next eshop sale is announced tomorrow. It is my birthday this weekend...
  • JoelStinty 12 Feb 2020 20:48:31 8,927 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I completed Resi 2 on Leonís Story. Really is a fantastic game. Such a faithful but wonderfully updated game. It looks and plays brilliantly. Really impressed. I will do Claireís story at Halloween I think.

So can you add Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
    And Box Boy Box Girl to my list.

Think Iím going to have to put Monster Boy aside though, put in a couple of hours and not getting into it. Which is odd as I rather enjoyed Wonderboy 3.

Might be a little unsettled as Iím going away for a couple of months in two weeks time and donít and canít start anything serious. Probably not going to game (donít think Iím going to take my Switch as I donít want to get distracted travelling) aside from my phone. So will come back to Monster Boy another time and see if it clicks then

Edited by JoelStinty at 20:49:56 12-02-2020
  • Phattso 13 Feb 2020 11:54:11 25,482 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Aaaaand I'm bust. In truth I probably should've removed myself on the 1st of January.

Hear me out - this isn't your common or garden capitulation. Well, not entirely. OK, mostly, but there are extenuating circumstances.

Soooooo. After a 13 month ordeal trying to buy a house (with no chain, but a tenant who wouldn't leave), via the courts, living in Air BnB's and couch surfing with friends for the last six months (because got turfed out of rental place), enduring a commute that peaked at 2hrs each way, with nought but a 3G dongle for Internet, a Switch and an iPhone for my gaming needs...

...finally moved in, and Internet gets installed tomorrow. So for the first time in 8 months the PS4 and PC can come back into play. There was absolutely no way I wasn't going to start backlog surfing and playing ALL THE GAMES within minutes of that happening, but the Humble VR Bundle appeared yesterday and that's all she wrote. Bust. Out of the game.

I'm still going to stick around to point and laugh at you lot, and actually I'm still going to try to adhere to the good habits I've formed over the last couple of years, but life has lead me to a heap of games and a hunger to play them. Forgive me. I'll come back stronger in 2021. :)
  • Zidargh 13 Feb 2020 12:33:47 2,048 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Phattso That sounds like a horrendous experience. I'm glad that everything worked out for you and that the house is worth it.

Indulge away, my friend.
  • Samildanach 13 Feb 2020 13:20:43 345 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah, go crazy. There is no way I could stop myself if denied decent gaming for so long.
  • Phattso 13 Feb 2020 13:56:44 25,482 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Heh - thanks, folks. In fairness, the Switch has been amazing these past few months and I've managed to finish a shitload of games (to fend of the crushing anxiety and rage) so it wasn't all that bad. And RDR2 was released on PC in the interim, so I'm looking forward to giving that a punt. :)
  • rice_sandwich 13 Feb 2020 14:33:18 6,455 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I am not at all surprised, in fact I wondered when it would happen.
  • docrob 13 Feb 2020 14:39:50 1,575 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I didn't sign up for the challenge this year (I had spent too long looking forward to being able to buy new stuff!)

However, I would like to report that I just finished the first purchase on my 2019 list (Battletech). So my habits have improved, at least!

(The only problem is that the Resi 2 remake is currently £15 and I think I'm going to go for it)
  • docrob 13 Feb 2020 14:41:15 1,575 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Aaaaand I'm bust. In truth I probably should've removed myself on the 1st of January.

Hear me out - this isn't your common or garden capitulation. Well, not entirely. OK, mostly, but there are extenuating circumstances.

Soooooo. After a 13 month ordeal trying to buy a house (with no chain, but a tenant who wouldn't leave), via the courts, living in Air BnB's and couch surfing with friends for the last six months (because got turfed out of rental place), enduring a commute that peaked at 2hrs each way, with nought but a 3G dongle for Internet, a Switch and an iPhone for my gaming needs...

...finally moved in, and Internet gets installed tomorrow. So for the first time in 8 months the PS4 and PC can come back into play. There was absolutely no way I wasn't going to start backlog surfing and playing ALL THE GAMES within minutes of that happening, but the Humble VR Bundle appeared yesterday and that's all she wrote. Bust. Out of the game.

I'm still going to stick around to point and laugh at you lot, and actually I'm still going to try to adhere to the good habits I've formed over the last couple of years, but life has lead me to a heap of games and a hunger to play them. Forgive me. I'll come back stronger in 2021. :)
    Really glad that's over for you, mate. I spent about 10 months a while back with no internet except a 3G dongle, which only worked in one room of the house, so I feel a bit of your pain!
  • Phattso 13 Feb 2020 15:11:46 25,482 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @docrob it's amazing how much of our habits are tied to being able to download as much as we need whenever we want. :D

My occasional shame of bringing my laptop to work to download all the Netflix content over lunchtime (not to mention Switch games) is now legendary in the office. "Network is slow today, is Phattso downloading Love Island again?" etc. etc. Wankers. ;)
  • rice_sandwich 13 Feb 2020 15:17:30 6,455 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I remember the day when a 9600 baud modem connection was the height of luxury.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.