Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 18

• Vortex808 31 Mar 2020 15:52:25 13,751 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Going to go back to the outer worlds mr duck.
    It was one of my 5 from last year and has been parked since your harsh lowering of games.

I will resume it now gears 5 & batman enemy within are done and i think some gentle exploration will be of benefit in these locked down times.

At least there i can get more than one walk a day!

Edited by Vortex808 at 15:53:25 31-03-2020
  • DuckBreaker 4 Apr 2020 10:13:32 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    The Vortex808 game updating service is up to date. 😉
    All gone a bit quiet in here, nobody playing or buying any games in your isolated madness? Some CHEATING going on?!
  • crashVoodoo 4 Apr 2020 10:44:37 6,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    No it's just the games I'm playing are massive open worlders with a lot of side fluff.

Haven't played an AC since 2 so the side fluff is actually enjoyable

Edited by crashVoodoo at 10:48:39 04-04-2020
  • Samildanach 4 Apr 2020 11:36:14 279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm still chugging away at Dragon Age Inquisition, so no change for a while, other than potential sudden death if I buy anything. Got till May/June when hopefully Darius Cozmic Collection (ps4) gets sent - currently in preorder, so I should be alright if I stay the course.

Looking at all those who have actually completed games this year on page 1, there is really only 19 of us now in the pigwhip race (discounting AddyB who I think may have bowed out earlier?) It will be quite amusing if we ALL end up failing this year.

Edited by Samildanach at 11:36:44 04-04-2020
  • DuckBreaker 4 Apr 2020 11:51:42 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Ah yes, I missed AddyB. They have been summarily removed.
  • crashVoodoo 5 Apr 2020 11:00:53 6,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I was thinking Darkest Dungeon would be me 3rd game to tinker with on switch but 20 minutes into it and fuck that. It has excessive and punishing RNG that can do one
  • Murbs 5 Apr 2020 11:12:43 24,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hit a brick wall in Hollow Knight so I'm taking a break and playing other stuff in my backlog. Resi 4 is technically my 3rd game if playing for the first time on Switch counts (probably 4th play overall though). In addition, if playing a little AC:NH with my daughters counts too (though technically it's not my game) then I guess I've failed.

Going to fail anyway - about to buy a handful of stuff in the latest eshop sale. Probably completed more games already this year than I finish in most, so that's something. Just need to learn to stay away from brutally hard stuff.
  • DuckBreaker 5 Apr 2020 12:49:16 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Murbs
    RE4 will count if it is your first time playing your Switch version of it.
    On the other hand, I am willing to look the other way on AC:NH while you play it with your daughter. Your done if you click it on one evening for an extra bash however, DONE!
  • Jono62 5 Apr 2020 13:02:42 24,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You can take Grim Fandango, Flashback and Tetris 99 off the list.

Im only playing Animal Crossing right now.
  • Murbs 5 Apr 2020 13:37:51 24,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DuckBreaker I appreciate that, but cross me off anyway. I've just ordered Thronebreaker and likely to go for more.
  • Nazo 5 Apr 2020 14:13:45 1,303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:

Wow, good timing finishing all the games at once. You did finish them... right?
  • spookyxelectric 6 Apr 2020 01:28:26 37 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm three episodes into Batman: The Enemy Within. About to start episode four.

This put me in such a Batman mood that I bought the Arkham Collection as it's a part of the Spring Sale on PSN. I'm going to regret being a bat so much, but I am going to try to play through the first two Arkham games again. I've already played through them on 360 then again on PC. Arkham Knight, I'll play the short DLCs, then try to finish collecting all the Riddler trophies before I decide if I want to replay the campaign.

Or do the Riddler trophies roll over into New Game Plus? If they do, I might just go ahead and do that, since it's the only campaign I've only ever beaten once.
  • Chug666 9 Apr 2020 23:05:12 686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Hard West is done, strike it off the list please. For a couple of quid in the switch sale an absolute bargain.
  • Switch024 10 Apr 2020 13:27:00 3,616 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DuckBreaker Can you please add and then remove Animal Crossing and Resident Evil 3. I've seen the credits for both so feel comfortable classing them as completed even though I intend to continue playing them.

Can you also add the Final Fantasy VII Remake. Thanks!
  • Saul_Iscariot 10 Apr 2020 22:48:44 3,649 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I have completed Mass Effect Andromeda, and still havenít bought a new game since Dreams. I may have failed this challenge miserably but I got over 125 hours out of Mass Effect. Going back to Grum Fandango - Year 2 now.
  • spookyxelectric 11 Apr 2020 18:16:48 37 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well, I completed both Telltale Batman games, as well as Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. I was considering a replay of Knight as well, but I'm all Batmanned out for the year. I was considering buying FFVIIR, but I might want to start Life is Strange 2 now so I can knock it off the backlog.
  • Jono62 11 Apr 2020 21:45:11 24,753 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:

Wow, good timing finishing all the games at once. You did finish them... right?
    I finished them a while back and had put in here before, but it wasn't taken off so I am updated again :)
  • crashVoodoo 12 Apr 2020 18:14:25 6,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Assassin's Creed Origins story completed 73 hours later.

I still have quite a lot of side missions left to do but it is officially done.

Onto Oddysey now.

I've also picked up Oxenfree free via Google rewards.
  • bighairybear65 15 Apr 2020 10:15:50 328 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry guys Iím out, what with lockdown etc Iíve been mooching about all over my PS4, finished Hellblade, nearly finished Doom 2016, gave up on WW2 since losing my save (?) and havenít started Tomb Raider Shadows or Red Dead 2.. currently just scrapping the chaff off my backlog, not adhering to these rules at all, my bad but nice to see some of my library thinned down..
    Now have a list of titles (mostly exclusive) on PS4 to complete before New Gen.. so will be doing that in no particular order, in my defence, I havenít bought any new games and donít see myself doing so until Last of Us 2 but Iíve tried and binned loads from backlog and will continue to do so, itís good to bin, so seems unfair to stay in challenge.. :(

Edited by bighairybear65 at 10:16:44 15-04-2020
  • Chug666 15 Apr 2020 12:24:10 686 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Could you add Wreckfest to my list please? I needed something dumb and this is absolutely scratching that itch!
  • Phattso 15 Apr 2020 12:33:40 25,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dropping. Like. Flies. :)
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 17:04:24 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Updated.
    More info to come when my ducklings stop hassling me.
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 17:51:43 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @spookyxelectric
    I couldn't find you on the spreadsheet so I added you, probably with mistakes. Have a look at the first page and let me know if anything needs changing.
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 18:02:34 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Now, in my spare ducky time I have been doing a bit of detective work on all Pigwhippers who haven't completed any games in this challenge. There is a lot of you who are either completely unaware that you are in the challenge, or are wilfully CHEATING with full knowledge. By reading a few of your recent comments on other threads you can't help yourselves in telling the world what you are playing, so without further ado here is the:

List of BUSTED Pigwhippers:

CrispyXUKTurbo- Link's Awakening
    Derblington - Journey to the Savage planet
    Devilligan- Animal Crossing
    Dominalien- REVII
    Flying_Pig- Luigi's Mansion 3
    ZuluHero- RE3
    Carlo- Half Life Alyx
    DakeyrasUK - FFVII Remake and Animal Crossing
    Dombat - Death Stranding Witcher 3 and AC
    HarryPalmer - Detention
    HelloNo- The Division 2
    Huggybear- Animal Crossing
    Humperfunk - FFVIIR
    Graxlar_v3 - FFVIIR + ACrossing
    Malek86 - LOS2
    Mola_Ram- Lots of games!
    robthehermit - Ori and the Blind Forest
    RyanDS - Persona 5 Royal
    simpleexplodingmaybe Megadrive Collection
    Spectral - FF6 and Control
    splosh- over in the 52 games/52 weeks thread
    StixxUK - Ori and the Blind Forest
    Toaster05 - Animal Crossing
    TommyUnderwear - Apex Legends
    UncleLou- Mount and Blade 2
    vyseofhr - Two Point hospital
    Zomoniac - Animal Crossing

Obviously the games mentioned are what you have recently said you were playing.

Now it may well be that you are still in the runnings as you have been keeping within the three slots and just forgot to update the thread, so you have till my next update before you get a poop emoji and your challenge is over. I suspect, however, most of you are completely unaware of being in the challenge and are buying games willy nilly like crazies again.

Nobody expects the Duck Inquisition!
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 18:06:22 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Additionally I have entirely removed the Pigwhippers who are sadly nothing more than 'Deleted Users'. They have wiped their existance here for now, so we wave a forlorn goodbye to:

LifeIsStrange
    MightyPirate (again)
    PinkyFloyd
    the_dudefather
    whatfruitlivesagain

May they spread their wings and fly to ponds new.
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 18:09:53 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    These players have not posted on ANY thread since before 2020 began, so may not be participating. They will be kept in for now, but I suspect they are not involved:

Bowak29
    elephantjuice
    SambaApe
    samharper
    THFourteen
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 18:13:34 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    A few Pigwhippers are keeping their cards close to their chests. No completed games (apparently)
    this year's challenge, but you haven't mentioned actively playing a game in your recent comments.
    Cappy
    gordon_woodbine
    mangojoe
    RunningMan
    Technoishmatt
    Trafford

You are all in still, but I have my beady eye on you. 😉
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 18:47:19 58 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    And finally, it is only right and proper that I list the HEROES. Those upstanding folks who still understand the need for restraint and self-control in these trying times:

Ceelion
    Chug666
    CowsMakeNoise
    crashVoodoo
    DangerousDave_87
    DMJ
    ghearoid
    Gl3n
    Jono62
    LoneWolf80
    MiniSchnauz
    monkman76
    Nazo
    Red_Bool
    Rivuzu
    Rodderz
    Samildanach
    spookyxelectric
    Switch024
    Vortex808

You are the last bastion against madness. Stay strong, you have the Power!

(Apologies if I missed anyone off this 'completed at least one game list')
  • crashVoodoo 16 Apr 2020 18:50:56 6,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Elementary my dear Duckson
  • Phattso 16 Apr 2020 19:14:25 25,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's a beaky stat-gasm!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.