Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    It's a beaky stat-gasm!
    He's gone completely insane with power.
  • Rodderz 16 Apr 2020 19:43:42 4,339 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Haven't been in here for a while. I've still to finish Pillars of Eternity 2 which has kept me busy since the end of January and I've mostly enjoyed it, apart from those bloody endless load screens that also littered its predecessor. Thankfully, I'm not far from the end in that now.

I'm currently having a welcome break from Pillars 2 courtesy of the newly released 🦆Final Fantasy 7 Remake, so please add that as my third game Mr. Duck!
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 21:07:30 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Now, in my spare ducky time I have been doing a bit of detective work on all Pigwhippers who haven't completed any games in this challenge. There is a lot of you who are either completely unaware that you are in the challenge, or are wilfully CHEATING with full knowledge. By reading a few of your recent comments on other threads you can't help yourselves in telling the world what you are playing, so without further ado here is the:

List of BUSTED Pigwhippers:

CrispyXUKTurbo- Link's Awakening
    Derblington - Journey to the Savage planet
    Devilligan- Animal Crossing
    Dominalien- REVII
    Flying_Pig- Luigi's Mansion 3
    ZuluHero- RE3
    Carlo- Half Life Alyx
    DakeyrasUK - FFVII Remake and Animal Crossing
    Dombat - Death Stranding Witcher 3 and AC
    HarryPalmer - Detention
    HelloNo- The Division 2
    Huggybear- Animal Crossing
    Humperfunk - FFVIIR
    Graxlar_v3 - FFVIIR + ACrossing
    Malek86 - LOS2
    Mola_Ram- Lots of games!
    robthehermit - Ori and the Blind Forest
    RyanDS - Persona 5 Royal
    simpleexplodingmaybe Megadrive Collection
    Spectral - FF6 and Control
    splosh- over in the 52 games/52 weeks thread
    StixxUK - Ori and the Blind Forest
    Toaster05 - Animal Crossing
    TommyUnderwear - Apex Legends
    UncleLou- Mount and Blade 2
    vyseofhr - Two Point hospital
    Zomoniac - Animal Crossing

Obviously the games mentioned are what you have recently said you were playing.

Now it may well be that you are still in the runnings as you have been keeping within the three slots and just forgot to update the thread, so you have till my next update before you get a poop emoji and your challenge is over. I suspect, however, most of you are completely unaware of being in the challenge and are buying games willy nilly like crazies again.

Nobody expects the Duck Inquisition!
    Bah! New page.
    Repeated on next page for posterity as these challengers have a last chance to save themselves abject failure.
  • Nazo 16 Apr 2020 21:24:41 1,495 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Full disclosure: I started Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch. Just for lockdown exercise purposes though, definitely not for fun.
  • DuckBreaker 16 Apr 2020 21:48:01 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Full disclosure: I started Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch. Just for lockdown exercise purposes though, definitely not for fun.
    I can overlook Ring Fit Adventure as it is actually good for your health.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 21:49:00 16-04-2020
  • crashVoodoo 24 Apr 2020 21:06:59 6,806 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Oxenfree done. Not often unplayed a game on mobile through to completion. It's very short (just over 3 hours) which helps with all the walking talking but being able to jump in and out was good.
  • Samildanach 24 Apr 2020 23:03:46 484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @crashVoodoo
    I have come to the realisation that, for me, mobile games are a waste of my money. I have finished few of those that I have bought over the years, whereas I can count on two hands the number of non-mobile games I have bought/received as a gift over 30 years of gaming that I have not seen to completion. For some reason, the mobile format just lessens everything, I guess a small screen kills the immersion and my lack of gaming time means a full fat console/tv experience is where I turn each time.
  • Samildanach 25 Apr 2020 00:44:46 484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    A particularly big duck down at last:
    Dragon Age inquisition completed including all 10 high dragons. I will soldier on with the DLCs as they sound pretty decent while also trying to see off Astebreed too. The delight of two free slots will soon be mine!
  • dominalien 25 Apr 2020 09:37:41 10,068 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Death Stranding done, I thought I'd never see the day.

It seems only fair to add Indivisible to my list, the game that got bumped off when the slot number got reduced with the new year.
  • crashVoodoo 25 Apr 2020 11:25:39 6,806 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Samildanach I don't spend my own money on mobile games but I'm happy to push the Google rewards back into it. After buying some monkey balloon game for the kids I had enough left over for Oxenfree. It had good reviews and decided to plump for it. I enjoyed it and it left me right at the beginning to continue timeline but I can't see me playing it again.

I might go back and finish Zelda off, I was on the last run towards the castle stuck in a chamber with one of those lion centaur things (can't remember name).
  • Cappy 25 Apr 2020 18:17:07 14,252 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Oh, all seeing duck. It has been months since my last confession.

I've struggled with temptation and sin, but when those AAA slatterns flashed their sinful charms in my face I resisted, remained pure.

My conquests thus far:

Rise of the Tomb Raider (PS4) (Kind of meh, but acceptable)
    Bothers: A Tale of Two Sons (PS4)
    The First Tree (PS4)
    The Last Guardian (PS4) (A bit disappointing but worthwhile)
    Rime (PS4)
    The Girl and the Robot (PS4)

And...

Um...

Gal Gun: Double Peace (PS4) (Don't judge me....)
  • DuckBreaker 25 Apr 2020 23:10:40 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @Cappy
    Judgement is reserved only for those who fail the challenge my dear Cappy. You have remained pure so we shall not judge you and your filthy secret gaming habits 😉.
  • dmj 27 Apr 2020 08:14:15 1,035 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yakuza 0 is done. Very much enjoyed it, but Iíll wait a while before picking up Yakuza Kiwami. You can have too much of a good thing.

Please add Dragon Quest XI (Switch). My decision to play shorter games this year is going well...
  • crashVoodoo 27 Apr 2020 18:31:31 6,806 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I've picked up Subnautica. Looks quite relaxing.
  • Phattso 27 Apr 2020 19:02:33 26,179 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    HAHAHAHHAHAAAA! Relaxing?! HAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAAAAA!

I loved it. :)
  • Red_Bool 30 Apr 2020 14:15:16 2,090 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    All bases loaded now. Please add Flashback as my 3rd game. Couldn't resist this nostalgia trip at the current eshop deal (actually free because I had some gold coins). Plus I needed something short to mix up Skyrim and DoS2...
  • Switch-v85 30 Apr 2020 14:20:08 4,203 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Please add Streets of Rage 4 to my list. Thanks.
  • DuckBreaker 2 May 2020 17:05:09 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I probably will be doing an update later tonight, so if you have any additions or subtraction to make, let me know.

Oh, and all the dead weight will be culled as threatened by me two weeks ago. Prepare yourselves for a massacre, Bwhahaahaahaaaa!

Edited by DuckBreaker at 17:06:55 02-05-2020
  • Jono62 2 May 2020 17:50:47 25,948 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Please add Murder by Numbers please, Mr Duck.
  • ghearoid 2 May 2020 17:52:33 3,641 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm still sticking to the challenge, but nothing to report since playing Animal Crossing New Horizons. I'm getting Xenoblade Chronicles DE at the end of the month so that'll be some new excitement!
  • THFourteen 2 May 2020 17:54:52 53,839 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heh so I failed this miserably this year. I mean I wasn't really trying, but bought all sorts of games and signed up for Game Pass unlimited on PC so failed without even trying.
  • DuckBreaker 2 May 2020 18:33:31 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @THFourteen
    Yeah, heh, I have you on my execution list! To be fair, game pass alone doesn't disqualify, it only counts if you start playing the game for more than a cursory 2hrs. But your game buying profligacy does bring you a dishonourable discharge.
  • DuckBreaker 2 May 2020 18:34:59 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    A note on the two free games on PS4
    (Uncharted Collection and Journey). As usual with free games and compilations, they only count once you start playing them for more than a brief trial. But you all knew that of course.
  • Rodderz 2 May 2020 19:44:23 4,339 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    I probably will be doing an update later tonight, so if you have any additions or subtraction to make, let me know.
    I've completed 🎯Final Fantasy 7 Remake, before you got round to add it to my playing list 😁. I have hoovered up some additional trophies and might do a few additional ones, but it's otherwise done.
  • Samildanach 2 May 2020 20:01:55 484 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Astebreed can come off as I have spent about 11 hours on it (about 30mins per playthrough) and got the 1cc on normal. There are four trophies that elude me. Two are definitely above my skill level while another means relearning the game with completely shit controls. Bollocks to that. The final (1cc normal with less than 50,000 dmg) is just possible for me, so I might give it one last bash. But yeah. Done for pigwhip.
    Dragon Age Inquisition would be normally done but due to my previous malfeasance with Lords of the Fallen, I am challenged to beat all High Dragons (done) AND all dlc (yet to start).
    AC Unity yet to start, but I shall replace Astebreed with Bloodborne as it is about time I started this apparent Masterpiece.
  • DuckBreaker 2 May 2020 22:06:10 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Right. Big update done.

There are now only 30 Pigwhippers in the race. Hold strong to the gleaming spire of aspiration that we all strive to.
    Or something.
  • DuckBreaker 2 May 2020 22:08:34 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    @dominalien

Now Dominalien. Am I right that you have been playing Final Fantasy VII Remake too. That would be FOUR slots filled? Or have you completed one of your others?
    Your pigwhip 2020 life hangs by a thread!
  • dominalien 3 May 2020 00:18:42 10,068 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sorry, just noticed myself on the list of evildoers.

REVII was started way back when it came out, abandoned a couple of hours in like Iím wont to do.

I have only played the FFVII demo, not the actual game.

Iíve only been playing Indivisible and Deadly Premonition on PS3 lately, with the latter also a game I started a number of years ago.

I almost failed the challenge a few times already, with my finger hovering over the buy button for RE3, FFVII AND disaster Report 4. So far, Iíve managed to resist.

Do what you will with me.
  • DuckBreaker 3 May 2020 01:09:47 142 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    The Evildoers have already been terminated. I assumed your innocence due to the goodness of my ducky heart and rescued you from the knackers yard. Dominalien is still in the Pwyggwyp race, rejoice!
  • Red_Bool 3 May 2020 22:13:15 2,090 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well, that was indeed a short game. Please add 🎯 Flashback as completed! Pure nostalgia, still holding up pretty well after 30 years (god I'm old...). It took a while to get a hang of the methodical way of controlling Conrad, but after that I thoroughly enjoyed this.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.