Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 20

• crashVoodoo 6 May 2020 01:08:30 6,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    started playing rime tonight to see if its any good since i've had it for ages as a freebie on EGS. anyways, i quite like it so far and 2 hours has just flown by so guess this takes a slot now.

don't know how far in I am story wise, but i'm in a (second?) area with some winged fuck and making my way to a 3rd windmill.
  • spookyxelectric 6 May 2020 02:18:32 37 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I got up to two episodes of Life is Strange 2, then I bought Final Fantasy VII Remake, which hoovered up all of my time. What a game!
  • Phattso 6 May 2020 12:25:11 25,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I think I was done in 5-6hrs with that one. It doesn't outstay its welcome.
  • crashVoodoo 6 May 2020 13:26:03 6,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Phattso thanks, i reckon i might be done with this quite quickly then and back to subnautica. interesting little palette cleanser from the other stuff i've been running through
  • Chug666 7 May 2020 22:43:44 686 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Could you add Galak Z for me please Ducky?
  • dominalien 8 May 2020 20:08:53 9,536 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Indivisible is done! That took a lot longer than I expected, I never thought it'd be a 50 hour game!
  • Graxlar_v3 8 May 2020 22:50:11 9,902 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Indivisible is done! That took a lot longer than I expected, I never thought it'd be a 50 hour game!
    50 hours? I think I clocked in about 20-25
  • dominalien 9 May 2020 07:18:31 9,536 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, apparently I spent 25 hours trying to get into places I couldnít.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 May 2020 12:34:42 9,902 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @dominalien that and it looks like you did more than me. I didnít bother with the character stories as I was never flagged that they were a thing and I didnít get the fourth defense upgrade (got everything else).
  • Phattso 9 May 2020 13:31:01 25,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    With these revelations Iím wondering if Grax has even finished the game at all?! Shame him! Shun him!
  • Vortex808 9 May 2020 13:40:02 13,751 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have 'finished' borderlands 3. Not aiming to play dlc until it is on sale. Main campaign is done plus finished the zero, sir hammerlock & eridian proving ground missions.

I hope our beaky overlord will approve the remoof it from my games.

I am enjoying call of doody warzone a lot. It has had many hours of play during lockdown. I only started playing it since our lad asked me to, but more often than not, he's more keen in squadding with his mates instead or on 6 siege with them. Sigh. 🙁

I could join them, but didn't want to cramp their style, or have to listen to their jabbering on either! 😃
  • Graxlar_v3 9 May 2020 19:58:27 9,902 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    With these revelations Iím wondering if Grax has even finished the game at all?! Shame him! Shun him!
    Ha! I definitely finished it. As I said in my finished game post, the end boss was really well done and a nice change of pace from what I have had recently.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 May 2020 19:59:26 9,902 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also I am not even part of this thread anymore... how did I even find my way here.
  • DuckBreaker 9 May 2020 20:29:34 58 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Also I am not even part of this thread anymore... how did I even find my way here.
    It is your conscience trying to tell something...

Update done for the goodly 30. Don't let the above ne'er-do-well stray you from the path of righteousness! 😉
  • spookyxelectric 10 May 2020 04:32:19 37 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Quick correction, I finished FFVIIR. Time to get back to Life is Strange 2.

Though I also bought Guacamelee 2 since it was on sale. 👀
  • dominalien 10 May 2020 06:17:39 9,536 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh please Mr Breaker, remove a duck of mine, I canít fill a slot that I donít have.
  • Saul_Iscariot 10 May 2020 06:20:47 3,649 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @dominalien But both your games should count as 1.5 due to the length it could take to complete them.
  • THFourteen 10 May 2020 09:57:41 53,476 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Someone talk me out of buying the Sierra Humble Bundle please. So many childhood memories.
  • crashVoodoo 10 May 2020 12:10:37 6,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Someone talk me out of buying the Sierra Humble Bundle please. So many childhood memories.
    Leave them as memories. They'll not be as good as you fondly remember.

Good enough?
  • Graxlar_v3 10 May 2020 12:40:29 9,902 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    You should buy it.
  • DuckBreaker 10 May 2020 13:45:45 58 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Mini update done.
  • dominalien 10 May 2020 18:32:52 9,536 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Saul_Iscariot DAI perhaps, but Xenosaga is supposed to be fairly short, by JRPG standards. In any case DuckBreaker heard my plea and I now have a slot free.
  • Samildanach 11 May 2020 02:00:37 279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @dominalien
    DAI feels like it should be three sodding slots long. It has been one of my damn ducks since well back in 2019. Almost there now and I am actually quite enjoying The Descent dlc; it feels more like DAOrigins in a way.
  • Rodderz 17 May 2020 14:57:28 4,039 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    🎯 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire has been completed, at long last! Tbh, I found this a bit of a slog at times, even though I like the characters, the Rtwp combat and overall lore.

I loved PoE1 and expanding the world in 2 by allowing you sail around the Deadfire archipelago wasn't a terrible idea in itself, were it not for the frankly awful load times practically everywhere and so many game crashes I lost count. This is horribly unoptimised for console and way worse technically than PoE1 ever was. If Obsidian make a PoE3 they need to use that MS cash and ditch their use of the Unity Engine for these games.
  • Samildanach 18 May 2020 09:06:04 279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dragon Age Trespasser completed and hence the entirety of DA Inquisition finally done at long, long last. Descent and Trespasser were worth the long slog as, despite 120hrs of the samey combat by that point, they both kept my interest higher than most of the main game.

By Andraste's tits O DuckBreaker, strike it from my slots at last!
  • Nazo 18 May 2020 09:12:39 1,303 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Add Nier: Automata to my list please.
    I haven't started it yet but had a discount voucher about to expire so made an advance purchase. I'm nearly done with P5:S anyway so hopefully that slot will be freed up soon enough.
  • Samildanach 18 May 2020 09:54:58 279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This challenge has helpfully prevented three unnecessary impulse buys in the recent 2-3 weeks. All three popped up in good psn sales and normally I would have pulled the trigger, but because it would lose me the challenge I held off my itchy trigger finger.
    FFXV almost got me (with the excitement of FFVIIR release), but after realising that it was a little too similar in problems with DAI, I managed to put it on the back burner for now.
    Salt and Sanctuary came on a rare sale and so almost got bought until I watched a few videos of it and came to the conclusion that it looked too consistently dreary.
    Life is Strange is on for something like £2.75; crazy bargain, how could I not? So, downloaded free first episode and realised by 20 mins that it was really not for me. I need the adrenaline of shmups or the terror of Dark Souls-like, not a slow plod. Sorry LiS fans, it's not you, it's me.
  • naan 18 May 2020 11:11:11 1 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Your article content is being very much interested, I am very impressed with your post. I hope to receive more great posts. powerline io
  • Samildanach 19 May 2020 22:24:07 279 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    While I'm delving into the depths of Bloodborne, I better have something on the side otherwise the wife will kill me with my unpausable games.

It's got to be Thunder Force III. I failed miserably at achieving the 1cc for TFII (to be fair the last level is poorly designed imo), but I may have a shot at this one as I think I managed it like 20 years ago. Is the old boy still up for it?
    I might as well include TF AC and Thunderspirits into this as they are all variations of the same game. I've got to get this done before Darius Cosmic collection PS4 drops on my mat probably in June. The pressure is on...

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.