Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 21

Next Last
  • dominalien 22 May 2020 12:20:52 9,536 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I have resisted at least 5 purchases this year due to this challenge, it's so good for me! :-) I'm trying to get through 3 more games before I get something new, notwithstanding my one free slot.

Xenosaga is progressing nicely, though it looks like it'll be longer than I anticipated. Howlongtobeat says 40+ for a completionist playthrough, I have 40 hours on the clock and only have just started the 2nd DVD, I have no idea how much more there is. I love this game so much. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the plot, but it's just so much fun with the little conversations and quests (that you have to remember, no autolog here) and the camera moves so, so beautifully.

Edited by dominalien at 12:21:15 22-05-2020
  • DuckBreaker 22 May 2020 14:01:32 58 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Duckdate done.

Three weeks since the last challenger crashed and burned. The weak of heart are the first to fall in battle. Now the grizzled veterans remain, stoically holding the shield wall against the hordes of game buying excess.
  • dominalien 23 May 2020 15:10:47 9,536 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I can now play Half-Life: Alyx on my new PC and I have, so please add Half-Life: Alyx to my list, oh DuckBreaker Sir please.
  • Cappy 23 May 2020 16:19:34 14,192 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    Xenosaga is progressing nicely, though it looks like it'll be longer than I anticipated. Howlongtobeat says 40+ for a completionist playthrough, I have 40 hours on the clock and only have just started the 2nd DVD, I have no idea how much more there is. I love this game so much. I have absolutely no idea what's going on with the plot, but it's just so much fun with the little conversations and quests (that you have to remember, no autolog here) and the camera moves so, so beautifully.
    I had the impression that it was much longer than that. I'd be interested in how they gather data, if it's self reporting especially for older games, people could be providing second playthrough times.
  • dominalien 23 May 2020 20:03:12 9,536 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The previous two Xenosagas were 30-40 hours IIRC, so I was expecting roughly the same from this one. I'm not complaining in any case.
  • crashVoodoo 26 May 2020 16:20:00 6,656 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Forgot to update this thread. I completed rime, it's short but what started as a charming puzzler to run around, eventually became a bit of a boring slog.

I actually hate the games that dynamically loop you back on yourself or have you running one way endlessly until you realise that the way forward is room you just came from which has now turned into something else. Fuck that.

Anyways, check that off and I'm now playing far cry 5. Picked it and all its dlc up for 8 from epic store.

I think I'm close on Subnautica but I fancied a bit of FPS action where I can actually shoot something dead

Edited by crashVoodoo at 16:22:13 26-05-2020
  • ghearoid 29 May 2020 13:42:47 3,524 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Update!

Please add Xenoblade Chronicles DE to my list.
  • Switch024 29 May 2020 15:25:37 3,616 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Time to bow out for another year. Picked up Xenoblade for the Switch which puts me on 4 games. 3 years of failure. Maybe next year!
  • DuckBreaker 29 May 2020 17:54:12 58 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Switch024 wrote:
    Time to bow out for another year. Picked up Xenoblade for the Switch which puts me on 4 games. 3 years of failure. Maybe next year!
    4th time's a charm perhaps?

Update done. 29 Pigwhippers still in the race.and we are not quite half way through the year.... will any survive to the finish line?
  • Phattso 29 May 2020 17:59:02 25,197 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Spoiler: no! 😂
  • DuckBreaker 29 May 2020 23:40:53 58 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Spoiler: no! 😂
    I've got 8 on my radar who are likely completely unaware they are in the challenge... they will be culled in good time if there is no action from them...
    That leaves 21 for the remaining 7 months. There is a hardcore here who have the goodly mental discipline and can make it, so assuming a few more losses, I reckon 15 survivors by the end.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 23:41:10 29-05-2020
  • DuckBreaker 30 May 2020 00:40:54 58 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Ceelion
    I have spotted a new ne'e do well: Pigwhipper Ceelion of newest purchase 2 weeks ago 'Animal Crossing' (bundled with Switch), you do have a free slots, but are you still in the race?
    None can escape the Duckish Inquisition!
  • DuckBreaker 30 May 2020 00:56:22 58 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @LoneWolf80
    Pigwhipper LoneWolf80... your Kai powers have deserted you perhaps. Did not Final Fantasy VII REMAKE drop onto your doormat a couple of weeks ago? You have a free slots, so the Duck may be merciful as yet.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.