Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 22

• Jono62 3 Jun 2020 21:15:40 25,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DuckBreaker It does Sir Breaker, when KK comes to town.
  • Ceelion 4 Jun 2020 10:47:20 552 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DuckBreaker

Funny you should say that. I had the one and only KK Slider play a concert on my island this morning and the credits rolled. Iíve put 46 hours in, but Iím not going to stop.

However, I could totally use the spot with something else so letís call it done, but like Rocket League itíll get a good olí playing with.
  • Phattso 4 Jun 2020 10:54:03 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    600+ Turnip price, town trashed, or GTFO. ;)
  • Ceelion 4 Jun 2020 12:14:51 552 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Phattso Iíve got 216 and a campsite. Take it or leave it.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Jun 2020 15:47:43 6,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Can you add ghost recon breakpoint to my list puhleaze.

Immersion mode + minimal HUD ftw.

Love the fact that a headshot is a fucking headshot.
  • Chug666 5 Jun 2020 10:43:09 702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wreckfest is done, all championships complete, please chalk it off Mr Duck. Enjoyable and quite silly.

Ahh, the luxury of a free slot!
  • Jono62 8 Jun 2020 17:47:10 25,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Please take Murder by Numbers off my list please? Really enjoyed it.
  • DuckBreaker 8 Jun 2020 19:34:42 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Updrake has landed!

Only halfway through the year and I am running low on duck related puns..... or am I???
  • DuckBreaker 8 Jun 2020 19:44:41 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Being the cruel bastard that I am, the following will be culled soon:

Technoishmatt
    SambaApe
    Bowak29†
    mangojoe
    RunningMan
    gordon_woodbine
    elephantjuice
    samharper

Why crush the hopes of these possible innocents? Well, they were all copy pasted from last year's challenge at the start of this one, and without a single post from them in this challenge (or in some cases, in any thread) I deem them unworthy of sleep walking their way to the coverted 2020 trophy at the end of the year. We don't want to devalue the hard, honest work of the true challengers. So they have until the next update to protest before they are squashed by the Giant Webbed Foot of Doom!
  • crashVoodoo 8 Jun 2020 21:50:01 6,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Technoishmatt is around as he posted an article in the trump thread.
  • Technoishmatt 8 Jun 2020 22:01:38 4,130 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok thanks for the buzz :)

I think the only major game I have bought is Ghost Recon Breakpoint. I have hit max XP level playing the PvP, and racked up about 60 hours. I have gone back to playing its predecessor, Wildlands.

I installed a chess app on my phone and am playing it against a friend in the US. I already own a physical chess set, so I think this one doesnt count?

I bought, played and finished the Da Vinci puzzle games on my phone.

I have installed the free CoD warzone and played it a bunch of times.

I went back to Doom (had for a while) and finished it.

So, I think I am following the rules?

Ooh, I did the free upgrade to xbox game pass for a million years. Havent really played anything, does it count?

Edited by Technoishmatt at 22:02:25 08-06-2020

Edited by Technoishmatt at 23:32:00 08-06-2020
  • DuckBreaker 8 Jun 2020 23:12:25 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Technoishmatt
    Ugh. Now that's a right old info dump.

Fellow Pigwhippers! Court is in session!

The Prosecution states that the failure to update the thread while merrily buying and finishing games is sufficient for abject failure.

The Defence maintains that the three slots limit were adhered to in spirit throughout and hence the defendant should remain.

Let the Pigwhipper Jury decide your fate. Shall we let Technoishmatt off or not?
  • crashVoodoo 9 Jun 2020 01:53:38 6,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Assuming he might not have even realised his enrollment into pigwip20, he's stuck to the rules which is good going to be honest.

I say keep him
  • LoneWolf80 9 Jun 2020 07:29:33 134 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    I am out guys. I had forgot about this thread.
  • Red_Bool 9 Jun 2020 10:33:21 1,972 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Assuming he might not have even realised his enrollment into pigwip20, he's stuck to the rules which is good going to be honest.

I say keep him
    I agree.
  • Technoishmatt 9 Jun 2020 10:44:34 4,130 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I am feeling judged :p
  • Nazo 9 Jun 2020 11:39:33 1,328 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was a poor defence... no mention of the games currently on his list, no information about what the current state should be, poor 'I do this in real life so this game doesn't count' chicanery... I say string 'im up m'lud :p
  • Technoishmatt 9 Jun 2020 12:24:19 4,130 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I probably fail on playing too many different games at the same time...

I have absolutely rinsed TF2, Rainbow Six Siege, Halo 5, and Wildlands, but I will play their multiplayer on and off.

Eg I might want to join Halo Mondays once in a while. If I only have a sec, then TF2 is a good one to jump in to. If I am in mood for tactical but Wildlands servers are down/ low player count I might go back to Siege.
  • Phattso 9 Jun 2020 12:30:49 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The rules make allowances for that though - on the assumption that they're games you've already rinsed, and rinsed hard. It's only new stuff that gets counted.
  • Samildanach 9 Jun 2020 16:46:40 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I've been granted leniency for dodgy behaviour in the past and given that Technoishmatt was unaware of actually being in the challenge and his willingness to take part now, I say the defendant can stay in.
  • DuckBreaker 9 Jun 2020 16:54:01 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Technoishmatt
    There is quite a few jury members concluding you should be deemed innocent. The DuckBreaker personally agrees with Nazo and had its black cloth to put on its head all ready... but the will of the people seems to be swinging in you favour.
    Perhaps if the defendant would consider submitting his official current filled slots for ease of adding to the spreadsheet, then all is forgiven.
    As Phattso said, any game already rinsed that you are still playing doesn't need to be added. Any game either bought, or dug out from backlog and played for more than 2hrs, that also has not yet had good time put in, well that fills a slot. If there are more than three of those, then you are out!
  • Rodderz 12 Jun 2020 21:07:03 4,086 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Updates!

🎯GTA V and 🎯CoD: WWII have been completed.

I've now downloaded and am playing 🦆Star Wars: Battlefront II from this months PS+.

Thanks DuckBreaker and congrats on the PS5 promotion gig: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaQvgX8WkAEruYr?format=png&name=small

😉
  • Technoishmatt 13 Jun 2020 00:56:05 4,130 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think I then only have the latest CoD on my list!!

As soon as the XsX hits I may go a bit crazy, so probably a good thing I am getting back onto the program. I used to buy so many games in the sales. Never played any of them. The program cured me.
  • dmj 13 Jun 2020 07:54:28 1,021 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Animal Crossing is now Ďcompleteí, thanks to a funky dog playing a funky concert, so that can come off the list. Iíll still be playing but finally started feeling a bit burnt out on it this week (cheers, lockdown!). Credits appeared at just the right time, I think.

Hopefully the Persona 4 Golden PC release happens today. Thatíll be next up (assuming the price isnít outrageous).

Edited by dmj at 07:55:57 13-06-2020
  • damagedinc 13 Jun 2020 13:42:31 2,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think I need to get involved in this thread. My backlog is causing me anxiety
  • DuckBreaker 13 Jun 2020 14:52:44 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Think I need to get involved in this thread. My backlog is causing me anxiety
    Welcome to the PWYGGWYP (Pigwhip) thread damagedinc. I am the DuckBreaker, evil overlord of this corner of the forum. The rules are laid out on page 1, all you need to do to begin is quote what games are currently in your three slots. You do not need to fill them all if you have only one or two on the go, indeed it is wise to keep one open for a moment of weakness in a sale for example.
    Once you let me know I will add your name and games to the spreadsheet at the next update. How long can you last? Many have failed so far...

Edited by DuckBreaker at 14:53:19 13-06-2020
  • damagedinc 13 Jun 2020 15:06:36 2,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slot 1: Bayonetta Switch
    Slot 2 fallen Order
    Slot 3: blank for now

I've put 100 hours into animal crossing. Can I still dip into that? Along with dirt 2.0? Looking at the rules that seems ok as I've rinsed them within and inch of their lives.
  • DuckBreaker 13 Jun 2020 15:16:00 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Slot 1: Bayonetta Switch
    Slot 2 fallen Order
    Slot 3: blank for now

I've put 100 hours into animal crossing. Can I still dip into that? Along with dirt 2.0? Looking at the rules that seems ok as I've rinsed them within and inch of their lives.
    Games you have previously rinsed don't count, even if you are coming back to them years later. The occasion when they DO count would be if you buy a NEW version of them, eg a remaster or a port to a different console/system.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.