• damagedinc 13 Jun 2020 15:20:24 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:
    Slot 1: Bayonetta Switch
    Slot 2 fallen Order
    Slot 3: blank for now

I've put 100 hours into animal crossing. Can I still dip into that? Along with dirt 2.0? Looking at the rules that seems ok as I've rinsed them within and inch of their lives.
    Games you have previously rinsed don't count, even if you are coming back to them years later. The occasion when they DO count would be if you buy a NEW version of them, eg a remaster or a port to a different console/system.
    Wonderful then. I'm in.

I feel better already
  • crashVoodoo 13 Jun 2020 17:57:53 6,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    This fucking EGS sale needs to piss off with its £10 off coupons, far cry 5 for £8, completed then ghost recon breakpoint for £17 which I'm playing through but it doesn't run too well on the laptop (not enought vram) so Wildlands for a tenner to satiate my GR fix while watching tv was a moment of weakness

I fear I may not be long for this thread 😔 with 3 big open worlders

Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:59:33 13-06-2020
  • Nazo 14 Jun 2020 14:40:14 1,328 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Persona 5 Scramble: the Phantom Strikers is done and can come off the list. There's still a couple of optional boss fights I might go back and clean up at some point but after 80 hours I think I'll take a break first.
  • damagedinc 14 Jun 2020 14:52:36 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So if you buy a game but dont play it. Is this counting as a slot?
  • crashVoodoo 14 Jun 2020 15:04:01 6,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    The rules on page 1 state : ALL newly purchased games, backlog games, dlc, expansions, season passes etc. count. It doesn't matter whether it's a new game or an old game, gamepass, game compilation, humble bundle or whatever else.
  • damagedinc 14 Jun 2020 15:14:35 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yup with you. Missed that bit..shit that's hard haha! Keeping slot 3 well and truly open
  • Saul_Iscariot 14 Jun 2020 23:11:12 3,716 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Donít preorder Dreams on the PS4 whilst drinking and forget that you ordered it is a definite no no.
  • Rodderz 15 Jun 2020 20:15:02 4,086 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    Updates!

🎯GTA V and 🎯CoD: WWII have been completed.

I've now downloaded and am playing 🦆Star Wars: Battlefront II from this months PS+.

Thanks DuckBreaker and congrats on the PS5 promotion gig: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EaQvgX8WkAEruYr?format=png&name=small

😉
    🎯Star Wars: Battlefront 2 singleplayer campaign + the story dlc completed. I'm down to the full 3 free slots now so going to have a look at the backlog/sales and see if there's anything that interests me.
  • dmj 15 Jun 2020 20:52:44 1,021 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Picked up Persona 4 Golden yesterday, so that's my third slot taken again.

Purely hypothetically, where do we stand on the itchi.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality? 1704 games for £3.49 or something. But all for a good cause!

Will we fail the challenge for doing a Good Thing?

Edited by dmj at 20:52:52 15-06-2020
  • damagedinc 15 Jun 2020 21:47:10 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There any good news stories about people using this thread? I really think this will go along way to curbing my backlog anxiety.
  • Phattso 15 Jun 2020 21:48:18 25,306 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    dmj wrote:Purely hypothetically, where do we stand on the itchi.io Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality? 1704 games for £3.49 or something. But all for a good cause!

Will we fail the challenge for doing a Good Thing?
    Not at all. Feel free to directly donate your cash to the good cause.

Edited by Phattso at 21:48:34 15-06-2020
  • dmj 15 Jun 2020 21:55:45 1,021 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I assumed that would be the case (should probably have put a winky face or something at the end of my post).

But you can never tell with the Duck. Heís just so mean!
  • Rodderz 15 Jun 2020 22:10:31 4,086 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    OK, I've just purchased 🦆Resident Evil 7: Biohazard Gold Edition for 13.99 from the latest PS sale. Plus I'm adding 🦆Assassins Creed: Oranges from the backlog. I've read lots of good things about this AC in the forums recently.

I'm rather looking forward to experiencing RE7 for the first time as, like above, I've also read good things about it here. Seeing the RE8 reveal during the PS5 showcase event also had me eager for some RE goodness and I need to get acquainted with the new protagonist from 7 anyway, as he's going to be in 8 too.
  • Saul_Iscariot 15 Jun 2020 22:12:30 3,716 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Donít forget the vitamin C DLC for AC. ;)
  • DuckBreaker 15 Jun 2020 22:26:47 76 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    dmj wrote:
    I assumed that would be the case (should probably have put a winky face or something at the end of my post).

Good causes like that are definitely okay. Obviously any game from that collection that you start playing for more than a quick test would then go in a slot. I'm really not that mean, though I am fowl.
  • Rodderz 15 Jun 2020 22:30:28 4,086 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Saul_Iscariot wrote:
    Donít forget the vitamin C DLC for AC. ;)
    😁 Heh, indeed Saul. Gotta keep up the tradition of citrus based puns here on EG!
  • DuckBreaker 15 Jun 2020 22:37:06 76 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    There any good news stories about people using this thread? I really think this will go along way to curbing my backlog anxiety.
    This thread is exactly what you need. The buying of the new shiny has to end! You have all you need already and since games are all digitally available, very very few will disappear and become unable to buy at a later date (only possibly the licenced stuff).
    Now the backlog you already have... just focus on the games you are playing now and have an idea on which you fancy next.. and that's it! Put the rest from your mind for now, don't make any long list of what you have or spend time looking through them all. So sayeth the Duck. Breaker of bad habits.
  • Phattso 15 Jun 2020 22:40:30 25,306 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    dmj wrote:

I was the one being mean. Iím suggesting you can just donate directly to a charity without CRASHING AND BURNING out of the challenge with 1700 games you donít need. :)
  • dmj 15 Jun 2020 22:44:19 1,021 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Phattso wrote:I was the one being mean. Iím suggesting you can just donate directly to a charity without CRASHING AND BURNING out of the challenge with 1700 games you donít need. :)
    Ah, but this way I can donate and test my resolve. When (if?) Iím not found wanting, Iíll be a Better Person/masochist.
  • DuckBreaker 15 Jun 2020 23:14:06 76 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    dmj wrote:
    Phattso wrote:I was the one being mean. Iím suggesting you can just donate directly to a charity without CRASHING AND BURNING out of the challenge with 1700 games you donít need. :)
    Ah, but this way I can donate and test my resolve. When (if?) Iím not found wanting, Iíll be a Better Person/masochist.
    I must be going soft because of good causes. Phatto's answer is the correct one of course.

Updated anyway. damagedinc, you are now officially included, the dead weight I mentioned last week have been excised.
  • ghearoid 16 Jun 2020 17:03:43 3,574 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    🎯 Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition NSW has been completed! \o/

Still trucking with Animal Crossing New Horizons. At what stage is that considered "complete"? I've somehow managed to sink hundreds of hours already so I've definitely had my money's worth.
  • ghearoid 16 Jun 2020 17:05:42 3,574 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Oh, I forgot that I haven't finished Dragon Quest XI (very near the end but dropped temporarily to play Xenoblade) so I have two games on the go, Animal Crossing New Horizons and Dragon Quest XI.
  • PazJohnMitch 16 Jun 2020 18:13:29 15,801 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Impressive work finishing XC already!

I am 80 hours in.
  • Samildanach 16 Jun 2020 19:52:02 311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ghearoid wrote:
    🎯 Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition NSW has been completed! \o/

Still trucking with Animal Crossing New Horizons. At what stage is that considered "complete"? I've somehow managed to sink hundreds of hours already so I've definitely had my money's worth.
    Apparently when some dog creature visits and plays a concert, the credits roll. Good place to consider done I would say.
  • damagedinc 16 Jun 2020 21:03:04 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ahhh do I fill my last slot with the last of us. I'm panicking haha
  • DuckBreaker 16 Jun 2020 21:57:03 76 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @damagedinc
    The new one? Have you run out of games to play? Is it only available for one week? It's time to curb those game buying excesses starting today. The Last of Us 2 will wait. Maybe cheaper and patched of bugs at a later date like all new games.
  • damagedinc 16 Jun 2020 22:07:13 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, ok I'm doing it...balls deep commitment. I will resist the new shiny.

Thanks duckbreaker

Edited by damagedinc at 22:14:37 16-06-2020
  • Samildanach 17 Jun 2020 01:11:37 311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Credits rolled on Assassin's Creed Unity after a bit of a unexciting ending. The final mission was quite difficult and the last boss was fun, but the story didn't seem to be building to a massive climax. Instead it was a case of just going to get the rather dull villain in his castle. Baddy dead, The end. I'll still do the bigger sidequests but bollocks to getting all the chests/collectibles.
    In replacement of that I bought Uncharted 4 in the last day or so of its sale. Please replace AC Unity with Uncharted 4 Oh Great Leader!
  • Red_Bool 17 Jun 2020 06:55:51 1,972 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    🎯 Resident Evil 4 (Switch)
    Never finished it on the Gamecube, so I'm also seeing this as an act of atonement :) For the life of me I can't understand (or remember) why I didn't finish this on the Gamecube. Even 15 years later this is still one of the best games I've ever played.
  • damagedinc 17 Jun 2020 14:04:52 2,843 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bayonetta switch complete. Havent played it since the 360. Such a good game. Will wait a little bit before I play the 2nd.

Up next

Cuphead in please ducky

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.