Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 24

• Chug666 17 Jun 2020 21:36:20 702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Could you add Days Gone please, I picked it up in the sale. Quite looking forward to some generic zombie slaughter!
  • damagedinc 19 Jun 2020 13:41:32 2,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So I am trusting the process. I am sticking with fallen order and not getting last of us 2. This is a BIG step for me
  • Ceelion 19 Jun 2020 13:48:30 552 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So I’ve started playing COD Warzone.
    I spent money on it (battle pass), so I guess it goes on the list. Completion will be when I hit level 100.

Already won 6 games, so that doesn’t count.
  • Phattso 19 Jun 2020 14:53:26 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It should already have been on the list! Money isn’t the key; “obtaining” the game is what counts. Gift. Freebie. F2P. Once you’d done two hours, it was in!
  • Samildanach 19 Jun 2020 17:59:48 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Samildanach 19 Jun 2020 18:00:41 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    So I am trusting the process. I am sticking with fallen order and not getting last of us 2. This is a BIG step for me
    I managed to get out of the habit of buying games as they came out a few years back and it has been great. My backlog of games I have bought doesn't go above 20 now (especially thanks to this thread), but I do find it difficult to get below 10 games in the library (damn sales).
    This may be taking it to far but I often look at trailers and re-read reviews before I begin a game, to give me the pretence of release day hype. Also, as DuckBreaker said, you can buy it in fully patched form, with all dlc, at a fraction of the cost. The only time I buy a new game now is the rare occasion some special edition physical release of a retro horizontal shmup goes on sale... for example the Darius Cozmic Collection that should be on its way very soon. Wait too long with those and they quickly sell out and are then a bugger to get hold of at a reasonable price. You may not have such weird niche gaming needs though!
  • DuckBreaker 20 Jun 2020 20:01:24 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    Update done. Updates may not be weekly for the next couple of weeks as the Ducky may be mired in excessive work. I'll be watching though...just in case you thought I was dead or something and go on some game buying spree!
  • DuckBreaker 20 Jun 2020 20:18:50 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Rivuzu
    On that subject, Pigwhipper Rivuzu... are we missing an update from you? Namely Nioh 2?! You do have a slot for it to be fair.
  • Samildanach 20 Jun 2020 21:24:14 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeeeeessss!
    Finally the 1cc for Thunder Force AC achieved, after many, many deaths. Significantly harder than TF3 on normal and a country mile harder than Thunder Spirits with all its slowdown. Great time really getting into these three rather than just credit feeding my way through, as one starts to really get into the enemy and boss placement and how to dodge their attacks. I got the same rush that I get from beating a boss in Dark Souls once I had learnt how to dodge all its moves. Love it.
    Anyway Thunder Force III/AC/Spirits can come off and I'll add Pulstar in its place as it has come up on a vary rare sale on psn. Let's see if I can finish it off before Darius arrives in the post. The pressure is on.
  • Rivuzu 21 Jun 2020 11:27:22 18,381 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DuckBreaker You are indeed, I just haven't been on EG much at all recently.

Nioh 2 can come on and... Off. Yakuza 6 done, as is GBVS.

Since C19 though I've not played much until recently, and the only new addition is Phantasy Star Online 2 which is taking ALL my time. But it's also free to play.

There's just been a massive absence of any new titles I'm interested in. :(
  • ghearoid 22 Jun 2020 09:02:42 3,574 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DuckBreaker

UPDATE!

I have completed Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age Definitive Edition for Nintendo Switch. \o/

I haven't decided what to get next. Maybe Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore or Yoshi's Crafted World.

Why not both? Ah, decisions.. I want to keep a space free for Paper Mario in case it turns out to be good.
  • THFourteen 22 Jun 2020 10:04:34 53,685 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @ghearoid

Nice! I got bored of DQXI just after your party gets dispersed. Not sure I’ll go back to it.
  • ghearoid 22 Jun 2020 10:17:22 3,574 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @THFourteen

That was my favourite part, especially Sylvando's story, I roared with laughter.

But, yeah, it was a bit repetitive (like many S-E games these days!) however there was a lot I enjoyed. So glad to have finally finished it, been playing since January haha.
  • Phattso 22 Jun 2020 10:58:26 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I just plucked DQXI out of my Pile o' Shame over the weekend, funnily enough. Found myself in the dungeon at the end of the Octagonia area. No! Not Vince! How could he set such a bad example to those orphans! ;)

Took me a couple of hours to get back into the swing of it, but I think I might actually press on now. NFI how far into it I am though - can't have much more than 20-30hrs on the clock right about now (hard to tell as some of it was in the demo and the save carried over).

I've never been much for JRPGs, but this one seems to be OK.
  • Samildanach 22 Jun 2020 21:46:37 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Oh dear, the jump from Thunder Force III to Pulstar is a big one. Pulstar is basically a very fancy looking R-Type II and I have just remembered why the R-Type... err..type of games give me a hard time. Die, back to checkpoint. Die again, back to checkpoint...again and again and again. Of course you continue from each increasingly difficult checkpoint with miserable speed, no Force pod and a pea shooter for a gun.
    Is this fun? I'm not really sure. The visuals are nice, especially the weird bosses, but the music so far is not great which is unfortunate. So all in all I am in trouble. What with the awesome Uncharted 4 and Bloodborne tempting me away in my other two slots, as well as the very un-R-Type Darius Collection due to arrive soon, my time in thus challenge is very much numbered I think. But that is what it is all about.... I KNEW Pulstar was like R-Type before I bought it. I've got nobody else to blame except myself.
    In defence of the original R-Type, I think it is a Masterpiece of design and I have had a great time with it in the past, but I have less time and patience now to learn the ins and outs of its sequels and clones. Lucky I backed R-Type Final 2 eh? Twice.
  • Chug666 23 Jun 2020 08:53:18 702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I'll have to accept that I'm stuck with two slots for the rest of the year because it's increasingly obvious I will never, ever finish Galak-Z.

Would love it to be the fault of the game but I'm just really bad at it.
  • Phattso 23 Jun 2020 09:15:23 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You could throw yourself on the mercy of the thread - suffer an OUTRAGEOUS forfeit, but get to take Galak-Z off there...

...I'm thinking running naked through Parliament, but I'm willing to be flexible.
  • Chug666 23 Jun 2020 09:38:42 702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ha! If someone can come up with a forfeit with a lower risk of a custodial sentence I'll gladly consider it!
  • damagedinc 23 Jun 2020 10:31:40 2,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe forfeit refusal will push you to "get gud"

Or one completed playthrough of superman N64 must be completed to atone your sins

Could do a system where 5 completed games can be "cashed in for a game to be removed.

Edited by damagedinc at 10:32:41 23-06-2020
  • Phattso 23 Jun 2020 11:09:25 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Chug666 Where are you up to on Galak-Z? I'm wondering if something shooter sequence might be the forfeit here - on another title you have. Clear L1 on R-Type on on credit, that type of thing. Is there a game like that you've finished before/have on the backlog that we could use to enact this punishment? :)
  • DuckBreaker 23 Jun 2020 18:58:26 76 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    @Chug666
    You managed to overcome the last forfeit challenge (Beat Sigrun) and now you want another one?! You just like the attention don't you?
    Very well. Pick your next game from backlog and we will devise a fiendish challenge to atone for your Galak-Z failing sins. I second Phattso that a different shooter would be suitable if you have one in waiting. But beware... once you accept the challenge there is no turning back. Lose/admit defeat and the pigwhip 2020 poo is yours!

Edited by DuckBreaker at 18:58:53 23-06-2020
  • Chug666 24 Jun 2020 09:59:45 702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been shit at shooters for decades and yet keep going back to them- Galak-Z charmed me with its style but I can't get through the first chapter. It's fiddly and I'm no good at it.

No more shooters in the backlog thankfully, the closest thing is Borderlands 3 which isn't strictly backlog but is lined up for a borrow from a friend (old school disc based swapsies, but only when I have a gap of course). That will wait until I've finished Days Gone, which I'm enjoying so far (and involves shooting...).

Going beyond backlog to shooters I have never finished... Gunstar Heroes and Biohazard Battle spring to mind, both of which are on the magadrive collection.

A few ideas there to get your teeth into!
  • Ceelion 24 Jun 2020 12:07:08 552 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Phattso I thought F2P was the outlier? F2p *should* be the outlier. BUT BUT BUT My bad.
  • Phattso 24 Jun 2020 12:32:15 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Ceelion the challenge was never primarily about money, is the thing. So the cost is less relevant in the main. It's all about good habits. That's why it's Play What You *Get*, and not Play Shit You *Bought*. :)
  • damagedinc 26 Jun 2020 22:51:30 2,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fallen order complete

Actually really enjoyed this, was expecting it to be a bit pants after some iffy reviews.

Please can I add last of us remastered. Prob doesnt need to be on here because beat it twice including on grounded. However I want a playthrough before the 2nd and this will stop me buying something to distract me

Edited by damagedinc at 13:37:06 27-06-2020

Edited by damagedinc at 01:00:05 05-07-2020
  • Red_Bool 1 Jul 2020 08:49:01 1,972 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    There's nothing currently out (on systems that I own) that I really fancy buying/playing. Instead I've been going through ye olde backlog and found something I feel deserves a proper go.

Please add:

Wonderful 101 (Wii U)
  • ghearoid 1 Jul 2020 10:02:12 3,574 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    UPDATE!

Please add Tokyo Mirage Sessions #fe Encore to my list :)
  • Phattso 1 Jul 2020 10:37:05 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @damagedinc I don't think you need to add TLOU if you already own it and have already finished it. Bask in the glory of being able to freely replay something you actually played before. :)
  • Samildanach 1 Jul 2020 22:01:57 311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pulstar can come off now after multiple goes, seeing the credits finally and 100% trophies. I thankfully discovered autofire and save state functions in the menu system which saved me from utter failure on that one. A 1cc on this game is likely never going to happen but I may try it a little more before it is properly shelved.

Edited by Samildanach at 22:02:23 01-07-2020
  • damagedinc 5 Jul 2020 01:02:07 2,843 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    UPDATE

last of us remastered- complete

Having already beat it on grounded I flew through on normal, glad I played before the 2nd. Which I have picked up for 35 quid. So kind of win?

So i now wish to now add the last of is part 2 to my list.

Bit worried about cuphead. I'm 60% in and it's now getting ridiculously difficult.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.