Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 25

• Samildanach 5 Jul 2020 19:10:51 345 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another update for me.
    Uncharted 4 credits rolled.
    I really enjoyed this from start to end, despite the odd one or two silly things (like your magic self-looping rope swing). But then Uncharted has always been very silly really, so if you just sit back and enjoy the ride, it is one long treat.
    Like Alien Isolation, where others have found this game a little too long, I have not. I guess I prefer a curated single player campaign more than an big open world with lots of sidequests and shorter
    and maybe less remarkable main story (eg my recently played Assassin's Creed Unity).

On that basis, as it is on sale on playstation store, let's add Doom(2016) into the free slot. Thank you DuckBreaker.
  • DuckBreaker 5 Jul 2020 20:14:35 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    There we go. DuckBreaker update done. I'll send you all my bill.
  • DuckBreaker 5 Jul 2020 20:25:09 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Chug666 wrote:
    I've been shit at shooters for decades and yet keep going back to them- Galak-Z charmed me with its style but I can't get through the first chapter. It's fiddly and I'm no good at it.

No more shooters in the backlog thankfully, the closest thing is Borderlands 3 which isn't strictly backlog but is lined up for a borrow from a friend (old school disc based swapsies, but only when I have a gap of course). That will wait until I've finished Days Gone, which I'm enjoying so far (and involves shooting...).

Going beyond backlog to shooters I have never finished... Gunstar Heroes and Biohazard Battle spring to mind, both of which are on the magadrive collection.

A few ideas there to get your teeth into!
    I forgot to reply with your challenge. I had to see off some seagulls that were after my bread. Bastards.

Anyway, I have added your challenge and it is to 1 credit clear either Gunstar Heroes and Biohazard Battle. Pick one only, though remember you can dabble for up to 2 hours before you are committed. You may find Galak-Z suddenly becomes an easy prospect to finish. Ha. Ha ha. HahahaahaaaHAAAAAAA!

Edited by DuckBreaker at 20:25:27 05-07-2020
  • Nazo 5 Jul 2020 20:57:11 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nier: Automata can go on my completed list. BUT! I did set myself a an extra challenge at the start that any new games bought would occupy their slot permanently so no free slot for me. I think with lockdown meaning I can't go to my Japanese classes I'll go slightly easy on myself and allow new games played completely in Japanese though.

Like a good book I feel a bit sad at completing Nier, I absolutely loved it. There are still a few side quests and bits and pieces left over though so I'll probably go back to polish those off after a bit of a break.
  • Ceelion 6 Jul 2020 11:51:27 553 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    COD:Warzone done after an emphatic solo victory and grind to finish the BP. It will still be played of course, much like Animal Crossing, but for all intensive purposes, it's DONED.

Dropped some pennies on 51 Worldwide Games on the Switch so need to update the games. What the flip will be the completion goal for that?

List so far:

1) Fallen Order (not started from Christmas)
    2) Sekiro (still in shrink wrap from LAST MAY)
    2) 51 Worldwide Games
  • Samildanach 6 Jul 2020 15:24:16 345 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ceelion wrote:
    COD:Warzone done after an emphatic solo victory and grind to finish the BP. It will still be played of course, much like Animal Crossing, but for all intensive purposes, it's DONED.

Dropped some pennies on 51 Worldwide Games on the Switch so need to update the games. What the flip will be the completion goal for that?

List so far:

2) 51 Worldwide Games
    I would say once you have put in a good bit of time into 51 Worldwide Games you can consider it done. It is kind of the same as arcade like games such as shmups. Put in plenty of proper goes into it and not just a couple of hours, and it can come off.
  • DuckBreaker 6 Jul 2020 15:26:41 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Samildanach wrote:
    Ceelion wrote:

List so far:

2) 51 Worldwide Games
    I would say once you have put in a good bit of time into 51 Worldwide Games you can consider it done. It is kind of the same as arcade like games such as shmups. Put in plenty of proper goes into it and not just a couple of hours, and it can come off.
    Well I was going to demand International Grand Master standard at all 51 games before it can come off.
  • Chug666 7 Jul 2020 11:47:57 704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DuckBreaker one credit you say? It would be Gunstar for sure, based purely on my consistent lack of progress with Biohazard over multiple decades (love the music though!). But Galak Z looks more likely, thank you for your brutal refocusing of my efforts Ducky.

All academic for the time being as I'm very much enjoying Days Gone, will get that done first.
  • Rivuzu 7 Jul 2020 13:15:29 18,385 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    + Hades and Desperados 3.
    First buys in a while and they're fucking great.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Jul 2020 00:18:37 6,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Ghost recon breakpoint story completed. So much of this massive map I haven't even been to.

I'm moving onto the side/faction missions and the Sam Fisher dlc but it can come off my playlist now.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 08:30:29 10-07-2020
  • Samildanach 16 Jul 2020 23:44:31 345 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dear Esther can go both in and out of a slot because it is (mercifully) short. I has helped me decide not to buy any other of these so called walking simulators as a personally need more than a slow walk with an occasional voice over. It was okay at guess, other than the cheesy ending. The visuals, especially the cave, looked pretty nice though.
  • Rivuzu 17 Jul 2020 11:58:56 18,385 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    + Ghosts of Sashimi

- Hades

Gonna make tuna rolls out of these Mongolians

Hades is great but I've nearly unlocked all the weapon aspects now and it's just a casual chill out game. Still took a good 30 hours out of me.

Edited by Rivuzu at 11:59:38 17-07-2020
  • Rodderz 17 Jul 2020 11:59:10 4,170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    As of this week, 🎯AC: Oranges has been amply squeezed and I thought it was pretty good overall.

🦆Ghost of Tsushima has been purchased to add to the list! I'm looking forward to some slicing and dicing all whilst wearing some great hats.
  • Samildanach 19 Jul 2020 01:11:18 345 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Add Slain: Back from Hell please DuckBreaker. It was mega cheap so I thought I'd give it a spin.

It's alright so far. I like the aesthetics, but I would say the gameplay is often more frustrating than fun.
  • Cappy 20 Jul 2020 19:26:23 14,218 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Anyway, I have added your challenge and it is to 1 credit clear either Gunstar Heroes and Biohazard Battle. Pick one only, though remember you can dabble for up to 2 hours before you are committed. You may find Galak-Z suddenly becomes an easy prospect to finish. Ha. Ha ha. HahahaahaaaHAAAAAAA!
    Biohazard Battle is actually completable on a single credit without being a shoot em' up god if you select the right 'ship?'. You want the one with the homing weapon, then you just need to be good enough to power it up without dying at that point you just need to position yourself away from enemy collisions when they enter the screen and mostly just keep shooting.
  • DuckBreaker 20 Jul 2020 19:59:57 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    ^^^
    Handy advice that might save your bacon O desperate challenger.

I think I ought to do another update shortly. Any more additions or subtractions before I do?
  • Samildanach 20 Jul 2020 21:10:04 345 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Slain: Back from Hell complete
    Got this in the sale for £2.59 or something, and it was OK. There are quite a few bits that are immensely frustrating due to the very anal timing the game requires of you in your attacks. I had many hundreds of deaths before I saw the credits. On the other hand it reloads at fairly regular check points in seconds, so it is a case of 'just one more go' until I brute forced my way through.
    I probably wouldn't recommend it to others, though the visuals and heavy rock soundtrack elevate it to something reasonably unique.
    I gather it's successor, Valfaris, is a far better game.
  • damagedinc 21 Jul 2020 14:39:10 2,857 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Annnnnnnd cuphead down!!

That was brilliant fun, couple of real sticking points but got through it. Might go back at some point for expert but quite happy with beating every boss and "run gun" level.

Please can I add........

Bayonetta 2 (switch)

Thanks!
  • Cappy 21 Jul 2020 15:04:34 14,218 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Update time, lots of time sunk into games I completed before back on the PS3.

Finished:
    Valkria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)
    I even completed the incredibly disappointing content which was previously DLC, all these years I'd thought I was missing out on some decent extra content.
    End of Eternity (Resonance of Fate)(PS4)
    Pac-Man Champioship Edition (PS4)
    Played until I hit the limitations of skill and maze cornering using a standard controller I simply can't progress further due to some combination of the two, whether that counts as a fail is down to the duck to decide.

Currently playing (and nearly finished):

Days Gone (PS4)
  • DuckBreaker 21 Jul 2020 21:05:21 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    DuckBreaker update done. I have definitely run out of duck puns now. No more bad yokes.
  • DuckBreaker 21 Jul 2020 21:07:12 80 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Cappy
    Are Bloodborne and Fear Effect still meant to be on Cappy?
  • Cappy 21 Jul 2020 23:14:04 14,218 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DuckBreaker

Yes, they still are.
  • crashVoodoo 23 Jul 2020 18:12:20 6,680 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Bought division2 for £6 on UBI store. Gotta be £6 of fun in this surely
  • ghearoid 26 Jul 2020 17:36:53 3,599 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    UPDATE

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore has been completed!

I guess that just leaves Animal Crossing New Horizons on my list for now. I'll think of something to play next. Might just play Breath of the Wild for the third time. :)
  • dmj 27 Jul 2020 10:17:07 1,022 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Finally finished BotW at the weekend. Thereís still loads of stuff to do, but Ganon is down so Iíll count it as done.

Not really anything to say about it that hasnít already been said: It was fucking great! Not my favourite Zelda (nostalgia for OoT probably means itíll never be replaced), but easily the best thing Iíve played in years that isnít Tetris Effect.

Itís been replaced by Assassinís Creed: Origins, which I picked up for £5 in the Epic sale. Not a series Iíve ever really gotten along with but Iíve only heard good things about it.

Edited by dmj at 10:17:59 27-07-2020
  • Nazo 28 Jul 2020 22:21:38 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally got to an ending on Steins;Gate so that can come off the list.

I'll have to think carefully about what to tackle next, I've still got 2 games haunting me from the 2018 challenge but I'm not sure I want to tackle those right now. There's a good chance the upcoming VR Star Wars thingy will permanently take a slot if it turns out well so that would just leave me 1 for the rest of the year.
  • dominalien 29 Jul 2020 08:55:03 9,652 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ďAnĒ ending? For shame.
  • Nazo 29 Jul 2020 09:09:35 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Heh, Iíve watched the anime before and got a few different endings in the original game on the Vita so Iíve covered most of them at some point.

Iíve got some saves at obvious story fork points so Iíll go back and collect those later but itís taken me 2 years to get this far, I think I deserve a break.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.