Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 26

• crashVoodoo 29 Jul 2020 13:59:47 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Tried out the division 2 again last night. The gunplay loop feels so much better than one, I just preferred the New York snowy location.

I'm currently rolling around with a Sig 716 for ranged to middle distance and a double barrelled shotgun for getting in people's face and it feels so satisfying

Edited by crashVoodoo at 14:00:42 29-07-2020
  • damagedinc 30 Jul 2020 14:13:37 3,006 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Update

Bayonetta 2 completed. I was a little disappointed after all the good things I heard. Preferred the first one.

Last of us 2 completed
    Bloodstained (added and now completed)

Mario kart 8
    Hyperlight drifter
    Tetris effect

Please mr duck. That should be my 3

Edited by damagedinc at 23:47:48 11-08-2020

Edited by damagedinc at 20:21:08 14-08-2020
  • Nazo 2 Aug 2020 13:10:21 1,616 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Screw thinking carefully, I'm feeling sorry for myself and want to wallow in nostalgia and memories of simpler times. Please add Ace Attorney Trilogy and FF7 (both Switch) to my list. I always wondered if FF7 made more sense in Japanese, this seems like as good a time as any to find out.
  • Rodderz 11 Aug 2020 22:49:28 4,393 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    🎯 Ghost of Tsushima has been completed and Platinumed. I loved it and thought it was excellent throughout, had a great story and graphics, lovely music and good voice acting and was all round great to play. Top stuff!

Going to finally dig into Resi 7 now for the first time (already occupying one of my slots). Should be a nice change of atmosphere and genre from GoT. Time to pull out the sofa a little bit from the wall, just in case I need something to hide behind...
  • Samildanach 12 Aug 2020 23:37:14 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Darius Cozmic Collection Collector's Edition has finally arrived after many months of anticipation. I don't think I have been quite so excited about a game arriving on my doorstep since I bought Final Fantasy VIII (after the magnificent of FFVII). Yes I am a weirdo, but hot damn is it a beauty of a collection of stuff.

Yes, well...Anyway, since I can't get good at all of the Darius games at the same time let's start with filling slot 3 with the first Darius. I'll include all three very similar arcade versions as well as Super Darius/Darius Plus/Darius Alpha since they are essentially ports of the same game.
    If the Duck allows I may alternate Darius Technosoft and Konami shmups in this third slot, rather than burn out on all Darius games for the collection one after another.

In short, please add:
    Darius (Arcade/Super/Plus/Alpha)
  • Samildanach 12 Aug 2020 23:42:53 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    As for my other two slots;
    Bloodborne continues to delight and will be on there for a long time I think. The Shadows of Yharnum have become a bit of a roadblock for now though.
    Doom (2016) took a while to gel, but it is just so slick that I couldn't not enjoy it, even if it is a little one note. I guess it does what it does very well, but I would struggle with only playing it as repetition does creep in. Just scraped through the first main boss fight last night. Phase 1 seemed a bit generic and easy, but phase 2 was fecking great.

Edited by Samildanach at 23:44:27 12-08-2020
  • DuckBreaker 14 Aug 2020 19:51:11 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It is about time I did another update. It tends to get a bit sparse in activity over the summer, it is almost as if you lot have better things to be doing than gaming!
    Before I do however...
  • DuckBreaker 14 Aug 2020 19:56:13 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @monkman76
    My beady duck eye now falls on you. Perhaps you have forgotten about this challenge? Would perhaps The Surge 2 be a game you have played recently? You might still be in if you have kept to the three slots throughout, but the Sword of Damocles hangs over your PWYGGWYP 2020 challenge now.
  • DuckBreaker 14 Aug 2020 21:19:37 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    MiniSchnauz wrote:
    Hollow Knight done!

Hmmm. Add Alan Wake and Children of Morta to my slots please.
    Also Pigwhipper MiniSchnauz, it has gone very quiet on the gaming front for you, are you still with us? Is the nobility of this challenge still coursing through your veins or have you been laid low by the the runny bowels of excess game buying failure?
  • Vortex808 14 Aug 2020 21:33:20 14,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm nearly done with outer worlds.

Still battering cod warzone to my shame, but hey, got to take them covid annoyances out on some peeps...
  • monkman76 14 Aug 2020 21:44:00 17,708 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DuckBreaker Strike me down. Im just coming right back into games having not played anything at all for about 6 months, and thoroughly enjoying it. Ive got a decent gaming laptop and game pass and Im not afraid to indulge myself!

Good luck to all pigwhippers. /salutes
  • DuckBreaker 14 Aug 2020 22:14:22 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @monkman76
    OK thanks monkman76. It is an honourable pigwhip2020 death.
  • Phattso 14 Aug 2020 22:16:15 26,480 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Dropping. Like. Flies.

Shameful.
  • DuckBreaker 14 Aug 2020 22:30:14 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Dropping. Like. Flies.

Shameful.
    We are down to the last 20. I gleefully await the next abject failures.

Latest update all done.
  • Technoishmatt 15 Aug 2020 07:20:23 4,874 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Installed, played and finished Tiny Room. An escape the room mobile game that was pretty fun, and mostly free of convoluted puzzles.
  • Vortex808 15 Aug 2020 09:33:20 14,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After a late night last night, I have finished the outer worlds at long last, please remove it from my list of shame.

Now to choose something else to add to it.

Edited by Vortex808 at 09:33:53 15-08-2020
  • Cappy 15 Aug 2020 12:55:31 14,259 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I made the mistake of signing up for the NIS newsletter... Now I'm being regularly updated on interesting and affordable games.

MUST. RESIST. INNER STRENGTH WHERE ARE YOU?
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Aug 2020 13:09:13 10,809 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I made the mistake of signing up for the NIS newsletter... Now I'm being regularly updated on interesting and affordable games.

MUST. RESIST. INNER STRENGTH WHERE ARE YOU?
    Just do what I do, google the games when you feel your resolve dropping and realise they are mostly meh.
  • Vortex808 15 Aug 2020 13:43:58 14,580 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have started 'Inside'.

It's as lovely as Limbo, if even more grim! 😃

Please add it to my list Beaked Overlord.
  • Cappy 15 Aug 2020 13:45:41 14,259 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Graxlar_v3

That generally has the opposite effect for me. Birthdays for instance. What is this? Why doesn't Eurogamer bother covering games anymore?

/Quick Google

It's a God game! I love God games. Hmmm... Add it to the list for when the Duck's reign of terror ends.
  • Reacher 15 Aug 2020 14:19:39 3,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Samildanach I'm also stuck (for about three years) on the Shadows of Yarnham. Happy to tem up any time to get through it if you want
  • crashVoodoo 15 Aug 2020 15:21:59 6,944 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I think I've technically failed this challenge. I'm 3 missions from completing the div 2, the 3 strongholds and I've picked up the dlc to jump straight into while it was cheap.

However I didn't end up playing and completing it the other night as expected. Playing it tonight tho, but still

/Hangs head in shame
  • Nazo 15 Aug 2020 15:28:22 1,616 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Im normally the first one to shout throw the rule book at im! but I think counting DLC concurrently with the main game would be harsh.

Edited by Nazo at 15:30:32 15-08-2020
  • Phattso 15 Aug 2020 15:30:33 26,480 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Im normally the first one to shout throw the rule book at im! but I think counting DLC separately from the main game would be harsh.
    Youre free to indulge in as much wrongthink as you like, but rules is rules:

ALL newly purchased games, backlog games, dlc, expansions, season passes etc. count.

Lock him up! Lock him up! Lock him up!

Come, o great billed one. Cast him asunder !
  • Samildanach 15 Aug 2020 18:52:48 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Reacher Cheers for the offer, but since I have done Demon's Souls and Dark Souls I and II solo, I don't want to break the record just yet. This doesn't mean I am any good, just that I doggedly try many, many times till I have learnt all their moves and how to avoid them. It is probably a big part of the appeal of the games to me. Best of luck anyway!
  • DuckBreaker 15 Aug 2020 19:13:22 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    I think I've technically failed this challenge. I'm 3 missions from completing the div 2, the 3 strongholds and I've picked up the dlc to jump straight into while it was cheap.

However I didn't end up playing and completing it the other night as expected. Playing it tonight tho, but still

/Hangs head in shame
    ORDER IN COURT!

The accused stands having flagrantly flouted the rules by procuring their dlc before finishing the main game with NO FREE SLOTS available.

This must be a fair trial... hand me that black cap will you Captain Darling... as I was saying, a fair trial, with a jury of your fellow Pigwhippers. You can imagine them in hooded cowls, staring down at you with burning eyes...HAHAHAAHAA!

Some words have have already been said in both your defence and in prosecution and I request others to say so now to save or damn you. Your challenge hangs by a thread!
    (bashes the little hammer unnecessarily hard whereuponthe head flies of and rolls onto the floor and I awkwardly get down to pick it up in the embarrassed silence. )
  • Reacher 15 Aug 2020 19:27:34 3,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Samildanach no problem mate. Good luck.
  • Samildanach 15 Aug 2020 19:29:57 523 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hmm, for the case of crashVoodoo, I would suggest leniency if the dlc was on sale, but the sale was imminently ending. It would obviously be pointless waste of money to pay more for it a few days later when the main game would be complete. If the sale was no where near ending however, I would call for execution Judge Duck!
  • Red_Bool 15 Aug 2020 19:37:57 2,169 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I plead for some leniency: it's dlc for the game he's currently playing. So as long as he will continue playing straight into the dlc, I'd say it's technically the same slot.
  • DuckBreaker 15 Aug 2020 21:20:09 206 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    There seems to be a slight sway to (gags) leniency among some of the jurors. I thank you for your useful comments...

(surreptitiously writes down a few names in his 'to be watched' black book)

Would anyone else like to be ... lenient? All think the rules are a bit mean eh? crashVoodoo gave a last plaintive defence before the final decision on his/her fate?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.