Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 29

  • Gl3n Moderator 4 Sep 2020 11:05:55 6,826 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I done really fucked up on this challenge. The Pandemic unleashed a torrent of wanton destruction to my wallet and backlog.

    I still need to finish the games on my list from 20 years ago, so please leave them. But also add: God of War & Link's Awakening.

    The last slot will be stuffed with Mario games no doubt.
  • Cappy 4 Sep 2020 19:37:20 14,249 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:
    Can I add Detroit become human please
    I finished this recently. Itís the best Quantic Dream game probably ever. Theyíre so close to perfecting their way of doing things. Still some annoyances, some contrivances, and some awkwardness but Detroit was the closest Iíve come to being fully immersed in one of their worlds. Enjoy!
    /Scanning for irony...

    After Beyond: Two Souls I'd decided I was out on anything from Quantic Dream, the games just seemed to get worse and worse, and the inconsistency infuriated me to no end. Fahrenheit had one of the greatest openings ever and then... Well, we all know what happened. The demo episode for Heavy Rain was better than the actual game. Beyond: Two Souls had numerous faults such as the Tarantinoesque non-linear narrative. Such a terrible choice for something that's interactive. Oooh! Danger! Do you think they'll survive? Are you getting thrilled player? Er... No. considering that I've already been further along the timeline and know that this nobber is still alive I'm not even sure I can be bothered with the quicktime events or making the 'choices', everything is already obviously pre-determined.

    Maybe Become Human is worth considering at the right price.
  • DuckBreaker 4 Sep 2020 20:30:34 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    I done really fucked up on this challenge. The Pandemic unleashed a torrent of wanton destruction to my wallet and backlog.

    I still need to finish the games on my list from 20 years ago, so please leave them. But also add: God of War & Link's Awakening.

    The last slot will be stuffed with Mario games no doubt.
    Wait a dang minute pigwhipper Gl3n. By your words you seem to suggest you have bought a fuck tonne of games over the pandemic and hence added to the backlog?

    That's a big fat fail for you if I'm right. Its all there in the rules. You buy. It goes on, whether you begin playing it or not. If you have no slots left... then its game over man! A big fat losers game over for you.
  • DuckBreaker 4 Sep 2020 20:32:03 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    ... and you had one slot left as there are only three slots this year.

    Edited by DuckBreaker at 20:33:03 04-09-2020
  • Gl3n Moderator 4 Sep 2020 20:44:52 6,826 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DuckBreaker Quite right, you've passed my test. Congratulations! I'm only playing God of War as my third. I better finish it as well so I can get on with 3d All Stars in a few weeks.

    The reality is that my backlog has grown through subs on humble and epic, but nothing has really been played other than old timey shit.

    Edited by Gl3n at 20:53:36 04-09-2020
  • DuckBreaker 4 Sep 2020 21:37:52 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    @DuckBreaker Quite right, you've passed my test. Congratulations! I'm only playing God of War as my third. I better finish it as well so I can get on with 3d All Stars in a few weeks.

    The reality is that my backlog has grown through subs on humble and epic, but nothing has really been played other than old timey shit.
    The Duck is all seeing. Mainly because of predators and small children wanting to get me.

    I'm watching you pigwhipper Gl3n. Testing me indeed. Pah!
  • DuckBreaker 4 Sep 2020 21:50:27 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @Gl3n
    Now four to five months ago you were playing Animal Crossing, by your own words, yet no slot was filled. Shall I be really kind and let you off totally scot-free?
  • Samildanach 4 Sep 2020 22:12:22 437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Uh oh. You've set him off now.
  • damagedinc 4 Sep 2020 22:45:02 2,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Duck breaker

    I've had a splurge and I'm worried

    I have to add mario all stars and gran turismo

    Leaving me with all slots filled. I feel dirty and slutty

    Detroit is done ( really enjoyed this more than I thought I would)

    Edited by damagedinc at 19:51:13 05-09-2020
  • Gl3n Moderator 5 Sep 2020 16:20:24 6,826 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    @Gl3n
    Now four to five months ago you were playing Animal Crossing, by your own words, yet no slot was filled. Shall I be really kind and let you off totally scot-free?
    Hey, it was all going swimmingly before the first global pandemic for 100 years hit. The gloves were off and I was going fishing with some animals.

    Just saw credits on God of War, if that helps! I'm well back on the horse.
  • DuckBreaker 5 Sep 2020 18:58:41 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Gl3n wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    @Gl3n
    Now four to five months ago you were playing Animal Crossing, by your own words, yet no slot was filled. Shall I be really kind and let you off totally scot-free?
    Hey, it was all going swimmingly before the first global pandemic for 100 years hit. The gloves were off and I was going fishing with some animals.

    Just saw credits on God of War, if that helps! I'm well back on the horse.
    I'm hearing weak excuses here. Global pandemic eh? I had to contend with bird flu only a few years back... and Duck al la Orange in the 80s.
    Well, ASSUMING you had the free slot when playing Animal Crossing and not any other unreported game, as well as completing Animal Crossing adequately (something to do with some dog coming to your island and doing a concert or if not, putting in a significant number of hours to be considered well rinsed), your slot would be then free for God of War.
    If it wasn't finished, then the jig is up.
    If it was, you live to see another day, but I think it is only fair, to apply a CHALLENGE!

    Your challenge to see off God of War, is to beat the Valkyrie Queen Sigrun, if you are still in that is. Fellow pigwhipper Chug666 can attest to it being difficult but entirely possible having had the same challenge a few months back.

    So sayeth the Duckbreaker.
  • damagedinc 5 Sep 2020 21:42:56 2,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just bought gorogoa on switch..I've fucking fallen off the wagon I'm over my allocation. Balls

    I mean technically mario is a pre order so........

    Edited by damagedinc at 21:46:02 05-09-2020
  • Rodderz 5 Sep 2020 22:23:50 4,283 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    I just bought gorogoa on switch..I've fucking fallen off the wagon I'm over my allocation. Balls

    I mean technically mario is a pre order so........
    Noooooo, not another participant down! The Duck will be flapping with joy. This year's challenge has been nothing short of a massacre of the pigwhippers!

    Buy in Peace user damagedinc.
  • DuckBreaker 5 Sep 2020 23:53:49 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    I just bought gorogoa on switch..I've fucking fallen off the wagon I'm over my allocation. Balls

    I mean technically mario is a pre order so........
    No getting out of that one pigwhipper damagedinc. Your spurging madness must be punished. As for preordering, I'm willing to show some restraint if the preorder is for some limited edition physical release that would not be available to buy after the pre order sells out (other than through scumbag scalpers). But Mario ain't one of those.
    Hang your head in shame!
  • damagedinc 6 Sep 2020 00:29:54 2,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well it is the physical release? And I'll have hyper light drifter done within the week which gets me back in shape?
  • crashVoodoo 6 Sep 2020 00:50:45 6,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    A Short Hike completed. Charming and indeed ... short
  • spookyxelectric 6 Sep 2020 03:01:56 197 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:
    I just bought gorogoa on switch..I've fucking fallen off the wagon I'm over my allocation. Balls

    I mean technically mario is a pre order so........
    No getting out of that one pigwhipper damagedinc. Your spurging madness must be punished. As for preordering, I'm willing to show some restraint if the preorder is for some limited edition physical release that would not be available to buy after the pre order sells out (other than through scumbag scalpers). But Mario ain't one of those.
    Hang your head in shame!

    Actually Mario is a limited release. They're only selling it till... March I think it was? Then it's going back into the vault along with Lion King and Snow White.
  • damagedinc 6 Sep 2020 08:15:18 2,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No admiration for honesty although I accept my fate
  • Samildanach 6 Sep 2020 08:49:16 437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I suspect the limited release of Mario won't cut it, since you had till March to buy it. I assume the Duck meant one of those releases that sells out in days, with no plans to re-release. Like those Limited Run Game releases.

    He's a bastard that Duckbreaker that's for sure. Join the ranks of the honest defeated, damagedinc. Yours was a short but good run.
  • Samildanach 6 Sep 2020 08:53:48 437 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nintendo are sneaky aren't they. Putting it back into the vault so folks won't wait for a sale. Very clever, I hope this isn't something we are going to see rolled out more, by Sony for example (PlayStation player here), but I wouldn't be surprised.
  • damagedinc 6 Sep 2020 12:05:50 2,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Samildanach wrote:
    I suspect the limited release of Mario won't cut it, since you had till March to buy it. I assume the Duck meant one of those releases that sells out in days, with no plans to re-release. Like those Limited Run Game releases.

    He's a bastard that Duckbreaker that's for sure. Join the ranks of the honest defeated, damagedinc. Yours was a short but good run.

    Really annoyed as I thought was doing well, cleared a lot of my back log but completly slipped up over this weekend. Hopefully better luck next year.
  • Nazo 6 Sep 2020 13:45:10 1,465 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    By luck you mean self-control surely?
  • Gl3n Moderator 6 Sep 2020 13:46:59 6,826 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    Gl3n wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    @Gl3n
    Now four to five months ago you were playing Animal Crossing, by your own words, yet no slot was filled. Shall I be really kind and let you off totally scot-free?
    Hey, it was all going swimmingly before the first global pandemic for 100 years hit. The gloves were off and I was going fishing with some animals.

    Just saw credits on God of War, if that helps! I'm well back on the horse.
    I'm hearing weak excuses here. Global pandemic eh? I had to contend with bird flu only a few years back... and Duck al la Orange in the 80s.
    Well, ASSUMING you had the free slot when playing Animal Crossing and not any other unreported game, as well as completing Animal Crossing adequately (something to do with some dog coming to your island and doing a concert or if not, putting in a significant number of hours to be considered well rinsed), your slot would be then free for God of War.
    If it wasn't finished, then the jig is up.
    If it was, you live to see another day, but I think it is only fair, to apply a CHALLENGE!

    Your challenge to see off God of War, is to beat the Valkyrie Queen Sigrun, if you are still in that is. Fellow pigwhipper Chug666 can attest to it being difficult but entirely possible having had the same challenge a few months back.

    So sayeth the Duckbreaker.
    Righto - I faced one so far and it went poorly. So I've a lot of epilogue content to plough through to do this I'm guessing (no bad thing).
  • Chug666 7 Sep 2020 19:35:33 720 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Gl3n best of luck! I'd offer tips but I'm trying to erase the challenge from my memory (and I think I basically fluked the sigrun fight after 20+ deaths).
  • Chug666 7 Sep 2020 19:37:05 720 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Duck, could you chalk Into the Breach off my list please? Finished it yesterday so I'll enjoy a couple of days contemplating what might fill the spare slot...
  • crashVoodoo 9 Sep 2020 17:19:46 6,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Oh Ducky one...

    I've completed torchlight 2 today, started playing it late last night with the little one and decided I quite like it so finished it off today. I can't see me returning to it as it's very diablo but without the replayability, and the last 2 bosses in the mines were unfun.

    Additionally I'll have finished off Division 2 later tonight, just have keener left to do. I rinsed through the DLC by early level 37 but it locks off the last mission until level 40. Spent another hour grinding POIs to get up to 40 and by then it was nearly 2am so went to bed.

    Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:24:27 09-09-2020
  • DuckBreaker 9 Sep 2020 19:12:03 122 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    I probably ought to do an update tonight as there is quite a few changes now.
    Anyone else need to admit utter defeat before I do?
  • Cappy 9 Sep 2020 20:20:13 14,249 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I have pre-ordered Remothered: Broken Porcelain so I need to have at least 1 slot clear before Oct 20th, when hopefully it arrives (and doesn't get stolen like the original Remothered).
  • crashVoodoo 9 Sep 2020 21:04:44 6,798 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Rogue Agent down ... keener is well dead !

    Super bullshit fight by the way and once he died I must have got over 10 prompts about new shit to do ... watch levels, seasons, new dailies, weeklies, leagues, manhunts, on and on FFS

    Uninstalled.

    Free me up 2 slots ducky, you little feathered thread custodian. Just wildlands on my list now

    Edited by crashVoodoo at 21:06:51 09-09-2020
  • damagedinc 9 Sep 2020 21:08:47 2,930 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I have pre-ordered Remothered: Broken Porcelain so I need to have at least 1 slot clear before Oct 20th, when hopefully it arrives (and doesn't get stolen like the original Remothered).
    Woah I thought pre orders counted straight away! Mario 3d all stars cost me my place
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.