Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 33

• Red_Bool 9 Nov 2020 11:49:23 2,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Surely splurging on a 400 pound console just to play one 70 pound game should be the very thing this thread is looking to fight against? When a more patient consumer could obtain said purchase for considerably cheaper at a later date.
    Perhaps, but this thread is not about cost. It is about commitment.
  • Chug666 9 Nov 2020 12:00:31 729 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    What about a one week amnesty for Astrobot- finish it within a week of the PS5 landing or it counts? That might help those of us with big games on the go (looking guiltily at the glacial progress I've been making with Borderlands 3...).
  • damagedinc 9 Nov 2020 12:18:15 2,976 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:
    Surely splurging on a 400 pound console just to play one 70 pound game should be the very thing this thread is looking to fight against? When a more patient consumer could obtain said purchase for considerably cheaper at a later date.
    The commitment to play the games you have to reduce backlogs and therefore spending money?
  • Red_Bool 9 Nov 2020 13:06:53 2,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    The commitment to play the games you have to reduce backlogs and therefore spending money?
    To quote the first post:
    Mission: stop buying shit you won't play, stop abandoning things you're playing for shit reasons, and be the best darned gamer you can be.*
    Not spending money is a side-effect (imho). If someone wants to splurge 400 (+70) GBP just to be able to play one game, and they have a free slot, then why not?

The last time I did that was the first Playstation (wipEout!) btw.

Edit:
    But I do agree that surely you must have stuff in your backlog you could also be playing instead :)

Edited by Red_Bool at 13:07:46 09-11-2020
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2020 13:11:32 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Unless you all completed literally all of the games on your 48K Speccy or Master System, what the fuck are you doing buying new consoles anyways?!?!
  • damagedinc 9 Nov 2020 14:37:51 2,976 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    damagedinc wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    To quote the first post:
    Mission: stop buying shit you won't play, stop abandoning things you're playing for shit reasons, and be the best darned gamer you can be.*
    Not spending money is a side-effect (imho). If someone wants to splurge 400 (+70) GBP just to be able to play one game, and they have a free slot, then why not?

The last time I did that was the first Playstation (wipEout!) btw.

Edit:
    But I do agree that surely you must have stuff in your backlog you could also be playing instead :)

I dont think duckbreaker will fly with this hahhaa
  • DuckBreaker 9 Nov 2020 14:59:13 147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Well then my piggies. We have a quandary on our hands. A game included with a new console that you weren't aware of at the time of pre order. A new console that in great likelihood you would have also bought (preordered) another game for (Demon's Souls). Surely, for those who have striven for so long deserved a bit of kindness so late in the game? Surely the Duckbreaker has a heart?

Let's look all the way back to page 1 and the rules. What does my LAW say?

"As soon as you buy or OTHERWISE OBTAIN or install a new game, it counts. If you start playing a previosly uncompleted old / backlog game, it counts. If you can't be bothered to play a game you just bought in a sale, that's your lookout. The box can gather dust on the shelf and it will still count.

Pre-orders count as a slot filled in all but exceptional cases.†Those cases have to be presented as a plea to the Duckbreaker. The Duckbreaker may be benevolent in cases of limited edition pre-orders that would sell out before release."

Looks like you are shit out of luck.
  • DuckBreaker 9 Nov 2020 15:00:55 147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    You could always (gasp) cancel Demon's Souls until you have FINISHED YOUR CURRENT GAMES!
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2020 15:04:17 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    A game included with a new console that you weren't aware of at the time of pre order..
    OBJECTION! Sony were very clear that the console came with AstroBot included.

Now. To the lawyering. If we were to conclude that AstroBot isn't, in fact, a game but instead an instructional technical interactive experience... I think the rules of course allow for that with no problem.

So, to qualify, a PigWhipper might only have to post something like 'This fucking PlayStation 5 isn't anything special - and AstroBot is just a fucking tech demo anyway - I don't even know why I bought it actually, the Series X is much more in keeping with my beliefs' in the PS5 thread to get exemption.

If The Great Billed One agrees. :)

Edited by Phattso at 15:04:57 09-11-2020
  • Red_Bool 9 Nov 2020 15:11:27 2,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    damagedinc wrote:
    I dont think duckbreaker will fly with this hahhaa
    I guess not :) (well, I tried...)
  • Nazo 9 Nov 2020 15:25:21 1,518 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    What does my LAW say?

previosly
    All rules rendered illegitimate by illiteracy of the rule maker.
  • damagedinc 9 Nov 2020 15:27:05 2,976 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And not to want to be that guy I cant help but notice the wording on the ps5 site

"The game is free for all PS5 console users and is designed to be enjoyed by gamers and families alike"

GAME

Edited by damagedinc at 15:27:17 09-11-2020
  • DuckBreaker 9 Nov 2020 15:43:52 147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Well if PS5 pre-orderers were aware of Astrobot from the start then they have no trotter to stand on.

This is no democracy! This is a dictatorship!
    The hammer of the Duckbreaker comes down now and it comes down hard.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 15:44:06 09-11-2020
  • DuckBreaker 9 Nov 2020 15:48:09 147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Nazo wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    What does my LAW say?

previosly
    All rules rendered illegitimate by illiteracy of the rule maker.
    Err, yes. There must have been a letter count limit.
  • Vortex808 9 Nov 2020 17:37:33 14,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Never mind PS5 controversies, can I please have CoD warzone expunged from my record?

I made it through 3 battlepasses and was well over rank 100 despite the various rank resets after each season.

When i finally get my new console, i won't be adding it back on after my old console borked and killed my chances of getting enough game cash to roll to the next season.
  • Red_Bool 9 Nov 2020 18:50:08 2,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    This is no democracy! This is a ducktatorship!
    FTFY
  • Samildanach 9 Nov 2020 19:19:25 497 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    This is no democracy! This is a ducktatorship!
    FTFY
    He's losing his edge if he missed that quality pun.
  • dominalien 9 Nov 2020 21:26:28 10,116 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    That is a good pun.

I donít mind, I had a good two year run and Iíve been terrible with games this year. I will see you all next year for a new challenge. :-) Itís been a good time.
  • Samildanach 9 Nov 2020 23:02:17 497 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    That is a good pun.

I donít mind, I had a good two year run and Iíve been terrible with games this year. I will see you all next year for a new challenge. :-) Itís been a good time.
    Now you can go crazy!
  • Phattso 9 Nov 2020 23:05:43 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Or was all this meanness just a TEST TO SEE WHO HAD WHAT IT TAKES?!
  • Vortex808 12 Nov 2020 13:56:35 14,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I have a console again at long last. I will be keeping going with the Turing test, but am going to download Star wars squadrons and Gears tactics as new games.

Do I have clearance from our winged and beaked overlord to do this? I am "done" with CoD warzone such as you can be, as mentioned a few posts above, so hope I can!
  • DuckBreaker 12 Nov 2020 20:10:22 147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I have a console again at long last. I will be keeping going with the Turing test, but am going to download Star wars squadrons and Gears tactics as new games.

Do I have clearance from our winged and beaked overlord to do this? I am "done" with CoD warzone such as you can be, as mentioned a few posts above, so hope I can!
    It sounds like CoD Warzone has had a good rinsing, so you will get it removed at the next update. Go ahead and download away freely, though watch out if you have any pre-orders.
  • Vortex808 12 Nov 2020 20:17:13 14,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    \o/

Thank you. No pre-orders imminent, apart from Cyberpunk, so that's looking ok for now! Best get turing test done before dec just in case it does actually get released tgis time round...

The small disc drive on the s will reign in my impulses. I have added gears 5 and titanfall 2 to have a mess about and see how they look on this gen. Need to add apex legends too, think i still have money in that for a season pass after my many hours spent on it previously.
  • Phattso 12 Nov 2020 21:37:11 26,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm feeling bad about the AstroBot thing. How about you, DuckBreaker? Should we give them a pass on this one for good behaviour? Anyone who has made it this far probably deserves a break?
  • Rodderz 12 Nov 2020 21:46:40 4,349 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    \o/

Thank you. No pre-orders imminent, apart from Cyberpunk, so that's looking ok for now! Best get turing test done before dec just in case it does actually get released tgis time round...
    Waaaaaaaiiiittttt!! Have you actually pre-ordered Cyberpunk yet Vortex or just planning to? Just so you know, pre-orders count now 😳, so if you add those two games you mention plus the Turing Test one you've yet to finish, that's your three slots filled! A pre-ordered Cyberpunk would push you over the edge into challenge failure until you free up a slot!
  • Vortex808 12 Nov 2020 21:49:31 14,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What?

Surely it preorders only count when sent no?

Best not dl gears tactics then.

This is some sneaky shit going on here! 😃

Edited by Vortex808 at 21:50:24 12-11-2020
  • dmj 12 Nov 2020 21:58:30 1,037 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Assassinís Creed and Horace are done. More games the length of Horace, please! (I am eyeing up Valhalla, mind, but can wait for the PC version to not be a buggy mess and/or £50. And also a spare 60 hours).

That leaves Persona which, at some point, Iíll get back to. Itís not really a thing you can play in short chunks, which is all I really have time for at the minute (Iím also more than a little tired of sitting at my PC to play games when Iíve already spent eight hours at the same desk looking at spreadsheets for work).

With all that said, Iíve started Ni No Kuni. Havenít played it since the PS3 days. Iíve read that the Switch port is identical so Iím not sure if it qualifies as a new game. *Poker Face*
  • Rodderz 12 Nov 2020 22:04:22 4,349 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    What?

Surely it preorders only count when sent no?

Best not dl gears tactics then.

This is some sneaky shit going on here! 😃
    Nope, the rules were changed! So if you pre-order something it goes into a slot immediately! Check the first page list of pigwhippers, myself and a few others already have Cyberpunk in a slot!

DuckBreaker wrote:
    Go ahead and download away freely, though watch out if you have any pre-orders.
    The Duck will be sharpening its beak if it thinks it has caught you out there 😁
  • Vortex808 12 Nov 2020 22:10:14 14,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Man, you have a borked console and don't check a thread for a few months & they change the rules in the last month or two.

Sheesh.

Squadrons is queued with gears 5 & titanfall 2 so i'll keep that to fill a slot, plus Cyberpunk.

Now i feel sorry for those astrobot peeps. That's some sneaky shit! 😃
  • DuckBreaker 12 Nov 2020 23:05:34 147 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Cyberpunk pre-orders do indeed count. 'Why?!' I hear you scream to the uncaring stars. Pre-orders on games that can just as easily be bought after release must be punished. What is this challenge for if not to curb our need to get the new shiny when you have plenty to enjoy already. Exceptions apply to all pre-orders that would be unavailable or have unavailable components if the pre-order was missed. Eg limited run physical games.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.