Following Play What You Get, Get What You Play (2020) Page 34

• Vortex808 12 Nov 2020 23:44:36 14,324 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well at least i got through a few more levels of the turing test.

Pressure on to get it done so i can play some new shiny, and old slightly shinier than they were!

I don't like this new regime. At least i've only ordered one game all year, no wait, i did buy borderlands 3 on release.

This challenge has saved me a fortune.
  • DuckBreaker 13 Nov 2020 00:14:16 147 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Phattso wrote:
    I'm feeling bad about the AstroBot thing. How about you, DuckBreaker? Should we give them a pass on this one for good behaviour? Anyone who has made it this far probably deserves a break?
    What!? Is Founding Father Phattso getting soft? Unbelievable times.

Well then Pigwhippers. Am I being too cruel here? Pigwhip Court in session!!!

The question on when Astrobot goes into a slot needs to be decided. Please will the Pigwhip Jury submit their choice from the below options.

A) Astrobot should go in a slot with immediate effect as it is a pre-order. All pigwhippers buying a PS5 would have been aware of the game being bundled and, despite not finishing their current games, they charged ahead and frivolously bought the biggest new shiny they could. Punishment should be applied with prejudice!

B) Astrobot should go into a slot when the PS5 arrives on their doorstep. It is a newly bought game so would go on, but arguably the pre-order was for the console and not the game.

C) Astrobot should go into a slot only when it has been played. It can remain in backlog till that time
    You cannot order a PS5 without the game, so in this case game bundle rules apply. That is, any purchase made of a bundle of games, slot filling rules would not apply to games in the bundle that you didn't buy the said bundle for. (The bundle would stay in the slot until the favoured games in bundle had been completed only)

All Pigwhippers both still in the game and failed can vote. I reserve the right to entirely discount the votes of those who are biased because this applies directly to them.
    Court Adjourned!
  • Red_Bool 13 Nov 2020 07:32:32 2,109 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I vote for option C (as expected)
  • Vortex808 13 Nov 2020 07:37:40 14,324 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Even though our Cyberpunk pre-orders are being judged harshly, I'd go for C.

You can't get the console without it. No one will be buying the console specifically to play that game I'm sure. Play it & it counts.
  • Chug666 13 Nov 2020 07:42:23 729 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Itís a C for me please Mr Duck.
  • Nazo 13 Nov 2020 09:31:49 1,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd also go for option C. Or maybe even option D: it doesn't count at all! It sounds like a bite-sized joyous thing that shows off the new controller. Perhaps new PS5 owners should be able to partake in the delights of this little freebie without the worry of it taking up a slot.
  • Phattso 13 Nov 2020 10:17:02 26,294 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I vote for a ritual shaming for Nazo. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
  • Nazo 13 Nov 2020 10:41:05 1,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I shall take no criticism from our founding failure.
  • Vortex808 13 Nov 2020 19:23:08 14,324 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rightio, The Turing Test is finished at long last.

I'm free! 😃

It should be quite quick, but it took from August to Nov and was played over xbox one x (deceased), streamed on phone occasionally via game pass and finally finished on xbox series s.

Now I am going to download Gears Tactics. 😃
  • Phattso 13 Nov 2020 19:25:11 26,294 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    I don't think this got the recognition it deserved. :)
  • Samildanach 13 Nov 2020 19:52:24 497 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Cue Monty Python clip of audience of grannies clapping enthusiastically.

As for the vote...and I don't have a PS5 ordered for reference, I would also go with C, it goes into backlog but certainly should count when it is started. Since Cummings is gone and Trump is on his way out, let's keep the happy atmosphere going! (Sorry to bring the politics in).
  • Rodderz 13 Nov 2020 20:30:35 4,349 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think option C is the most magnanimous of the three and for clarity I'm not getting a PS5 yet. In a funny way, it could also potentially be a rather cruel option in itself, as if you have no slots free then you'll have this lovely little game sitting on your shiny new PS5, that by all accounts is a wonderful tech-demo for all the amazing things the new Dualsense controller is capable of, and you won't be able to play it, ha! Unless of course, you're ready to crash and burn out of the challenge this close to the end of the year...
  • DuckBreaker 13 Nov 2020 21:35:18 147 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    I am starting to think that I have basically asked a load of turkeys if they would like to cancel the Christmas Dinner or not.

Surely there is SOMEONE evil enough to go for A? Or B?? I would be okay with B. Not namby-pamby luvvy-duvvy let's all mass hug C!!
  • Vortex808 13 Nov 2020 21:42:02 14,324 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But you asked, as bad a rep as the forum has, we're not all *that* bad!

After missing that ducktatorship pun, and this I wonder if your powers for evil are slipping.

Since I don't have a PS5 on order I could be persuaded that B is a sensible option. Game arrives & fills a slot is reasonable, if not terribly nice.

😃
  • dominalien 13 Nov 2020 22:41:10 10,116 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    I am starting to think that I have basically asked a load of turkeys if they would like to cancel the Christmas Dinner or not.

Surely there is SOMEONE evil enough to go for A? Or B?? I would be okay with B. Not namby-pamby luvvy-duvvy let's all mass hug C!!
    Surely turkeys are for Thanksgiving? Or are they fucked twice in the run up to year end?
  • DuckBreaker 14 Nov 2020 00:48:36 147 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    dominalien wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:

Surely turkeys are for Thanksgiving? Or are they fucked twice in the run up to year end?
    I am a UK based Duck. We don't give Thanks here.
    But yes. You may fuck a turkey twice if that is your thing.
  • spookyxelectric 14 Nov 2020 03:50:17 276 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    My heart says C, but I vote B as I, a lowly pigwhipper, fear the wrath of the duck.
  • dominalien 14 Nov 2020 06:29:32 10,116 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DuckBreaker wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    DuckBreaker wrote:

I am a UK based Duck. We don't give Thanks here.
    But yes. You may fuck a turkey twice if that is your thing.
    Ah, ok. We donít have turkey over here for Christmas. We donít have turkey ever, as a matter of fact.
  • Vortex808 15 Nov 2020 09:21:06 14,324 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Right. Having done with the Turing test, i am now playing (& really enjoying) Gears Tactics. I have also downloaded Star Wars Squadrons, as second slot (although not tried it yet).

Cyberpunk will be my third slot, although rather amusingly, my pre-order is for the physical disc game, which I can't play on my disk drive deprived Series S.

So i have a slot filled with a game I haven't got, and won't be able to play when it arrives, unless ShopTo have finally sent out the series X I am waiting for! 😃

This years pigwhip is as strange and unfathomable as most of this year has been!
  • Nazo 15 Nov 2020 11:06:06 1,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wait, you bought a Series S and a Series X? I think a pigwhip special board of enquiry needs to be convened.
  • Vortex808 15 Nov 2020 12:19:55 14,324 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wanted an x but didn't get one, my one x had died so i bought an S to tide me over until the x arrives, then the S goes to our son.

No games on them unlike a ps5, so no enquiry is required! 😃

Edited by Vortex808 at 12:20:15 15-11-2020
  • Rodderz 15 Nov 2020 16:19:45 4,349 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    🎯Dark Souls 3: Ringed City was completed last week, some great stuff in that!

I'm now playing PS+ giveaway 🦆Vampyr, so please add to a slot at your earliest convenience Mr. DuckBreaker!
  • DuckBreaker 15 Nov 2020 19:39:16 147 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    So votes have been cast and it is clear there is a full scale rebellion in the ranks! All but one C, and the B was only because I held spookyxelectric's head underwater for long enough. Pah! Maybe next year the challenge should be Pansy Weak-willed Youstering Gits Go Wanton Year'21 Gaming.
    Do you really want such a shit title next year? There better be no more of this my Pigwhippers? I am very disappointed.

So Astrobot goes into backlog until you start it. And you don't get the 2 hours grace with that one you bastards. You start it. It goes in a slot. There has got to be some goddamn restraint here.
  • Rodderz 15 Nov 2020 20:25:33 4,349 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Out of interest, perhaps to quell the DuckBreaker's fury somewhat, how many fellow pigwhippers still in the challenge (there's only 17 of us left remember!) are actually getting a PS5 at launch?

Edited by Rodderz at 20:26:51 15-11-2020
  • Chug666 15 Nov 2020 23:16:35 729 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I am!

Also Iím watching the credits roll for Borderlands 3 right now, so please cross that off Mr Duck. Safety slot achieved.
  • Nazo 16 Nov 2020 07:55:44 1,518 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hmm, now that Monday morning has come along and my mood is rather darker I'm starting to regret my choice.

How about a similar compromise to that given to others that have strayed from the path without fully falling into sin? Astrobot becomes an extra challenge slot that must be completed before this year's challenge is up.
  • Saul_Iscariot 16 Nov 2020 09:21:33 3,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nazo wrote:
    Hmm, now that Monday morning has come along and my mood is rather darker I'm starting to regret my choice.

How about a similar compromise to that given to others that have strayed from the path without fully falling into sin? Astrobot becomes an extra challenge slot that must be completed before this year's challenge is up.
    And then you move the line a little bit further until some of you have five game slots again. I drunkenly ordered a game and forgot all about it, until release day and it came through the mail. This was prepandemic, but I took it like a man. The Duck pulled down my pants, gave me a nuzzling I didnít care for, and left me like a Bisto kid. My nose pressed hard against a frozen window watching you lot enjoy lashings of gravy, Whilst my game, Dreams, still remains unopened.

You cannot argue it was part of a bundle unless you havenít installed it. If it is preinstalled, then you should have deleted it. If you have played, then I hope you had a slot spare. Otherwise prepare to feel the, not so tender, caressing of a beak.
  • Murbs 16 Nov 2020 10:48:41 24,883 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Anyone prepping the 2021 challenge? Ducky? May have been discussed but obviously I payed much less attention once I bowed out
  • Phattso 16 Nov 2020 10:55:50 26,294 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    This year's challenge has been entirely run by people not me - and actually, for 95% of the time, one person in particular - so it all depends on their appetite to continue. As your Founding Failure (copyright Nazo 2020) I'm pretty much an onlooker at this point.
  • DuckBreaker 16 Nov 2020 11:35:15 147 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    PWYGGWYP '21 hasn't been discussed yet in any detail. I am in it for another year if there is enough interest from you lot. Given the MASSACRE it has been this year, I think we may go with 4 slots for '21. Full rules to be set out in time and Duckbreaker may need to request spiritual leader Phattso to set up the spreadsheet as I would very likely completely Duck it all up.
    If anyone else wanted to also BECOME the Duckbreaker they are welcome to join, though it is not exactly hard work spending 5 mins every 1-2 weeks updating the spreadsheet with your victories and delightful failures and I am happy to soldier on sifting through all your blather.
    So, state your desire to join PWYGGWYP 2021 here and we'll see where this goes.

Edited by DuckBreaker at 11:36:35 16-11-2020
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.