The General Purpose Japanese Games Thread! Page 5

Next Last
  • ZuluHero 13 Feb 2020 20:43:38 7,952 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Project Diva Mega mix released in Japan today, there's a demo. Thankfully you can change the glyphs to PS symbols so it's not like starting again.

It's coming out in the West in the near future, and I imagine it'll just be menu translations so shouldn't be too long. I'm going to wait for that.

Good to play with Miku in portable mode though! I can take her everywhere with me. But not in a creepy way like that guy who married her hologram like I saw in that channel 4 documentary last night ;)
  • Ror 13 Feb 2020 21:59:20 19,433 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    \o/

Portable Miku ^_^ I will also wait for the Western release (and maybe get back to Future Tone while I wait).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Feb 2020 19:26:26 7,712 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    I'm feeling very, very guilty for being tempted by Azur Lane: Crosswave (out tomorrow). I know it will be absolutely terrible. But even though its anime adaptation desceneded into production-disaster (with the final few episodes delayed months), it earned a lot of goodwill with that "Enterprise, Engage!" sequence in its first episode.
    I was right! It's pretty terrible. It's an odd one in that in many ways, it's not dreadfully made. It's a decent PC port, provided you have a gamepad, which puts it leagues ahead of the likes of Kill la Kill IF. The cutscenes and character-art are decent. But then you get past the endless dialogue scenes and... my god... 1992 just called and it wants its basic low-tier PC 3d shooter back.
  • ChiefGB 15 Feb 2020 00:02:08 11,921 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Saw a trailer for Sakura wars today, hadnít heard of it before but it looked great. Went digging and found some reviews, seems likes itís a wait for a sale Jobby :(
  • uiruki 15 Feb 2020 08:32:10 5,051 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I played the demo, it's a very Media Vision Shining game, though it was made internally at Sega: competent but nothing too exciting. Good voice cast but I understand it isn't fully voiced, which is a shame.

I'll probably pick that up second-hand while I'm in Japan, that and 13 Sentinels.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 15 Feb 2020 08:33:30 7,712 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @ChiefGB I played the Sakura Wars title that came out for the Wii. The best way I can describe it is a mix of the storytelling-style of Tokyo Mirage Sessions (albeit slightly less stylish), with a combat system that was a massively simplified version of Valkyria Chronicles. It was ok and caught my attention because it was an actual proper game on a system that was never exactly over-burdened with those, but nothing to write home about. I'd genuinely forgotten about the series until they started ramping up the publicity for the new one.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 15 Feb 2020 09:52:27 3,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I downloaded the Sakura Wars demo but haven't got around to playing it yet. Similar with having bought the Wii one years ago (and regretted not importing the PS2 one which had a subbed version too) and not actually having played it...
  • Ror 16 Feb 2020 01:15:26 19,433 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I just got in to find this on the mat \ooooo/

Unfortunately, I am far too inebriated D:
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 16 Feb 2020 14:30:43 7,712 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Might have been a bit harsh on Azur Lane: Crosswave. 5 hours in now and it does have some of the usual Compile Heart janky charm.
  • Malek86 17 Feb 2020 06:59:08 9,373 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    my god... 1992 just called and it wants its basic low-tier PC 3d shooter back.
    Hey, now you are making it actually sound interesting.

Edited by Malek86 at 06:59:27 17-02-2020
  • Ror 17 Feb 2020 12:16:29 19,433 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just a quick heads-up - the Kingdom Hearts are up on the NZ Xbox store now, so will presumably be rolling out to other regions in the next 12-24 hours.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 17 Feb 2020 16:41:35 3,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Those there Kingdom Hearts games sound a bit mainstream ;)
    I have foolishly purchased so many versions of this series and despite keeping starting on number 1 I get very quickly sidetracked by other games. Not bought 3 yet although it is down to a tenner now and I doubt it will get a physical all in one with its apparently overpriced DLC (or will get it with a code like I recall Nier getting)
  • Ror 18 Feb 2020 13:47:09 19,433 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They are, but I felt it was worth a nod seeing as they've apparently been sent out to die.
  • Malek86 18 Feb 2020 15:26:28 9,373 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    One_Vurfed_Gwrx wrote:
    Those there Kingdom Hearts games sound a bit mainstream ;)
    I have foolishly purchased so many versions of this series and despite keeping starting on number 1 I get very quickly sidetracked by other games. Not bought 3 yet although it is down to a tenner now and I doubt it will get a physical all in one with its apparently overpriced DLC (or will get it with a code like I recall Nier getting)
    KH3 is coming out on Game Pass very soon so there's that.

Unfortunately I've not played 2 and there's no way I'm paying for it, so I'm not gonna play 3 anyway.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.