Following The General Purpose Japanese Games Thread! Page 8

Next Last
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 4 May 2020 14:50:46 3,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I always had a soft spot for Guwange but Deathsmiles was probably the Cave gane I enjoyed most, discovered it in arcades in my year living there and it was the game I bought my Japanese 360 for (the only 360 I actually have so had a few region issues with western games I wanted). Was cheaper than buying a Deathsmiles PCB. I also liked the Mushihimesama games (but forgot to buy the 360 version of the first one leaving a hole in my collection but I do have the PC version).

I still want the 2 remaining shot triggers that are physical but waiting to see if they get localised and LRG released. I already bought Garegga. Waiting for my Darius LE from SLG too but may take a while.

Also tried the tutorial for Brigandine and it could be fun, will try the trial next. Reminds me a little bit of the old (Ubisoft?) Amiga game Celtic Legends. Only complaint so far is the battlefield can be a bit messy with lots of units...
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 4 May 2020 14:58:12 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @One_Vurfed_Gwrx Deathsmiles was ace. One of the very, very few bullet-hell shooters I've ever stuck with long enough to do a single-continue playthrough.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 4 May 2020 15:07:24 3,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pity the sequel wasn't as good. Was a very odd arcade release as it initially was like a demo with limited stages and a "more coming soon" when you finished the levels (and I assume an update downloaded as it was PC based hardware). Then the western 360 release being a digital only copy of the Japanese game (I have the physical of course).
  • Nazo 9 May 2020 17:38:52 1,303 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone play Judgement? Itís on sale at the moment and I could go for something Yakuza-ish but not.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 May 2020 18:42:24 3,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I really enjoyed Judgement as a fan of the Yakuza series. It is nice to be in someone else's shoes in Kamurocho. The tailing missions aren't perfect but didn't put me off the game at all. The noirish tale was a nice change too and has some new minigames too (including drone racing). Plenty to do and story and characters are pretty decent. It also doesn't rely too heavily on previous characters from the series. Substories are the usual Yakuza brand of crazy too which is always fun.
  • Malek86 9 May 2020 18:47:26 9,985 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Finishing Nier Automata the other day got me thinking about Moon again. Thought it could be released soon, but the devs said the localisation is still far from complete. Can't wait to play it again in proper English.

Weird that, of all the games that I could be hyped for on the Switch, the biggest one is a port of 23 years old PS1 game.
  • Graxlar_v3 9 May 2020 18:48:29 9,902 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Played an hour and a bit of sekura wars, the constant switching between voiced and non voiced lines, often in the same conversation put me off massively... so I went back to cold steel (which has the same issue on occasion but no where near as bad)
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 9 May 2020 22:34:01 3,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Malek86 I have my eye on that one too.
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 14 May 2020 11:33:59 3,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Also in the other thread,
    And as a minor update Spike Chunsoft confirmed to me that the Switch version of Robotics;Note double pack will be complete on cartridge on Switch (and both on the disc on PS4 of course).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 17 May 2020 15:47:34 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Started Sakura Wars today, now that I'm done with P5R and FF7R. My word, it is a cheesy, silly bit of fluff. Actually pretty well put together, though the sudden flipping between voiced and unvoiced bits of dialogue is a bit disconcerting.

Like the atmosphere and the general non-combat stuff. The combat itself is a bit meh, though. It's a musou, with the same basic setup as Senran Kagura (unlike the official Musou series, it has an air-game), but incredibly basic so far and with only so-so control response. The first boss went down as soon as I unleashed both characters' specials on it (having entered battle with them both fully charged).
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 20 May 2020 10:18:06 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    People may have them already, but the latest Bandai Namco bundle on Humble is a good way of getting some decent JRPGs very cheap - Tales of Berseria and the .hack//GU remaster in particular.
  • Malek86 21 May 2020 11:44:38 9,985 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Holy crap, Baroque port for the Switch. And it's the original version, not the remake.

It's very unlikely to be picked for localisation, but that's never stopped me. Besides, I have played it so many times already.

Edited by Malek86 at 11:44:47 21-05-2020
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 21 May 2020 15:01:06 3,889 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Holy crap, Baroque port for the Switch. And it's the original version, not the remake.

It's very unlikely to be picked for localisation, but that's never stopped me. Besides, I have played it so many times already.
    Cool, I have dabbled with the Saturn version bit never given it a proper go. There is a chance it could get localised if not too much text in it...

Edit. - I see Sting has done other ports which remain unlocalised ao maybe not...

Edited by One_Vurfed_Gwrx at 15:03:34 21-05-2020
  • uiruki 21 May 2020 15:48:16 5,153 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The Fairy Tail game has been delayed by another month, to 30 July. As someone who doesn't follow anime/manga in general a licensed game ordinarily wouldn't be of interest but the Gust connection has my attention so it's a little bit of a shame, but in the scheme of things a second delay isn't much of a problem.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.