Following Coronavirus Page 552

  • Load_2.0 23 May 2020 12:58:37 31,354 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Well that's the argument. Now do all people who were cautioned or fined by police demand an apology?

    What about the kid who couldn't have a single family member at the funeral?

    It's actually disgusting that they're trying to frame it as "he loves his family so it's ok"
  • richardiox 23 May 2020 13:01:13 8,348 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They're literally framing it as it's ok for us but not for you. Mental.
  • Technoishmatt 23 May 2020 13:01:52 4,002 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thing is, Cummings is NOT a hero to quite a lot of people in government (I am talking the politicians, here). But they wont speak out as worried about their jobs. But... if there is a tipping point I can see support disappearing quickly.
  • JamboWayOh 23 May 2020 13:01:56 18,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think he's framing it as 'my family and needs are more important than yours, the public.'

    I'm sure people will be banging their saucepans in defense of him on Thursday.

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 13:02:06 23-05-2020
  • IMO 23 May 2020 13:07:10 7,169 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I know I shouldn't be, but I am genuinely surprised every time I am reminded that we are governed by morons.
  • Dave_McCoy 23 May 2020 13:07:18 3,253 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    ".. his first public comments since his journey from London to County Durham was reported on Friday night.

    When asked by reporters if his trip during the coronavirus lockdown looked good, he said: "Who cares about good looks. It's a question of doing the right thing. It's not about what you guys think."

    What the actual fuck. That's his message to the nation? Says it all really. You can see this guy was an architect of herd immunity. Every man for themselves, just do what you think is right. Fuck everyone else"
    This is the point where I have to close the laptop for a couple of hours...It's just making me furious. What an absolute solid gold prick!
  • THFourteen 23 May 2020 13:07:29 53,476 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I honestly dunno what I would have done if both me and my wife had it at the same time, bad enough that we were bedridden or unable to breathe properly. Like actually how would we look after the kids?

    I guess at least my parents are 45mins drive away not 250miles.
  • ZuluHero 23 May 2020 13:08:31 8,623 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    "who cares if it looks good..."

    Um, everyone? Glol.
  • richardiox 23 May 2020 13:11:58 8,348 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I honestly dunno what I would have done if both me and my wife had it at the same time, bad enough that we were bedridden or unable to breathe properly. Like actually how would we look after the kids?

    I guess at least my parents are 45mins drive away not 250miles.
    But neither he or his wife were bedridden. He didn't even have any symptoms when they made the 250 mile trip. His wife was still writing articles for The Spectator (fraudulently saying they were in London).

    Also after 20 years working in London and with his wealth I'm sure he could have sorted something out.

    Not to mention the fact the whole country have been told just to tuff it out in that situation. I went through it myself in March.
  • Load_2.0 23 May 2020 13:15:59 31,354 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Even right wing nuts like Hartley Brewer are going in on him.

    It's fascinating to watch the flip flopping of the Brexiteer, common sense, Boris fans justifying this on Twitter.

    Especially the Piers Morgan fans, their messiah has betrayed them.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 23 May 2020 13:16:04 24,280 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The neighbour saw him dancing to ABBA in the garden so I'm pretty sure he wasn't bedridden.
  • Gibroon 23 May 2020 13:17:20 2,282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The story is absolutely bonkers. The need to drive 200+ miles to talk to his folks about looking after his kids, maybe that new technology called a phone may have helped?
  • ZuluHero 23 May 2020 13:24:37 8,623 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    The neighbour saw him dancing to ABBA in the garden so I'm pretty sure he wasn't bedridden.
    Dancing Queen?
  • bzzct 23 May 2020 13:26:40 2,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It's really interesting to see how this will play out - the public know that "it was ok to drive to the other end of the country to be near relatives because one parent was ill" is so far away from what they've been being told and have been acting on, that whether the government can drag out some small-print clause that supports it or not is essentially irrelevant.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 May 2020 13:29:59 13,239 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    The neighbour saw him dancing to ABBA in the garden so I'm pretty sure he wasn't bedridden.
    Is there anything that Wormtongue wonít try to ruin
  • bzzct 23 May 2020 13:33:08 2,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    I know I shouldn't be, but I am genuinely surprised every time I am reminded that we are governed by morons.
    I thinks it's the times when they *even* do shit at the arse-covering/PR/messaging stuff that's surprising.
  • puddleduck 23 May 2020 13:34:56 1,901 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • puddleduck 23 May 2020 13:35:22 1,901 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    The neighbour saw him dancing to ABBA in the garden so I'm pretty sure he wasn't bedridden.
    Dancing Queen?
    No, she wasn't there.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 23 May 2020 13:36:50 13,239 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bzzct wrote:
    IMO wrote:
    I know I shouldn't be, but I am genuinely surprised every time I am reminded that we are governed by morons.
    I thinks it's the times when they *even* do shit at the arse-covering/PR/messaging stuff that's surprising.
    I suppose itís hard to judge the room when youíre a sociopath like Cummings who canít relate to normal emotion having human beings
  • X201 23 May 2020 13:42:12 20,553 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    The neighbour saw him dancing to ABBA in the garden so I'm pretty sure he wasn't bedridden.
    Dancing Queen?
    I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do, I Do (As I Like)

    I Saw It in the Mirror (and the Guardian)


    Although Iím really hoping for it to be Waterloo
  • bzzct 23 May 2020 13:47:44 2,027 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I suppose itís hard to judge the room when youíre a sociopath like Cummings who canít relate to normal emotion having human beings
    Very much this. I'm not one to start throwing around armchair diagnoses but one way or another he's clearly someone with an extremely low level of emotion and empathy.

    Which if you're Boris is fine if he's doing some kind of back-office thinking for you, but Cummings has got himself into a level of public prominence that could mean that that not-got-the-human-touch side of him could become more of a liability to Boris than his strategising is a resource.

    Edited by bzzct at 13:48:42 23-05-2020
  • JamboWayOh 23 May 2020 13:48:11 18,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    bzzct wrote:
    IMO wrote:
    I know I shouldn't be, but I am genuinely surprised every time I am reminded that we are governed by morons.
    I thinks it's the times when they *even* do shit at the arse-covering/PR/messaging stuff that's surprising.
    I suppose itís hard to judge the room when youíre a sociopath like Cummings who canít relate to normal emotion having human beings
    His best friends are flow charts.

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 13:48:21 23-05-2020
  • XsjadoBlaydette 23 May 2020 13:50:51 22 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    In the extremely hopeful event of Cummings doing the noble thing from this by finally fucking off and curing the world of of his poisonous presence, I wonder if any article writer or columnist will be able to fight the urge of using the sub-header "Cummings and goings."
  • askew 23 May 2020 13:57:33 21,302 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    bzzct wrote:
    IMO wrote:
    I know I shouldn't be, but I am genuinely surprised every time I am reminded that we are governed by morons.
    I thinks it's the times when they *even* do shit at the arse-covering/PR/messaging stuff that's surprising.
    I suppose itís hard to judge the room when youíre a sociopath like Cummings who canít relate to normal emotion having human beings
    His best friends are flow charts.
    I was genuinely surprised to learn he had a child.
  • TheSaint 23 May 2020 14:01:56 19,457 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I canít believe I hadnít heard that his wife used thought for the day to sing his praises.

    That should be the final nail in itís coffin. Why do we need religious propaganda in a news program anyway?
  • askew 23 May 2020 14:04:54 21,302 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, and him getting to toot his own horn in his wife's magazine is nicely nepotistic. Urgh. What a fucking crony.
  • chopsen 23 May 2020 14:06:41 20,921 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    askew wrote:
    I was genuinely surprised to learn he had a child.
    Hah. Same.

    *If* both parents were unwell with CV, *and* they needed help from family to look after a young child, *then* the solution would be for the help to come to them. I.e. his family could have justifiably moved in with them and join them in isolation. *Assuming* family didn't have a reason to self isolate at the time.

    It was entirely unjustifiable to drive hundreds of miles with florid CV infection. It really is that simple.
  • Graxlar_v3 23 May 2020 14:12:51 9,902 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So if someone was to steal to house/feed their wife and child... can they point to the uk governments tweets where Ďcaring for your wife and child is not a crimeí...
  • JamboWayOh 23 May 2020 14:13:13 18,736 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    askew wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    bzzct wrote:
    IMO wrote:
    I know I shouldn't be, but I am genuinely surprised every time I am reminded that we are governed by morons.
    I thinks it's the times when they *even* do shit at the arse-covering/PR/messaging stuff that's surprising.
    I suppose itís hard to judge the room when youíre a sociopath like Cummings who canít relate to normal emotion having human beings
    His best friends are flow charts.
    I was genuinely surprised to learn he had a child.
    Me too.
  • d_h1234 23 May 2020 14:24:00 260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    So if someone was to steal to house/feed their wife and child... can they point to the uk governments tweets where Ďcaring for your wife and child is not a crimeí...
    Depends, are you rich and/or a powerful politician?
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.