Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Fuck it, I had heads

Edited by Dougs at 21:36:56 29-06-2020
  • TheSaint 29 Jun 2020 21:40:01 19,577 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Anyone who wants to get their nails done, a haircut or go out and get hammered can just to to the nearest other cities. Theyíve got to do something but the people who live there clearly donít give a fuck.
    You donít know that.
  • Youthist 29 Jun 2020 21:40:19 14,232 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I just canít see how this isnít inevitable everywhere once shit starts to get busy again. There is a distinct lack of anyone giving a fuck now - whereas Mach April and May in general people were far more careful. It also felt that it was around Cummingsgate (what a cunt) that everyone pretty much stopped caring as much.

Johnson has absolutely fucked this and us right up. And he seems blissfully ignorant to this fact.
  • richardiox 29 Jun 2020 21:43:37 8,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hancock on the Leicester Lockdown:

"We've decided that from tomorrow, non-essential retail will have to close and as children have been particularly impacted by this outbreak, schools will also need to close from Thursday"

Children particularly impacted? The same day Gavin Williamson says parents will be fined if they don't send their kids back in September and that schools will be safe? Bearing in mind the children/schools affected in Leicester this past fortnight will be only one third full and the plan for September is to fill all classes it doesn't bode well.

So fucking stressful. I also found out 3 schools in Leeds (where I live) got shut last week due to Covid cases. Again, imagine if all schools were already full...which is actually what the government wanted until the Unions blocked it.

Edit - I'm increasingly of the persuasion that seeing as my kids are just 4 and 1 we're gonna keep them out of education for a while longer.

Edited by richardiox at 21:45:18 29-06-2020
  • beastmaster 29 Jun 2020 21:46:03 20,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    Anyone who wants to get their nails done, a haircut or go out and get hammered can just to to the nearest other cities. Theyíve got to do something but the people who live there clearly donít give a fuck.
    You donít know that.
    I know a few people who live there and they said any kind of social distancing was just non-existent.

Full expect the same sort of thing to happen in Rochdale and Oldham by all accounts.
  • glo 29 Jun 2020 21:46:28 3,685 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Youthist wrote:

Johnson has absolutely fucked this and us right up. And he seems blissfully ignorant to this fact.
    I don't think it's ignorance, I think it's indifference.
  • RGeefe 29 Jun 2020 21:48:49 985 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know Leicester and from what people in the city have said, social distancing just isn't happening. It's also creating some tension and division based on the fact the spikes in cases are in Asian and BME areas.
  • Mr_Sleep 29 Jun 2020 22:11:44 23,340 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I am back to work in retail. It has been a strange experience so far. I will post a bit more tomorrow as there is some interesting stuff I am learning about how the supply chain is fucked up in particular ways at the moment.

Regardless, out of over ten people today only one was wearing a mask and the mask wasn't covering her nose.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Jun 2020 22:25:25 13,547 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I said yesterday I think but seriously BBC, Sky and ITN should all commission reports to air daily next week in which they show people who either have the disease and having a terrible time of who have had it and itís like three months later and they can barely get to the kitchen and back without collapsing with exhaustion. They should show what it looks like in an ICU. They should show people what this illness can and will do to people who catch it.

I feel like the disease itself hasnít really been a feature of the news for weeks if not months now.

Instead weíve got a mounting death toll which is being treating like an abstract countdown to pints oíclock and a vague frustration that itís not as easy to get a tan as it used to be.
  • Not-a-reviewer 29 Jun 2020 22:27:19 6,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Until thereís any encouragement by the government, or better still making them mandatory, a small minority will wear masks. The constant message from the government recently had been thereís nothing to worry about, go out and get pissed, kids can all go to schools and be fine etc. Youíre not going to wear a mask when thatís the message.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 29 Jun 2020 22:32:13 24,942 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    No one's wearing masks because they haven't been told to. Because at a time when the country most needs a strong and respected leader to succinctly lay out a plan to control it and move forward we've got a bumbling fucking cartoon character in charge. A spineless, dishonest blowhard who's bumbled his way through his privileged life and is bumbling his way through this. I would say I wish the cunt had of died when he had it but he would have just been replaced by the next pasty faced sociopath in line.
  • richardiox 29 Jun 2020 22:36:56 8,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Until thereís any encouragement by the government, or better still making them mandatory, a small minority will wear masks. The constant message from the government recently had been thereís nothing to worry about, go out and get pissed, kids can all go to schools and be fine etc. Youíre not going to wear a mask when thatís the message.
    Just the whole #CovidSecure thing is a fucking joke. JD Sports has to be "Covid Secure" before reopening. A classic Cummings-ism
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Jun 2020 22:44:00 13,547 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Iíll hold my hand up and admit I havenít worn a mask when Iíve been outside. But I also havenít left the village in weeks and only ever go to some woods or a playing field when no one is really about.

I had been getting quite relaxed about going to the village co-op but even with their new markings and restrictive one way system thereís been some right twats in there messing it up so Iíve become incredibly selective about if and when I go in.

It feels a bit odd that my lockdown is still so locked down when Mrs Maybe is teaching three days a week and one of my neighbours never stopped working.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Jun 2020 22:45:28 13,547 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The government are absolutely following Cummings eugenic herd immunity plan while Boris just wants the credit for being the PM who let Britain have fun again
  • Dougs 29 Jun 2020 22:49:47 94,086 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Had to get my boiler repaired today. Let the bloke in through the side door, feet away from the boiler. He sorted it out and only spoke to him from about 4m away or outside for less than 5 mins. Wiped every surface and handle down after he left. Wasn't comfortable about it but we now at least have hot water. Christ knows what I'm going to be like when I actually have to go in a shop.
  • Jono62 29 Jun 2020 22:51:02 25,062 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Good luck. Fuckers in the supermarket give you no space.
  • oldskooldeano 29 Jun 2020 23:50:51 3,008 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I wear a mask, dark sunglasses, baseball cap and latex gloves in the supermarket. If someone reaches over for a chicken breast or some broccoli, I look them in the eye, and say, 'stand back, and wait please.' It helps if you convey the the impression you will knock them out if they don't comply.
  • Psychotext 30 Jun 2020 00:12:54 66,953 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nitrous wrote:
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/pub-takeaway-service-sees-people-18500815.amp

Hmm a sign of things to come but I really hope not. The rough pubs round here... Euurrg it's going to be awful isn't it.
    It's pretty much the arse end of the world at the best of times, so no surprise from me here.
  • Bichii 30 Jun 2020 00:33:31 3,092 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've been meeting with friends lately and most have had such a different life over the past few months. I'm one of the first people they've seen out of their own house holds. For me it's bizarre in a way how paranoid they have become.

For me because of shared child share and my job I've been constantly in contact with others. Yeah I'm a bit more sensible now, PPE at work, keep my distance at Sainsbury's and wipe the trolley handle etc but I'm so relaxed when meeting friends but the ones that were furloughed are these paranoid wrecks.
  • richardiox 30 Jun 2020 01:11:42 8,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Bichii

Cabin Fever.

I remember my first big drive after 13 weeks of strict lockdown, not going further than my local park. I was gobsmacked how many people were out and about everywhere. In my head everyone was locked down like me. Actually feel pretty priveledged that myself and my wife can both WFH, food shop online, keep the kids out of nursery etc

Whenever I'm getting paranoid over whether my Amazon parcel might be infected I try to remind myself of all the people who are actually "out there" making a living.
  • Jono62 30 Jun 2020 01:31:43 25,062 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Where I go for my daily walk, was chock full of people two weeks ago. Now, there's hardly anyone around. Guess they've had enough exercise.
  • Psychotext 30 Jun 2020 02:30:49 66,953 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    Where I go for my daily walk, was chock full of people two weeks ago. Now, there's hardly anyone around. Guess they've had enough exercise.
    Ha, have noticed the same thing in the park that's next to my house. Was fucking packed with cyclists / runners / walkers etc... but now they can go shopping etc within the rules, nothing.

Exercise my ass. (Not literally, obviously)
  • X201 30 Jun 2020 05:57:36 20,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    At least you should be able to pick up a cheap bike on eBay this autumn
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2020 06:10:14 13,547 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aah cmon

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/30/new-swine-flu-with-pandemic-potential-identified-by-china-researchers
  • Dougs 30 Jun 2020 06:22:03 94,086 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    They're probably back at work.

It's true that you lose a sense of perspective though. I mean, I know the chance of catching it from post, shopping etc is low. But there's still a risk though,so why take any chances, right? It's mad. I know it's mad.

At least if you've been out and about a lot you've got used to the new normal. Going to take some of us a while....
  • IRWATWO 30 Jun 2020 07:05:41 702 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Aah cmon

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/30/new-swine-flu-with-pandemic-potential-identified-by-china-researchers
    If there's a chance this one kills Johnson, I for one welcome our new etc etc.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Jun 2020 07:10:47 13,547 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not to get all PETA about it but maybe itís time the meat industry had some very serious changes / ended
  • fontgeeksogood 30 Jun 2020 07:12:32 9,718 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's the fuckin STREET FOOD cunts
  • Load_2.0 30 Jun 2020 07:51:24 31,633 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I'm all for reduced meat production and a move to greener more organic processes but the problem here is China. SARS, H79N, Covid.

If as a country they could successfully implement a govt policy that limited reproduction and population growth they can absolutely change the sanitation levels of farming and in the markets.
  • DUFFMAN5 30 Jun 2020 07:55:38 25,868 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Back to work tomorrow, first time since before Pandemic, I was out for a month with Back problems, it will be very strange.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.