challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Wonder if she's single?

https://twitter.com/RebeccaDayMEN/status/1279391930791706624?s=08
    "28"

Edited by Trowel at 14:43:37 04-07-2020
  • Technoishmatt 4 Jul 2020 14:49:37 4,287 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dont think the outdoor protests are a major spread event. Social gatherings in enclosed spaces on the other hand... (PUBS, BARS, CLUBS), plus close work environments...
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2020 14:58:26 67,198 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    HedonBlue wrote:
    Everyone seems absolutely intent on the belief that a significant second wave is incoming, and yet isn't it equally as plausible, even in light of everything, that we may only see a small spike in cases?
    Look at the US. Advance warning of what can happen when lockdown ends completely in places that hadn't reduced the background virus levels to a low enough rate.

We're heading in the right direction (fucking slowly), but the wrong decisions can undo that in a New York minute.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 4 Jul 2020 16:06:58 14,003 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Word is that there’s a pub in town here using cling film in place of Perspex screens to protect the bar
  • RyanDS 4 Jul 2020 16:12:22 13,280 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    At the pub now and it is pretty cool. My mate runs it and is taking it very seriously. 2m distance, sanitiser on tables, only letting limited people in with prebooked tables and security enforcing.

Across the road is wetherspoon which has no restrictions and is scary so basic rule here is no one from there can come in.

Such a visible difference between doing it right and wrong.
  • richardiox 4 Jul 2020 16:19:15 8,721 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    HedonBlue wrote:
    "You think the population has magically become immune to it in the last 3 months?"

No I never said or implied that I just asked a question, so there's no need to be rude.

Everyone seems absolutely intent on the belief that a significant second wave is incoming, and yet isn't it equally as plausible, even in light of everything, that we may only see a small spike in cases?
    What has changed about the virus that means that if we go back to how things were in February we won't get another spike as big as the first? It's just as infectious, not to mention there's actually more community spread now than when we went into lockdown.
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jul 2020 16:24:57 20,059 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    At the pub now and it is pretty cool. My mate runs it and is taking it very seriously. 2m distance, sanitiser on tables, only letting limited people in with prebooked tables and security enforcing.

Across the road is wetherspoon which has no restrictions and is scary so basic rule here is no one from there can come in.

Such a visible difference between doing it right and wrong.
    Why am I not surprised that Spoons isn't taking things seriously.
  • TheSaint 4 Jul 2020 16:24:58 19,706 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    there's actually more community spread now than when we went into lockdown.
    That doesn't sound right.
  • drhickman1983 4 Jul 2020 16:27:43 6,869 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Some of my acquaintances keep saying stuff like "the lockdown can't continue as it is forever" but I'm not sure about that.

Honestly, I could continue like I had don't indefinitely. Maybe it's because as a gamer who hates crowds I can't say I've missed going out all that much, if at all. I could easily keep doing this for a few more months. In fact I plan to.
  • richardiox 4 Jul 2020 17:03:26 8,721 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    there's actually more community spread now than when we went into lockdown.
    That doesn't sound right.
    To be fair it's impossible to say as we're doing way more tests now but when we went into lockdown we were at approx 150 deaths per day, which is not dissimilar to now.
  • Tomo 4 Jul 2020 17:38:28 17,826 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I had a coffee in a cafe today, which felt slightly surreal but also really great. Was lovely to have a slither of normality again. It had a takeaway counter and then 4 or 5 tables sensibly spaced out. And the server sprayed down the areas after people left. It felt very responsible. If pubs can operate in a similar manner it'll be good - just depends if standards slip as people get more and more pissed/blasé.
  • Tomo 4 Jul 2020 17:39:28 17,826 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

Yeah, see this sounds great. Good on your pal.
  • Dougs 4 Jul 2020 17:54:21 94,683 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Tomo wrote:
    If pubs can operate in a similar manner it'll be good - just depends if standards slip as people get more and more pissed/blasé.
    I think we all know the answer to that for most establishments
  • erasr 4 Jul 2020 19:05:32 432 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Such a healthy set of people, us Brits.

I guess Italians, Spanish and French live like this too, and are just as fat as Brits.

Tories’ fault we are fat and unhealthy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8489197/England-braces-pubs-reopen-Super-Saturday-fears-6am-mayhem-calmed.html
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Jul 2020 19:10:42 25,655 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who's fault is it that you're a thick cunt?
  • Load_2.0 4 Jul 2020 19:12:42 31,894 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Hah. It's like the Purge.

That could be the new system. One night a year of pubs and bars being open. Teetotal the remaining 364.
  • eleven63 4 Jul 2020 20:01:23 2,723 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Took the dog for a walk around the 'Village' this lunchtime (yes, Walthamstow has a village) - and it was good to see places open, and a buzz in the air.

All seemed sensible, distanced tables, staff wearing PPE, pretty much all alfresco.

Could have easily had a cheeky pint without worry.

But that was lunchtime....
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2020 20:05:39 67,198 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    We really are a grim lot. That said, anyone who thinks the number of deaths is the fault of the people rather than the government is clearly a bit fucking simple.
  • THFourteen 4 Jul 2020 20:06:47 53,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Some of my acquaintances keep saying stuff like "the lockdown can't continue as it is forever" but I'm not sure about that.

Honestly, I could continue like I had don't indefinitely. Maybe it's because as a gamer who hates crowds I can't say I've missed going out all that much, if at all. I could easily keep doing this for a few more months. In fact I plan to.
    It’s all situational, if I were 25 and living on my own with just work and games to fill my time I’d love it.

As it is I’m ready to kill someone unless this shit ends soon
  • fontgeeksogood 4 Jul 2020 20:09:49 10,031 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Everything here has been open for some time (including gyms). I'm still wearing a mask out, in case of Americans
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2020 20:28:45 67,198 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Are you new to people or something? Not just from this country, fucking everywhere. Yes, people on the whole need to be told what to do... not just the "exceptional" English.
  • THFourteen 4 Jul 2020 20:42:44 53,839 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I actually think we’ve got a higher proportion of people who don’t listen to what they are told to do than other countries.
  • Psychotext 4 Jul 2020 20:50:30 67,198 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    I actually think we’ve got a higher proportion of people who don’t listen to what they are told to do than other countries.
    I'm not convinced. Sounds like the usual "British are different" shit... and we really aren't, aside from some unfortunate lad / pub culture aspects.

HedonBlue wrote:
    So what happens when you need the toilet in the middle of the night? Do you wait for someone to call or do you just wet yourself?
    Yes, that's just like people knowing best practice to avoid infection from a coronavirus. Great comparison, knocked it out of the park.

Edited by Psychotext at 20:51:59 04-07-2020
  • JamboWayOh 4 Jul 2020 20:54:24 20,059 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @HedonBlue

As is standard, who did you use to be then?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.