Coronavirus Page 729

• billythekid 31 Jul 2020 15:32:47 12,497 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
  • beastmaster 31 Jul 2020 17:37:05 20,912 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Itís absolutely bonkers around where I live with Edi celebrations.

Edit: Other random. You can now meet friends and families in beer gardens.

Edited by beastmaster at 17:52:37 31-07-2020
  • oldskooldeano 1 Aug 2020 15:13:36 3,055 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Iíve just come back from my first trip to central Brighton since March. I even went in a Ďspoons for cheap lunch.
    Not too much mask wearing evident, a secret gay pride event happening, and not the best social distancing.
    I feel like Iíve just spun a roulette wheel. I havenít washed my hands so much since I donít know when. I gave it four happy birthdays and a Hail Mary.
  • THFourteen 1 Aug 2020 15:22:56 53,824 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    100% masks in the supermarket this morning
  • oldskooldeano 1 Aug 2020 15:33:46 3,055 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Yeah in shops itís pretty good, but in the streets no. I just canít understand all the people sitting outside cafes and bars (thereís a lot here), no masks, literally hundreds of people walking past them.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 1 Aug 2020 15:40:38 13,966 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sage now raising the question Ďschools or pubsí?
  • TechnoHippy 1 Aug 2020 15:42:07 17,476 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Round here I've not seen anyone inside a shop without a mask (not including staff) which I was pleasantly surprised about. Although there are a few who complain quite vocally about it.
  • THFourteen 1 Aug 2020 15:49:22 53,824 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Yeah in shops itís pretty good, but in the streets no. I just canít understand all the people sitting outside cafes and bars (thereís a lot here), no masks, literally hundreds of people walking past them.
    I guess it depends how busy it is. Our high street isnít busy, I havenít been down it much but I donít wear a mask when Iím on my walks and I just avoid walking near people.
  • creepiest-lizard 1 Aug 2020 15:53:16 1,403 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Good to see even the Germans have their share of morons out protesting lockdown and mask wearing..
  • RGeefe 1 Aug 2020 16:42:22 1,082 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    I guess it depends how busy it is. Our high street isnít busy, I havenít been down it much but I donít wear a mask when Iím on my walks and I just avoid walking near people.
    Even then, numerous experts have said that just walking past someone doesn't do anything. It's close proximity to a person who has it, for a good while.

Hence why I have no interest in going to a pub.
  • Anthony_UK 1 Aug 2020 16:53:07 3,020 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Sage now raising the question Ďschools or pubsí?
    Call me cynical, but I see this as the government realising opening pubs and bars was a bad idea.. so they're going the route of "we don't want to close bars and pubs, but need to for the kids"

Passing through the town I live in last night and glancing on social media, there's little to no social distancing going on after 5 pints (who'd have thought). After what was effectively shutting down Eid in the North West, they'll be looking to do the same for bars and pubs, without looking bad or admitting it was a bad idea in the first place.

Edited by Anthony_UK at 16:53:54 01-08-2020
  • oldskooldeano 1 Aug 2020 18:13:39 3,055 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @RGeefe two people walking past each other outside, yes, airborne transmission is low probability, but if you are sitting at a table where people are constantly walking past, standing and chatting, congregating then you do risk transmission to you and to the surfaces around you, tables, rails etc, and you then touching those surfaces.
  • THFourteen 1 Aug 2020 18:25:31 53,824 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I have stopped licking people who walk past me for the last couple of weeks.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Aug 2020 19:51:30 15,989 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Lot more masks than usual in Tesco but was certainly not 100%.

Saw about 5 staff not wearing masks and 1 couple without who not only did not socially distance but even physically pushed multiple people out their way.

About 7 or 8 with masks over mouths but not noses and a woman with a scarf that kept slipping from her face so much she gave up with it. (Although I guess at least she tried, unlike the previously mentioned couple)
  • askew 1 Aug 2020 20:33:50 21,554 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Heh. They sound like theyíd be rude regardless of mask etiquette.
  • Darth_Flibble 1 Aug 2020 21:13:51 4,311 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago

moron virus has come to Germany, the woman at the start should be put down for everyone's safety as too stupid to live (Just not with gas for obvious reasons) ;)
  • THFourteen 1 Aug 2020 21:55:34 53,824 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    https://www.gosocial.co/many-18-original-m-s-k-toys/

anyone else play with these?
  • WrongShui 1 Aug 2020 22:03:41 6,819 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I had the Thunderhawk, boulder hill and the firecracker, maybe the truck.

And now I have the theme in my head, yay, thanks THFourteen.

Edited by WrongShui at 22:04:23 01-08-2020
  • Mr_Sleep 1 Aug 2020 22:44:38 23,445 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    @RGeefe two people walking past each other outside, yes, airborne transmission is low probability, but if you are sitting at a table where people are constantly walking past, standing and chatting, congregating then you do risk transmission to you and to the surfaces around you, tables, rails etc, and you then touching those surfaces.
    While sitting there a bird might shit on your head and give you sars cov 3! Or a spanner might drop on your head. Or you might get rodgrred by an angry mongoose.
  • KD 1 Aug 2020 22:54:47 2,757 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Boulder Hill and Rhino I remember having.
  • PazJohnMitch 1 Aug 2020 23:01:11 15,989 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You could catch Covid by walking somewhere somebody who had it walked a few minutes before.

And you could spend multiple hours chatting to someone who has it and not catch it.

There is no guarantee. The guidelines are purely based on the probability of transmission. The longer you are next to someone who has it the larger the chance of infection.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 1 Aug 2020 23:38:04 33,021 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Condor, Firefly, Hurricane and Outlaw.

My poor parents.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Aug 2020 06:20:01 23,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ...and now we have a curfew. We can't go outside for more than an hour, and can't be in groups of more than two. Work is going to be very interesting next week (if I even get to go to work lol)

Hindsight is 20/20, but I half wish that restrictions had been this draconian from the beginning. Checkpoints on the roads and all that. If we'd had clear direction, with no loopholes to exploit, we might have had two, three weeks of it and be back to semi-normalcy by now.

But I don't know, just talking out of my arse really. It'd be nice if there was a non-shitty option, but there really isn't.
  • Malek86 2 Aug 2020 07:28:24 10,158 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Mola_Ram who knows. Restrictions have been draconian from the beginning here, but now that they have been weakened, numbers have started rising again. One problem is that a lot of people seem to believe the emergency is over and so have stopped wearing masks in public (thank our government for their muddied messages). The government also decided to allow people from other countries to fly in (due to tourism-related economic concerns), and some of them have eventually tested positive. There's even the matter of a new, big migration wave from Northern Africa, people trying to escape their own virus crisis and inevitably acting as carriers.

Time will tell if we'll have to go back to curfews once the flu season kicks in in a couple months.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 Aug 2020 07:51:12 13,966 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Weíre going to a farm today. Got a spot booked and itís limited numbers and all that but itís still the first activity weíve done since lockdown began.

A friend has been and says itís ok but weíre still going to take lots of precautions.

We donít go to large shops or even into any nearby towns so this is probably the first risk weíve taken other than Mrs Maybe going to work
  • JoelStinty 2 Aug 2020 07:53:50 8,924 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    oldskooldeano wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Lot more masks than usual in Tesco but was certainly not 100%.

Saw about 5 staff not wearing masks and 1 couple without who not only did not socially distance but even physically pushed multiple people out their way.

About 7 or 8 with masks over mouths but not noses and a woman with a scarf that kept slipping from her face so much she gave up with it. (Although I guess at least she tried, unlike the previously mentioned couple)
    The staff where I work had been wearing masks but a majority of them have stopped, including me. Wearing them for 5-10 hours is pretty grim. They make you nauseous and cause headaches and with the current heat and the volume of people around Itís hard going. Felt really unwell after a few full days use. Will put it on if say the chill delivery arrives and Iím in the same spot for an hour but otherwise I leave it now. Feel for nhs staff who have to wear them all the time.

Customer wise itís been pretty much 99.9% of people wearing them which as been good. Unless youíre exempt, There isnít much of an excuse. Youíre in the shop from a couple of minutes to half n hour which is nothing. We do remind customers that donít have them to bring them next time and they all have so far.

With customers complying I donít see it as too much of an issue if staff donít. Risk of transmission has already been severely reduced.

Itís super busy where I live right now. If you seen the pictures of st Ives itís a bit like that (live in porthleven). Village has resembled more of an event day than the usual busy summer day. Itís rammed. Normally have a pint at the ends of the working week but just went straight home
    yesterday.

Edited by JoelStinty at 07:55:54 02-08-2020
  • Load_2.0 2 Aug 2020 08:22:35 31,885 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Mola_Ram what are the flight restrictions like? Assume it's the same as NZ only passport holders?

It's got to be frustrating as Aus was on top of it and so close to having it under control a month or two ago.
  • Bambot 2 Aug 2020 08:34:50 1,821 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    https://www.gosocial.co/many-18-original-m-s-k-toys/

anyone else play with these?
    I LOVED the MASK franchise but didnít have any of the toys I think. Iíd already blown my cash on Heman by then I think.
  • Mola_Ram 2 Aug 2020 09:24:52 23,982 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    @Mola_Ram what are the flight restrictions like? Assume it's the same as NZ only passport holders?

It's got to be frustrating as Aus was on top of it and so close to having it under control a month or two ago.
    I think there's talk of creating a sort of "travel bubble" between safe countries like NZ and, say, small Pacific Island nations like Vanuatu that rely on tourism. And maybe some parts of Australia. No idea how that's going to happen; I imagine people would need to get tests and certificates to prove that they're virus-free before being able to go anywhere.

But right now there's very little chance of getting out. I guess returning citizens might be able to get in, but I imagine there would be restrictions, enforced quarantining, etc.
  • ZuluHero 2 Aug 2020 10:21:40 8,926 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    People not wearing masks properly is really starting to wind me up now.

Went to a couple of shops yesterday and counted 23 with their noses sticking out, 10 with lose fittings so their nose and mouth were exposed, and 1 guy just wearing it on his chin!!

I mean what's the bloody point of even bothering?

I get that's uncomfortable, I don't like wearing mine, it's hot, the moisture around my mouth annoys me, people can't understand what I'm saying, but I suffer that to protect other people. When I see people who clearly don't care it makes me to not even bother. Why should I wear mine to help others when they can't reciprocate?

People. What a load of bastards.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.