Following Coronavirus Page 919

• RichDC 19 Nov 2020 12:46:54 8,954 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The whole 'relax the rules for Christmas in exchange for more lockdown' thing will empower all the 'it's a hoax' cunts.
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2020 12:53:05 83,748 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Its crazy. Its not a fucking trade negotiation, its a pandemic. Corona isn’t just going to give us a break for Christmas in exchange for making January a pain in the arse.
  • Decks 19 Nov 2020 12:54:49 27,688 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's pathetic. Especially this close to a vaccine.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Nov 2020 12:59:52 15,395 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was lost at the start of the summer if not before but the government and media need to clearly frame these restrictions as public health interventions not punishments

The headlines are always about ‘escaping’ higher tiers and ‘enforcement’ which probably doesn’t help people understand why the recommendations are what they are and how the government has implemented them
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2020 13:02:35 83,748 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    God, I wish there was a swear word that rhymed with ‘grinch’
  • Dougs 19 Nov 2020 13:03:48 96,721 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Just show some fucking leadership FFS
  • nickthegun 19 Nov 2020 13:05:27 83,748 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Jesus, can you imagine the bloodbath if it looked like a labour government were going to cancel christmas?
  • IRWATWO 19 Nov 2020 13:12:29 824 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The only leadership issue Pifflecunt understands is he has to have an election in a few years. Until then, as per PMQs yesterday, fuck everyone who isn't him. In the ear.
    All everyone had to do was go back to school, college uni and work and not put the R rate up and he could have claimed victory and got back to trawling PR events for the next Carrie. Our fault.
  • beastmaster 19 Nov 2020 13:15:26 21,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The thing that winds me up the most are the Lockdown posts saying it isn't working". It's not working because you dumb mutherfuckers are doing whatever the fuck you want.

I seriously think we've got another 3-4 years of this before things settle down. Lost all hope.

Edited by beastmaster at 13:16:01 19-11-2020
  • Dougs 19 Nov 2020 13:23:24 96,721 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Its crazy. Its not a fucking trade negotiation, its a pandemic. Corona isn’t just going to give us a break for Christmas in exchange for making January a pain in the arse.
    It's very Trumpist. Everything is a deal to be negotiated. It's well weird.
  • Trowel 19 Nov 2020 13:37:47 23,963 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think it's great to give people a chance to see their grandparents twice over the holidays - once on Christmas Day, and once at their funeral.
  • arty 19 Nov 2020 13:57:15 776 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    With schools/uni's off it's actually the ideal time to lockdown even harder.

Seriously, who wants to visit their inlaws anyway.
  • Deleted user 19 November 2020 13:59:45
    arty wrote:
    With schools/uni's off it's actually the ideal time to lockdown even harder.

Seriously, who wants to visit their inlaws anyway.
    Exactly. I'm fully down with not seeing any cunt this year. I can stay at home, eat a big dinner, drink some nice booze, play some games.

No awkward sat around the table with a load of wankers.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 19 Nov 2020 14:01:37 15,395 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    The thing that winds me up the most are the Lockdown posts saying it isn't working". It's not working because you dumb mutherfuckers are doing whatever the fuck you want.
    Yeah Ive got a couple of these on facebook.

One was mad she couldn’t get her daughter’s fringe trimmed cos the woman who’d been doing home hairdressing had got sick

WONDER HOW THAT HAPPENED?!
  • Dougs 19 Nov 2020 14:07:56 96,721 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Expect this (misleading) reporting by the Speccie to rear its head on the socials.

https://twitter.com/michaelgoodier/status/1329396424166027266
  • Dave_McCoy 19 Nov 2020 14:11:22 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We probably wouldn't need five more days of fake lockdown if they actually got people to stay at home. Most of the shops are open! Even the Xmas shop at the bottom of our shopping strip is open. Lockdowns do work when are exactly that.

Instead we half arse it and help destroy small businesses and pubs/cafes that weren't allowed to loophole it and inevitably stay shut for longer.

I am glad to have job but I'm pissed off with the government and our governing body at work for allowing us to carry on as normal, therefore endangering more people and prolonging 'lockdown'.
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Nov 2020 19:40:50 4,629 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Sadly exactly this, the thick cunts will not wear a mask or "its the flu innit?" then moan lockdown isn't working, moan about business closing eg one moaning smoothbrain on another forum is bitching "governments killing cinema"
    but he will never work a mask or they do whatever they want something something "muh freedum" also they tend to be conspiracy nutcases

Lockdowns could be avoided if 95% of people wore masks, says WHO

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/11/19/europe/coronavirus-europe-lockdown-tiers-intl/index.html
  • X201 19 Nov 2020 21:03:04 21,012 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    BBC2 now peeps

Lockdown 1.0 : Following the Science?

iPlayer link for anyone who missed it
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000pjr1/lockdown-10-following-the-science

Edited by X201 at 06:56:22 20-11-2020
  • Knighty 20 Nov 2020 06:52:44 1,177 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Jesus, that Express headline today.
    ‘Brave bojo battles belligerent boffins!’

(It doesn’t actually say that mind).

Fucking experts....
  • Mola_Ram 20 Nov 2020 07:08:09 24,904 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    We're still on zero new cases, but I'm still fucking paranoid. People are having massive beach parties, and another state has just had a new cluster of cases.

I don't think people are going to listen anymore. Even masks seem to be largely an optional thing, even though wearing them is a law right now.

I'm glad that we're (so far) doing a lot better than other countries. But I think I'm going to remain paranoid until a vaccine is a thing.
  • Darth_Flibble 20 Nov 2020 09:06:59 4,629 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Someone posted a link on facebook this morning about "saying no to vaccines in the UK" for the usual paranoid reasons, reported the link and unfriend them (don't use FB very often but got a notification my phone for some reason that small mcdickhead posted a link)

I think its time to inject covid deniers with covid and see if then they think its "fake virus" or "just the flu innit"
  • Dave_McCoy 20 Nov 2020 10:19:41 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Someone posted a link on facebook this morning about "saying no to vaccines in the UK" for the usual paranoid reasons, reported the link and unfriend them (don't use FB very often but got a notification my phone for some reason that small mcdickhead posted a link)

I think its time to inject covid deniers with covid and see if then they think its "fake virus" or "just the flu innit"
    I think unfriending is properly the only course of action. You can't argue with stupid. Fake virus and deniers are just people that haven't had it affect their own bubble and because they are selfish and its probably giving them a minor inconvenience in some way they then have decided it isn't real.

....Pricks
  • X201 20 Nov 2020 10:43:31 21,012 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I’ve just been watching Prof. David Spiegelhalter on BBC News channel, he should be available on the NHS. More common sense and clarity in five minutes than a lifetime of the blonde fluff ball (as my niece calls him) in Downing Street
  • Graxlar_v3 20 Nov 2020 11:30:48 10,673 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Son was coughing a little last night and was a bit warm. A bit of calpol fixed him right up and this time last year he would have been absolutely fine to go back to nursery.

This year though... off down to the local covid centre and keeping him home for 3-5 days (apparently that is how long test results take now)

Edited by Graxlar_v3 at 11:30:57 20-11-2020
  • DaM 20 Nov 2020 12:12:06 17,540 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Son was coughing a little last night and was a bit warm. A bit of calpol fixed him right up and this time last year he would have been absolutely fine to go back to nursery.

This year though... off down to the local covid centre and keeping him home for 3-5 days (apparently that is how long test results take now)
    We had the same last Monday. Calpol did sort him out pronto, but got a test anyway. Positive result on the Tuesday (it's about 14 hours in Scotland but we use NHS testing, not private companies :) ), back at school today. The rest of us still have to quarantine till Tuesday.

We made him stay in his room/adjoining study where his PC lives. No one else has symptoms. If anyone does before Tues, we have to get a test and quarantine starts again...will not be impressed!
  • dfunked09 20 Nov 2020 12:14:01 1,028 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Do they make adult calpol? That sounds like some good shit right there!
  • DaM 20 Nov 2020 12:14:59 17,540 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Just got a Facebook ad for a local pharmacy offering HPV vaccines. The responses were completely insane. Apparently it's fatal, makes girls infertile, damages the brain, the "most deadliest vaccine".

I'm not sure if anyone has told them that all S1 pupils get it....

This nuttery is going to intensify as the CV19 vaccine rolls out. The anti-vaxxers all seem to be anti-lockdown/Covidhoaxers.

Edited by DaM at 12:15:13 20-11-2020
  • DaM 20 Nov 2020 12:27:10 17,540 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    dfunked09 wrote:
    Do they make adult calpol? That sounds like some good shit right there!
    He's probably a bit old...he likes the Fast Melts.

Given it's miraculous curing properties, I think everyone should carry a bottle around to have a quick swig when feeling a bit rough.
  • General_Martok 20 Nov 2020 14:21:10 1,521 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    According to this from the BBC, the UK should have 10 million doses of the Pfizer Vaccine by the end of the year.

That's enough for 5m people, that should be enough for front line NHS workers.
  • Psychotext 20 Nov 2020 14:25:48 68,274 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    According to this from the BBC, the UK should have 10 million doses of the Pfizer Vaccine by the end of the year.

That's enough for 5m people, that should be enough for front line NHS workers.
    Until some some half arsed Tory contractor unplugs something and destroys 4m doses.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.