Following Coronavirus Page 920

• Psychotext 20 Nov 2020 16:03:49 68,274 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    WELP, that's the end of Wales's improvement in case numbers.

1,020 today vs 797 last Friday.

Three day average at 902 now vs 864 last Friday.
    Seven day average at 939 now vs 810 last Friday.

10 days out of lockdown...

Edited by Psychotext at 16:15:23 20-11-2020
  • sorry 20 Nov 2020 22:05:48 4 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cases in 15 of the 22 Welsh local authorities have fallen since last week ...

However Newport and Monmouthshire seem to be experiencing their peak now.

The fluctuation is regional, hopefully nothing to do with end of lockdown.
  • Psychotext 20 Nov 2020 22:42:29 68,274 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The bars and restaurants are fucking rammed in Wales at the moment... so yeah, only really getting worse from this point I'd argue.
  • swede 20 Nov 2020 23:15:28 583 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Post deleted
  • elstoof 21 Nov 2020 07:46:42 26,254 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I’m one of those cunts who “has a laugh” with the staff at the shop counter, so when the lad in the hardware shop said he was glad it’s the weekend I asked if he was going to the pub. Apparently I was right, “yeah, takeaway though, get a couple and sit in the car innit, it’s alright, not the same but it’ll do”
  • sport 21 Nov 2020 07:53:05 16,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    I’m one of those cunts who “has a laugh” with the staff at the shop counter
    And there I thought you were one of the good ones.
  • JamboWayOh 21 Nov 2020 08:46:51 21,665 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hang on, is user Elstoof actually Alan Partridge?
  • sport 21 Nov 2020 09:30:25 16,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    "How about that covid, huh?"
  • JamboWayOh 21 Nov 2020 09:32:24 21,665 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    "Nice selection of pasties you have here."
  • fontgeeksogood 21 Nov 2020 10:11:30 11,269 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wait

You have takeaway pubs now
  • souvlaki 21 Nov 2020 10:15:29 1,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    Wait

You have takeaway pubs now
    It was popular in the summer As a way for pubs to remain doing some sales. Especially for those near village greens or parks etc.
  • beastmaster 21 Nov 2020 10:21:13 21,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Quite a few cafes near us that are doing take outs but have outside seating. So people are just sitting there enjoying their coffee and chatting away like nothing’s going on.
  • sport 21 Nov 2020 10:39:16 16,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The trend on my high street is for coffee shops and the odd restaurant to set up large flower boxes along the perimeter of their parking bay (on the high street). Then chuck a couple of tables and chairs just inside. People are sitting within a metre from traffic. And it isn't some quaint, quiet high street, this is bloody Finchley Road.
  • Youthist 21 Nov 2020 10:48:18 14,415 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Quite a few cafes near us that are doing take outs but have outside seating. So people are just sitting there enjoying their coffee and chatting away like nothing’s going on.
    I am not sure there is too much wrong with sitting down outside as long as they don’t sit on top of each / keep apart.
  • Jono62 21 Nov 2020 11:01:37 26,002 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sport wrote:
    The trend on my high street is for coffee shops and the odd restaurant to set up large flower boxes along the perimeter of their parking bay (on the high street). Then chuck a couple of tables and chairs just inside. People are sitting within a metre from traffic. And it isn't some quaint, quiet high street, this is bloody Finchley Road.
    Why do you HATE the high street?
  • beastmaster 21 Nov 2020 11:05:58 21,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Youthist wrote:
    beastmaster wrote:
    I am not sure there is too much wrong with sitting down outside as long as they don’t sit on top of each / keep apart.
    No. It’s all very civilised but I’m guessing the owners could get a hefty fine if they’re seen as breaking the rules.
  • sport 21 Nov 2020 11:06:18 16,478 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    sport wrote:
    Ha, I actually quite like it. In fact, the current Google Local ad featuring Anthony Joshua is filmed on it.
  • EMarkM 21 Nov 2020 11:14:15 5,344 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    sport wrote:
    All the fucking street food.
  • mfnick 21 Nov 2020 11:45:29 2 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    But aren’t we in a national lockdown where you should only be leaving the house for ‘essential’ travel or for work if you can’t from home? Surely going out for a street coffee doesn’t meet those requirements? Just proves how much of a joke this ‘lockdown’ is.

May as well leave pubs and restaurants open as well then if they had a outside area if that’s the case.
  • richardiox 21 Nov 2020 12:10:43 9,176 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @mfnick

In France, every one of these people needing their "essential" latte's and browsing of shops would get on the spot cash fines. They would all need a permit to even be out the house.

In France their infection rate is plummeting, basically dropped by 50% 2 weeks after their version of lockdown. In the UK our rate has dropped by about 3% 2 weeks after our version of lockdown.

Go figure!

Then again, the French famously hate their freedom and liberty so it makes sense.

So frustrating that both lockdowns will be causing significant economic damage, but the French one is actually serving a purpose. The Tories have basically left it to the public. A public bombarded with mixed messages and who (like must societies) won't follow the rules unless there's an obvious punishment and the incentive of saving lives and getting society back to normal clearly isn't enough.... because for a lot of these people society is normal as they're just ignoring guidelines.

Said to my wife last week that lockdown can't be effective as all the people who were following the rules and being careful will carry on doing so in lockdown. All the Covid deniers and rule breakers will just carry on in lockdown.

It's pretty much now down to a police enforcement issue and I know for a fact here in Leeds the police aren't taking action against those breaking the rules (work colleagues Dad is really high up in West Yorkshire police).
  • TheSaint 21 Nov 2020 12:30:01 20,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @richardiox

I’m not sure that’s right. You could still go and grab a take away coffee from Starbucks in France as you can here.
  • TheSaint 21 Nov 2020 12:32:34 20,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You would just get the coffee while out on your daily exercise.
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Nov 2020 12:36:37 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    richardiox wrote:

It's pretty much now down to a police enforcement issue and I know for a fact here in Leeds the police aren't taking action against those breaking the rules (work colleagues Dad is really high up in West Yorkshire police).
    It's the same in Sheffield. As soon as 'lockdown' hit I haven't seen a police officer, a PCSO or a City Ambassador at all on our high street so I just get to watch (and listen) to buskers daily, one of which stinks our practice out with weed, people popping in to WH Smiths, people just sitting on benches, etc etc, with no likelihood of even a slap on the wrist. All whilst I see 40+ people a day for their 'essential' routine eye tests. One of the buskers is a known anti lockdown/anti vax that is often protesting at the top of the street so he gets his cronies gathered around him when he busks too.

Fuck this country and the soft touch government.
  • Darth_Flibble 21 Nov 2020 13:58:56 4,629 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Most people do whatever the fuck they want, with Boris and his lack of leadership and other degenerates in cabinet positions, the UK has gone down hill even more in 2020. Shame we don't have a PM with a brain, Cameron may have fucked a pigs head at eton but I think he would of been a better leader for 2020.

Imo Boris does not want to upset the thick covid deniers/anti-lockdown/anti mask lot as farage's cunt party would scoop all them for next election
  • JamboWayOh 21 Nov 2020 14:15:22 21,665 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    My mind still boggles that protecting people from possible death is a political thing.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Nov 2020 14:18:16 15,395 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Boris is essentially the worst possible PM we could have in this situation.

Thatcher, Blair and even Brown would have been able to bring the country with them through force of personality and seriousness.

Cameron and May at the very least had senses of duty and responsibility over some issues.

Boris is a void whose top adviser had believers in eugenics on his team
  • Darth_Flibble 21 Nov 2020 15:11:59 4,629 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I think it was trump who made a political thing and his follows are the dumb idiots that would follow the orange cunt over a cliff. As for the UK, shit PM plus covid deniers seem to be trump supporters/antivax types, its one big venn diagram
  • Trowel 21 Nov 2020 15:41:42 23,963 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    "What is your message to people who find wearing masks uncomfortable and annoying?"
  • drhickman1983 21 Nov 2020 16:58:41 7,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe

In the specific and unique case of Covid 19 I think Thatcher would have handled it well. She was very good at listening to scientists (case in point - one of the only things she did that I consider good was to take climate change seriously) and she'd have no issue being Draconian.
  • drhickman1983 21 Nov 2020 17:03:42 7,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    I think it was trump who made a political thing and his follows are the dumb idiots that would follow the orange cunt over a cliff. As for the UK, shit PM plus covid deniers seem to be trump supporters/antivax types, its one big venn diagram
    Conspiracy theorists too have made it pseudo political. The NWO and WHO and Bill Gates want to CONTROL US. To what end and why nobody seems to know .

But yeah, part of that Venn diagram of dumbassness.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.