Following Coronavirus Page 921

• drhickman1983 21 Nov 2020 17:03:44 7,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    I think it was trump who made a political thing and his follows are the dumb idiots that would follow the orange cunt over a cliff. As for the UK, shit PM plus covid deniers seem to be trump supporters/antivax types, its one big venn diagram
    Conspiracy theorists too have made it pseudo political. The NWO and WHO and Bill Gates want to CONTROL US. To what end and why nobody seems to know .

But yeah, part of that Venn diagram of dumbassness.
  • Psychotext 21 Nov 2020 17:15:13 68,274 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wales 3 day and 7 day averages up once more... not looking like a blip.
  • beastmaster 21 Nov 2020 17:26:56 21,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    I think it was trump who made a political thing and his follows are the dumb idiots that would follow the orange cunt over a cliff. As for the UK, shit PM plus covid deniers seem to be trump supporters/antivax types, its one big venn diagram
    Conspiracy theorists too have made it pseudo political. The NWO and WHO and Bill Gates want to CONTROL US. To what end and why nobody seems to know .
    Itís so that they can put micro chips into us and put all our cash into them, so we are a cashless society. And if/when we donít comply to what the government tells us...they turn the chip off. This is the New World Order.

I did point out to the person that posted this that Bill Gates has cloned himself a million times over and has shrunk himself. So when we get injected we will all have a tiny Bill Gates in us like the capsule from Innerspace.

I was accused of not being in touch with reality.

Edited by beastmaster at 17:27:17 21-11-2020
  • drhickman1983 21 Nov 2020 17:28:24 7,228 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frankly id be up for that cashless society. It sounds cool.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 17:28:36 21-11-2020
  • Deleted user 21 November 2020 17:38:31
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Homeless people might disagree with you...
  • askew 21 Nov 2020 18:00:04 22,180 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They'd still get an RFID chip. The government might not house them (LET THE MARKET DECIDE), but they'll definitely chip them.
  • Not-a-reviewer 21 Nov 2020 18:06:10 6,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Aramil47 wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    Homeless people might disagree with you...
    Most are already cashless.
  • anephric 21 Nov 2020 18:15:20 4,569 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    So when we get injected we will all have a tiny Bill Gates in us like the capsule from Innerspace.
    That might be preferable to the original since Dennis Quaid is a Trumper these days.
  • challenge_hanukkah 21 Nov 2020 18:24:56 13,314 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I knew Randy was a cunt but not Dennis, not you man!
  • Dougs 21 Nov 2020 20:33:48 96,721 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    That is very disappointing news
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Nov 2020 22:39:25 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New tier shit system

I have lost all hope. What a bunch of fucking morons
  • KRadiation 21 Nov 2020 23:25:02 1,664 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't even think the lockdown we are on now is much more strict than tier 3 was.
    Other than the places that are actually closed .. whats different? You just can't go INTO some shops but you can still go out and mingle with strangers outside the shops?

At least they've managed to negotiate with the virus to give us Christmas off.
  • Syrette 21 Nov 2020 23:27:30 50,935 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Can't get my head around the seemingly desperate need to really relax things over Christmas.
  • nickthegun 21 Nov 2020 23:44:24 83,748 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Itís 100% because they are terrified of the absolute savaging the right wing press press would give them and their legacy as the people so fucking useless they had to cancel Christmas.

There is literally no reasoning behind it other than optics.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 21 Nov 2020 23:57:35 15,395 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:
    I don't even think the lockdown we are on now is much more strict than tier 3 was.
    Other than the places that are actually closed .. whats different? You just can't go INTO some shops but you can still go out and mingle with strangers outside the shops?

At least they've managed to negotiate with the virus to give us Christmas off.
    I havenít seen any difference in Lockdown 2 from what was happening any other weekend since the first one fell apart back in April. I passed an ice cream shop which had a queue at 3:30 this afternoon as the sun was starting to set.
  • X201 22 Nov 2020 06:23:58 21,012 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Can't get my head around the seemingly desperate need to really relax things over Christmas.
    Tories need their members club/golf club to open with relaxed rules in time for Christmas, so they can use it as an excuse while they visit their mistress/rent boy for a Christmas shag instead.
  • Dougs 22 Nov 2020 07:04:57 96,721 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:

This is it. Stricter tiers is just met with a shrug by me.

Nick is right that it is all about not being the ones to cancel Christmas. And we are all back to making our own choices. Just because you can, doesn't mean you should is my motto at the moment.

Edited by Dougs at 07:05:05 22-11-2020
  • djronz. 22 Nov 2020 07:15:54 448 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Dougs Totally agree, people seem intent to find any loop hole they can to circumvent the measures put in place. Although these measures are mostly bollocks they seem unable to understand the basic principle that if you want this shit to go away... Stop fucking spreading it around you morons!
  • BigOrkWaaagh 22 Nov 2020 07:53:56 9,927 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I find it pretty crazy that we had a lockdown right before Eid, I received an email from the council saying Diwali is going to be different this year, and yet we are absolutely bending over backwards to allow people to do whatever the fuck they want over Christmas week. I can't believe more isn't being made of it honestly.
  • Not-a-reviewer 22 Nov 2020 08:13:05 6,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Whoís going to make more of it? Very little of the press or public care about those, 90%+ of the country have celebrated Christmas every single year of their lives.

I get why people want it to all be a normal Christmas but nearly all would have been persuaded with strong messaging from the government and some of the press. Instead they want the outrage and something else about patriotism, a Christian country and the war.
  • nickthegun 22 Nov 2020 08:32:18 83,748 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yeah, you could have framed it as Ďour blitzí, told people it was their patriotic duty to stay at home and promised us an extra bank holiday next Christmas if we are in the clear.

They picked Boris because heís, apparently, relatable and an expert orator. If they donít think he can get that message across, whatís the fucking point of him?
  • TheSaint 22 Nov 2020 09:03:15 20,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    His biggest issue at the moment is his own MPs:

https://twitter.com/bethrigby/status/1330432350837235715?s=21

A poll yesterday said the British public would actually prefer to keep restrictions over Christmas than have five days off and then more lockdown in January.

Edited by TheSaint at 09:03:36 22-11-2020
  • beastmaster 22 Nov 2020 09:10:03 21,684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So even in Tier 3, we can now go for a meal and have a few pints.
  • richardiox 22 Nov 2020 10:02:03 9,176 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    His biggest issue at the moment is his own MPs:

https://twitter.com/bethrigby/status/1330432350837235715?s=21

A poll yesterday said the British public would actually prefer to keep restrictions over Christmas than have five days off and then more lockdown in January.
    Nothing worse than people who acknowledge the severity of the pandemic but then dismiss using state level interventions / lockdowns as a solution WITHOUT coming up with an alternative.

Unless their alternative is actually just "take it on the chin and let hundreds of thousands die" but they know they can't actually print that.

The "solution can't be worse than the cure" narrative is disingenuous as even if we opt for their "solution" of no lockdown, survival of the fittest, leave prevention to the people - then they'll still be massive social, health and economic consequences. But with all those deaths. Hospitals would be overrun. What's the ERG solution to that?

The worst bit, knowing the characters involved it's highly likely their core motivation is protecting the value of their hedge fund assets.
  • TheSaint 22 Nov 2020 10:07:07 20,106 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They werenít so keen on cost benefit analysis when people wanted to do one for Brexit, not to mention they always argued that was worth nuking the economy for.

Itís pretty safe to say that if you are on the same side on an issue as the erg/crg then itís the wrong side.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 22 Nov 2020 10:07:54 21,390 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I do wish people would stop comparing Hanukkah/Divali/Eid etc to Christmas to score points. Christmas is a secular event thatís meaningful to far more people in this country than any religious event, including many that do celebrate those other occasions.

Not that Iím supporting a Christmas easing, I just donít like it when people pretend to show solidarity with minorities to suit their unrelated agenda.
  • Darth_Flibble 22 Nov 2020 10:22:38 4,629 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Get ready for Lockdown 3.0 in Late Jan/early feb then. The government know people will do whatever they want and boris does not want to be seen as "cancelling christmas"
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Nov 2020 10:35:02 15,395 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    So even in Tier 3, we can now go for a meal and have a few pints.
    If those options are on the table alongside education being open we might as well not bother with measures
  • Dave_McCoy 22 Nov 2020 10:54:29 3,339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:

They say that but are actually going out and mixing like pricks instead of following the rules now. The public pretend they want one thing then do another.
  • Not-a-reviewer 22 Nov 2020 10:58:16 6,642 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Get ready for Lockdown 3.0 in Late Jan/early feb then. The government know people will do whatever they want and boris does not want to be seen as "cancelling christmas"
    Iím still waiting for lockdown 2.0.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.