Following Coronavirus Page 1216

• Rogueywon 2 May 2021 09:41:46 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Looks like it's going to be the US, not France, that ends up as the vaccine refusal epicentre. I think the difference might be that in France, the reported hesistency is mostly just down to generalised fear and distrust, which can be overcome, while in the US it now looks like embedded political fuckwittery.

I really don't understand the Republicans on this one. In among all of Trump's many, many, many fuckups, the one thing he did right on Covid was investing in vaccine development and production early. So now the Republican voters turn around and shit on the one thing their guy got right?
  • creepiest-lizard 2 May 2021 09:53:59 2,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The republican voters (and politicians) have always been fucking nuts. And stupid. Its pretty much a prerequisite to adhere to that branch of politics.
    Well, along with the racism, sexism, homophobia, godbothering and greed, of course.
  • Darth_Flibble 2 May 2021 10:00:13 5,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The QAnon party is not known for being sane. Surprised the US invested any many in vaccines, trump would of sold them magic beans instead.
  • Reacher 2 May 2021 10:13:55 3,092 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Well, I sure feel like shit today.
  • Darth_Flibble 2 May 2021 11:26:30 5,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The "social media influencer" aka talentless parasite is being deported from Bali for going around Bali with painted on face mask
  • SnowmanRR 2 May 2021 15:15:48 272 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Keep checking but still no appointments anywhere near me, then a friend in a neighbouring town same age managed to book his in the same town - how do I complain to Matt Hancock??
  • IMO 2 May 2021 15:37:47 7,636 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    SnowmanRR wrote:
    Keep checking but still no appointments anywhere near me, then a friend in a neighbouring town same age managed to book his in the same town - how do I complain to Matt Hancock??
    Do you own shares that you can give him?
  • Rogueywon 2 May 2021 16:42:58 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Looks like we might hit the halfway point next week, in terms of "vaccines given to the adult population". On current trend, we'll hit roughly two thirds with one dose and one third with two doses. Still a long way to go.
  • Vortex808 2 May 2021 16:46:59 15,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Reacher wrote:
    Well, I sure feel like shit today.
    You'll hopefully be grand by tomorrow.

My shit-fest eased after 18hrs or so. It does get better honest!
  • richardiox 2 May 2021 17:17:28 9,699 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Looks like we might hit the halfway point next week, in terms of "vaccines given to the adult population". On current trend, we'll hit roughly two thirds with one dose and one third with two doses. Still a long way to go.
    Turned out to be really fortuitous that our vaccine rollout coincided with a solid 4 months lockdown and gradual easing. Read something yesterday that on the current trend we will achieve herd immunity through vaccinations and prior infection around late June. Having transmission levels as low as they are (and still dropping week to week,. only just) had given us some much needed breathing space.

The most interesting thing at the moment is that nearly 70% of all daily cases are in the under 40s population
  • Rogueywon 2 May 2021 17:23:05 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @richardiox It's too early to say for certain, but the decision to space jabs by 12 weeks (which I was uncomfortable with at the time) also looks like it might have been the right one. With around 6 in 10 adults having at least some form of immunity, it looks like the virus is finding it harder to spread.

I'd expected the cases to start rising again a week or so after the shops opened. Instead, as you say, they're stable or still in slight decline.
  • askew 2 May 2021 17:40:45 23,262 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    The most interesting thing at the moment is that nearly 70% of all daily cases are in the under 40s population
    I wonder why that might beÖ
  • TheSaint 2 May 2021 17:49:05 20,677 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I still think itís appalling that they didnít vaccinate all school staff before they went back. Just shows the contempt the government has for people that work in education.
  • Youthist 2 May 2021 17:56:39 14,520 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    I still think itís appalling that they didnít vaccinate all school staff before they went back. Just shows the contempt the government has for people that work in education.
    I disagree on that one. For every teacher getting the jab under the danger age is someone above 50 not getting one early and so a bigger risk of ending up in hospital. I think they way they called that one made sense to me.
  • SolidSCB 2 May 2021 18:24:18 15,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone get really bad fatigue after AZ? I feel pretty much fine in myself now but doing anything that involves getting off my arse is wiping me out.
  • creepiest-lizard 2 May 2021 18:29:59 2,428 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @SolidSCB
    Yeah, same here. had it on thursday and still just feel generally knackered and lacking in energy.
  • Vortex808 2 May 2021 19:01:22 15,143 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    @SolidSCB
    Yeah, same here. had it on thursday and still just feel generally knackered and lacking in energy.
    Had mine Thursday too, and a wild ride on the side effects, but was in the gym yesterday and a 30km zwift cycle today, so guess my energy levels are ok!

Muscles feel fucked after the gym though. Tomorrow is going to be purgatory.
  • Dougs 2 May 2021 20:30:24 99,139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    2nd (Pfizer) vaccine booked for Friday. Look forward to a ruined weekend (although didn't have any adverse reaction the first)
  • SnowmanRR 2 May 2021 20:59:30 272 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @IMO Been through my files and found some Woolworths shares, surely thatíll tempt himÖ
  • Bichii 2 May 2021 21:03:15 4,541 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    2nd jab this morning. Feel like shit again. Shivering, every muscle hurts. It feels like I've been beaten up from head to toe.
  • Darth_Flibble 3 May 2021 09:10:39 5,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    got extra pack of paracetamol incase I did it any aches, fever like symptoms after my 1st jab after wednesday. Not looking forward to possible aches and pains but small price.

Apparently the anti-vax inhuman garbage are demanding the vaccinated, not to give blood. (no doubt they "think" the 5G blood cells will infect others)
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 09:20:07 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble The trio of anti-vax nutters who sometimes stand around in the market square here have a new one: the vaccine is designed to destroy your immune system, so the population can be left vulnerable to a future man-made plague that will be used to herd us all like cattle. Apparently they're already giving it to kids in secret.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 3 May 2021 09:22:27 10,448 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble The trio of anti-vax nutters who sometimes stand around in the market square here have a new one: the vaccine is designed to destroy your immune system, so the population can be left vulnerable to a future man-made plague that will be used to herd us all like cattle. Apparently they're already giving it to kids in secret.
    Is that better or worse than being vulnerable to this natural plague?
  • Darth_Flibble 3 May 2021 09:24:55 5,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Rogueywon

you need to pay some kids to shoot them with air rifles ;) or some paintball drive by shooting eurogamer style ;)

I honestly don't know how you and your dad put up with them when volunteering there
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 09:34:38 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Is that better or worse than being vulnerable to this natural plague?
    No, no, apparently this plague is a fake one. All the scenes from hospitals, India, Brazil etc are made on a film-set. It's all about clearing the way for the real plague that's being cooked up.

Not sure they've thought this one through.
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 09:37:09 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Rogueywon

you need to pay some kids to shoot them with air rifles ;) or some paintball drive by shooting eurogamer style ;)

I honestly don't know how you and your dad put up with them when volunteering there
    My dad's at the other end of the country, but they've had a much easier time since he was assaulted the other week. That wasn't by an anti-vaxer, just an angry idiot wanting to get to 'Spoons as fast as possible, but they've had the police drop by more often since then.

There's a regular local trio of anti-vaxers down here. One of them I recognise - he's always there whenever there's some small-scale local protest stall thing, whatever the cause. They were passing out books - actual books they'd handmade - a few weeks back. Kicking myself that I didn't take one as I bet it was fucking hilarious.
  • Darth_Flibble 3 May 2021 09:42:34 5,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @Rogueywon

My dad's at the other end of the country, but they've had a much easier time since he was assaulted the other week. That wasn't by an anti-vaxer, just an angry idiot wanting to get to 'Spoons as fast as possible, but they've had the police drop by more often since then.
    Glad your dad is having easier time while helping out

There's a regular local trio of anti-vaxers down here. One of them I recognise - he's always there whenever there's some small-scale local protest stall thing, whatever the cause. They were passing out books - actual books they'd handmade - a few weeks back. Kicking myself that I didn't take one as I bet it was fucking hilarious
    No doubt they have done their own drawings that did in crayons (assuming they have any wax crayons left they didn't munch on) No doubt they will be back handing more books out and you have to put on disguise and get one and upload for us to laugh at
  • Rogueywon 3 May 2021 09:45:28 11,648 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    No doubt they have done their own drawings that did in crayons (assuming they have any wax crayons left they didn't munch on) No doubt they will be back handing more books out and you have to put on disguise and get one and upload for us to laugh at
    That's my plan. They were out on Saturday with their placards, but no books.
  • Darth_Flibble 3 May 2021 09:47:18 5,217 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Not sure if people saw this a few days ago

Stephen Karanja: Kenyan anti-vaccine doctor dies from Covid-19
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-56922517

Dr Stephen Karanja, chairman of the Kenya Catholic Doctors Association, advocated steam inhalation and hydroxychloroquine tablets.
    cunt
  • Baihu1983 3 May 2021 14:55:11 13,825 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    #TakeoffYourMask trending and some of the comments are just asking for another wave.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.