Coronavirus Page 1266

• richardiox 14 Jun 2021 22:03:27 10,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    In the main student area of my city cases have gone up by 450% in 7 days. Really correlates with the talk around the majority of cases being in 18-25 year olds.

Going to be an interesting few weeks to see what extend these levels spread into the unvaccinated population.

Speaking of vaccines, my second AZ date was given when I booked my first, at 11 weeks later. I keep reading that over 40s should now have an 8 week gap but no mention of what to do if you've already been adding your second date. Could just wait it out by AZx1 is pretty ineffective against Delta (which lets face it, is what any of us would catch at this point).

Don't want my 2 days of post vaccine illness to be in vain if I pick it up in the 6 weeks until my next jab.
  • Not-a-reviewer 14 Jun 2021 22:40:51 7,640 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If you go on the booking site thereís an option to manage your booking.
  • richardiox 14 Jun 2021 22:51:29 10,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @ZuluHero

According to a BBC artical today

"Mr Johnson said two-thirds of adults would have been offered two coronavirus jabs by 19 July, including all vulnerable groups.

The gap between doses for over-40s in England will be reduced from 12 to eight weeks.

And the target to offer all adults a first dose will be brought forward to 19 July."

At the moment although we're still driving ahead pretty fast with vaccinations, I've noticed the numbers really drop off over the last few days which is weird considering the rationale behind today's postponement. I've always thought (and based on this thread too) it's a bit "wild west" out there.

Based on that I'm tempted to cancel by second dose booking for end of July and try to rebook and see if it gives me an earlier date. In theory it shouldn't give me a later date due to the whole 12 weeks thing.

Weird how today's pushing back of "Muh Freedoms Day" was to pushback the predicted hospitalisations we'd be at by late July in order to get more people jabbed. But the prediction for the late July high numbers are based on exponential growth from the current numbers. So the postponement won't change that at all, just stop it getting worse.

But even then, they're opening up weddings and crowds and some sports events. Hopefully school summer holidays will help, just got to home it doesn't get too crazy before then...and then it's all over to the vaccines really. Wonder how quickly anti vaxxers/Covid deniers would have a change of heart if they were amongst the only people getting fucked up by Rona. Although, like all these things, they'd be actually benefiting from everyone else getting one "X vaccine for everyone is pointless, when was the last time someone died of X?"
  • elstoof 14 Jun 2021 23:06:14 27,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    How do you book? I only got a text from the GP about arranging my first, presumably just going to get another text for the second when itís due but wouldnít mind trying to bring it forward if thereís some sort of booking system open to all
  • Decks 14 Jun 2021 23:36:59 30,846 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 14 Jun 2021 23:44:00 4,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hmm, my second (aged over 40) is currently 11 weeks after my first (this Sunday). Guessing if I do want to mess with things I want to get my first jab first but then I will be paranoid that there will be no earlier slots and I will lose my initial one. They really should allow you to check and choose your new date before it cancels the old one as part of the process.
  • richardiox 14 Jun 2021 23:47:44 10,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    ZuluHero wrote:
    Thanks guys, pulled it forward to 5th July. Just a bit over 8 weeks but not by much.
    Did you just use the "cancel then rebook" option on the NHS website? Given how ill I felt after AZ1 it's bizarre to feel so keen for round two.
  • Rogueywon 14 Jun 2021 23:47:53 12,244 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There should be earlier slots for AZ and Pfizer at the moment. We're not short of doses and there's capacity in the system to get them done.

I checked after the discussion here the other day and there is a delay with Moderna second doses. This looks like a bit of an oversight/cock-up, but nobody seems to have brought forward the dates for deploying the second doses of that one, which given the limited supply means that you probably won't be able to accelerate your second dose until somebody in a position to do something about it has one of those "oh shit, Moderna" head-slap moments of recollection.
  • elstoof 15 Jun 2021 07:29:55 27,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
    Nice one, ta. Looks like I can book one bang on 8 weeks if Iím willing to travel a bit, Iím at 4 weeks now so Iíll wait and see if my local one opens up closer to the time. This is great though

Edited by elstoof at 07:31:23 15-06-2021
  • Decks 15 Jun 2021 07:43:15 30,846 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just keep checking back every few hours, they seem to change all the time. I managed to get 4 weeks knocked off my second appointment.
  • elstoof 15 Jun 2021 07:54:20 27,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Wonder if they take into account your previous jab, is it possible to turn up and theyíre dishing out a different vaccine to the one you had before
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2021 07:59:49 12,244 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Wonder if they take into account your previous jab, is it possible to turn up and theyíre dishing out a different vaccine to the one you had before
    They'll know in advance which shots they're giving on which days and slots are released for booking accordingly. This seems to be where things have gone wrong re. my post above on Moderna.
  • elstoof 15 Jun 2021 08:16:45 27,795 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Astonishingly joined up thinking
  • Psychotext 15 Jun 2021 11:50:12 70,557 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Missus getting her second today. That'll be both of us done completely.

Good stuff Wales. :)
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jun 2021 11:54:54 31,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:

87% have had at least one jab in Wales, thatís pretty awesome.
  • Dougs 15 Jun 2021 12:14:58 100,260 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:

It does take a bit of a weight off.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 15 Jun 2021 12:30:49 33,937 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I did not get that side effect :(
  • Dougs 15 Jun 2021 12:33:00 100,260 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Haha!
  • gamingdave 15 Jun 2021 12:35:47 5,078 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nice one EG. Got my 2nd jab bought forward 4 weeks, now set for next Thursday. It is a bit odd you can't preview slots and have it create and cancel at the same time, but all good.
  • Nazo 15 Jun 2021 12:44:05 1,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yeah, brought mine forward as well. Weekends weren't available this time so I booked it to clash with my least favourite meeting of the week. Double bonus.
  • richardiox 15 Jun 2021 12:51:29 10,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Weird that the government message is now that all over 40s who had their first jab before mid May should have their second by 19th July. And yet there doesn't seem to be any follow up / call to action to accompany it. You'd like to think we'd get a text explain this and how to rebook.

It's also worrying the target for doses they set yesterday - to get done by 19th July - equates to doing about 90k a day over the next 35 days. But we were averaging 300k last week. Doesn't exactly feel like a huge push to get shots into arms. I can only guess that supplies of Pfizer and Moderna are in doubt.

Edit - just got mine brought forward 3 weeks. Nice.
    The Mrs is trying too (she is 37, had Pfizer) and it won't let her book any earlier than 11 weeks after her first dose. Finally, a bonus of having had AZ (to offset the increased side effects, risk of clots and inferior protection)

Edited by richardiox at 13:03:38 15-06-2021
  • Rogueywon 15 Jun 2021 13:39:59 12,244 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @richardiox Supplies of Pfizer aren't in doubt. Anecdotally, I hear the limiting factor now is availability of staff for the vaccination programme. A lot of the clinical staff have been balancing vaccination days with their "day jobs" in the NHS. Some of them are finding this more difficult to balance as the NHS backlog mounts up. In addition, the volunteers who came forward back in December/January to help out, whether through being trained to vaccinate or as marshalls/admin are drifting away (in some cases because their employer is recalling them from furlough).

Edit: Ooops, sounds like there may be a Pfizer shortage next month.

Edited by Rogueywon at 07:11:46 16-06-2021
  • Lukus 15 Jun 2021 13:58:50 24,593 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    What's it tracking at?
  • MrWonderstuff 15 Jun 2021 16:02:15 3,608 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    That footage of Nick Watt from Newsnight being hounded by anti-lockdown protestors is frightening. The vitriol and hatred is staggering. Why are they behaving like this? They are really deranged...shame the police just stood by and did nothing.
  • richardiox 15 Jun 2021 16:15:50 10,049 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff

Whipped up into a rage by living in social media echo chambers. All those Lozza Fox types have been fuelling this fire for too long. Things like this and the capital hill riots show what happens when "banter on Twitter" manifests into real world consequences.

That and the protesters being thick as pig shit incel scumbags who like to blame conspiracy theories for all their many personal failings.
  • Razz 15 Jun 2021 16:36:04 1,193 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Nice one, ta. Looks like I can book one bang on 8 weeks if Iím willing to travel a bit, Iím at 4 weeks now so Iíll wait and see if my local one opens up closer to the time. This is great though
    Lucky git! Mine got brought forward a grand total of 1 week lol, o tried multiple places... Must be because I'm black lol

Edited by Razz at 16:36:23 15-06-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.