Coronavirus Page 1358

• monkman76 22 Jul 2021 14:26:23 18,923 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    We've known Clapton is a dick for ages haven't we?
  • imamazed 22 Jul 2021 14:33:54 6,694 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    imamazed wrote:
    @Rogueywon Thanks. I don't currently have a booking at all, but I can get one for now (8 weeks).

Is there any literature on this? Struggling to find anything reputable, especially on Pfizer which is what I had first. Seems to be some stuff about how 12 weeks is better than 3 weeks, but nothing on 8 weeks other than "because Delta".
    Literature.

http://labeling.pfizer.com/ShowLabeling.aspx?id=14471

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/second-shot.html

https://www.fda.gov/media/144413/download
    Thanks. The 3 weeks is, of course, the original intended gap and, like you point out, what other governments are recommending.

It may be that we're recommending a much longer gap solely, or mostly, because of supply, but there seems to be little literature on the actual impact to immunity of having your jab later rather than sooner. Those links just confirm its original intended use - but we've seen with AZ that a bigger gap between doses than first intended actually provided better immunity in older people.

Probably overthinking it and I'll just go and get my second jab soon.
  • Load_2.0 22 Jul 2021 14:38:26 33,520 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Well there two very different products. I don't think there's any evidence available of advantage in a longer delay with Pfizer. If anything the 8 weeks is the maximum they would recommend.

Given they created the vaccine I wouldn't have any hesitation in following their guidance over the UK government.
  • Wayne 22 Jul 2021 14:39:00 3,942 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Wales average cases dropped for the first time in over a month. Hopefully it'll start to fall like it did in Scotland.
    @richardiox will be along soon to correct you ;-)
  • drhickman1983 22 Jul 2021 14:39:14 7,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I do wonder a tad about the point of vaccine passports. As vaccinated people can still become ill, still catch and spread the virus, is there a great benefit in having a "passport" scheme?

Don't want to take the side of the Covidiots but in this particular case I'd like to see some data.

I think it's more sensible to not fucking reopen everything just yet.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 14:40:12 22-07-2021
  • Gruff 22 Jul 2021 14:39:47 3,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:

Given they created the vaccine I wouldn't have any hesitation in following their guidance over the UK government.
    Heh, that pretty much applies to all things :)

Edited by Gruff at 14:40:40 22-07-2021
  • JoelStinty 22 Jul 2021 14:41:23 9,526 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Think the stories of shops running out of food will really blow up over the next few days. We been rationed to one case per item all week (independent supplies by nisa/co-op). Been told our ambient order will be the same tomorrow.

Mixture of pingdemic/brexit.
  • Wayne 22 Jul 2021 14:42:31 3,942 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:
    I do wonder a tad about the point of vaccine passports. As vaccinated people can still become ill, still catch and spread the virus, is there a great benefit in having a "passport" scheme?

Don't want to take the side of the Covidiots but in this particular case I'd like to see some data.

But it's not a case of can/can't become ill, catch and spread the virus, etc. It's not a binary thing.
    It's a matter of likelihood/playing the odds, and vaccinated people are considerably less likely to get ill or transmit the virus.
  • Gruff 22 Jul 2021 14:42:46 3,907 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Think the stories of shops running out of food will really blow up over the next few days. We been rationed to one case per item all week (independent supplies by nisa/co-op). Been told our ambient order will be the same tomorrow.

Mixture of pingdemic/brexit.
    Yeah once the press runs with it, it will light the fire :(

Edited by Gruff at 14:43:26 22-07-2021
  • Psychotext 22 Jul 2021 14:42:49 70,558 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    ambient order
    Wot dis?
  • Wayne 22 Jul 2021 14:43:17 3,942 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    FWIW, I'm not in favour of covid passports, I'm just *trying* to explain the logic (and mostly likely will end up getting ridiculed anyway)
  • richardiox 22 Jul 2021 14:45:13 10,049 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Wales average cases dropped for the first time in over a month. Hopefully it'll start to fall like it did in Scotland.
    Not really, because his statement isn't factually incorrect.
  • JamboWayOh 22 Jul 2021 14:45:38 24,959 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    FWIW, I'm not in favour of covid passports, I'm just *trying* to explain the logic (and mostly likely will end up getting ridiculed anyway)
    I'm at a loss as to why.
  • JoelStinty 22 Jul 2021 14:45:43 9,526 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:
    ambient order
    Wot dis?
    All non chilled stuff - so your usual groceries like pasta, drinks, tinned goods, washing powder etc etc
  • Psychotext 22 Jul 2021 14:59:17 70,558 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Ahh, right. I thought it might be some fancy online grocery shop for fancy people.
  • PickledShogun 22 Jul 2021 14:59:51 219 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    InfiniteDan wrote:
    Basically, all those without the Covid app on your phone, fuck you.
    So what about NHS staff who have the app but who have been "advised" to pause the app when at work, for obvious reasons. Fuck them to?

From the official NHS page - "Healthcare workers are encouraged to download and use the NHS COVID-19 app. However, they are advised to pause contact tracing while they are working in healthcare buildings, including hospitals and GP surgeries"
  • PazJohnMitch 22 Jul 2021 15:00:01 17,153 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    drhickman1983 wrote:

But it's not a case of can/can't become ill, catch and spread the virus, etc. It's not a binary thing.
    It's a matter of likelihood/playing the odds, and vaccinated people are considerably less likely to get ill or transmit the virus.
    I pretty much agree with DrHickman.

It is like a bunch of hillbillies saying ďDonít worry we only shoot our guns into the air when nobodyís aroundĒ. Whereas I would rather they didnít fire their guns into the air at all.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 22 Jul 2021 15:06:37 19,679 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    We've known Clapton is a dick for ages haven't we?
    Given his views on immigration I donít thing vaccine are the only type of passport he has an issue with
  • Wayne 22 Jul 2021 15:06:40 3,942 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    I'm at a loss as to why.
    I think dividing society will lead to some horrific unrest, and it's best to keep restrictions in place until we no longer need such a thing as a COVID passport. (by the way, I'm talking about the sort of COVID passport that will get you into clubs, theatres, bars, restaurants, etc... not talking about travel).
  • Wayne 22 Jul 2021 15:08:46 3,942 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    But if you compare this week's figures (Tuesday to Tuesday, Wednesday to Wednesday, just like you taught me), they have all increased.
  • PickledShogun 22 Jul 2021 15:30:19 219 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @Wayne

Unfortunately there are those who are absolutely for creating a two tier society, a 'them and us' situation. Those hankering after this divide are mostly made up of the middle class who like nothing better than sneering down their collective noses at the lower classes because they are to blame "everything". Truth is this isn't about Covid, it's about Brexit. You only have to read these pages, let alone comments across various news sites and other social media, to see that

Lost count of the amount of times I've read something along the lines of...

"Saw some cunt in Tesco not wearing a mask! Bet he was a Brexit voter!"

...with no evidence to confirm such an accusation outside of their own prejudice.

Edited by PickledShogun at 16:01:25 22-07-2021
  • JYM60 22 Jul 2021 15:38:35 19,036 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hope they enjoyed all those empty Brexit shelves, the swine.
  • drhickman1983 22 Jul 2021 15:43:35 7,762 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm confused by the people who are still dicknosing.

I'd rather they wore a mask inside the shop properly, but if they're going to dicknose they may as well not bother, now that there's no legal mask mandate.
  • richardiox 22 Jul 2021 15:45:10 10,049 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    Wayne wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    But if you compare this week's figures (Tuesday to Tuesday, Wednesday to Wednesday, just like you taught me), they have all increased.
    Are you on a wind up at this point?

Welsh cases by date reported, Weds to Weds and Tues to Tues like you said:

Yesterday: 941 Last Weds: 1145
    Tuesday: 555 Last Tues: 737

I don't have a doctorate in maths unlike you but that doesn't look like "all increased" to me? Sounds like you the main thing you need to be taught is basic maths if you see those numbers as an increase and a 36% increase in UK cases as "cases are falling".

Edited by richardiox at 15:47:26 22-07-2021
  • Rogueywon 22 Jul 2021 15:47:07 12,244 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:

I'd rather they wore a mask inside the shop properly, but if they're going to dicknose they may as well not bother, now that there's no legal mask mandate.
    Clearly some of them think that the dicknose look enhances their profile and draws attention to their rogueish charm. I've got to say, though, the dicknosers I see are, almost without exception, right ugly fuckers.
  • askew 22 Jul 2021 15:54:02 24,005 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    drhickman1983 wrote:

Mouthbreather status confirmed, Iíd have thought.
  • David_Richardson 22 Jul 2021 16:01:49 1,325 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    PickledShogun wrote:
    @Wayne

Unfortunately there are those who are absolutely for creating a two tier society, a 'them and us' situation. Those hankering after this divide are mostly made up of the middle class who like nothing better than sneering down their collective noses at the lower classes. Truth is this isn't about Covid, it's about Brexit. You only have to read these pages, let alone comments across various news sites and other social media, to see that

Lost count of the amount of times I've read something along the lines of...

"Saw some cunt in Tesco not wearing a mask! Bet he was a Brexit voter!"

...with no evidence to confirm such an accusation outside of their own prejudice.
    You don't even need to look outside this thread for plenty of evidence. The superiority complexes on this forum are revolting sometimes. So many crass attempts at belittling and dismissing the "other side".
  • TheSaint 22 Jul 2021 16:10:06 20,922 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @richardiox

Interestingly a scientist on the radio thought we probably would see a week on week drop in England this week. The big question is how much of an impact freedumb day will have in the next ten days or so.
  • Decks 22 Jul 2021 16:10:07 30,846 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    39k today. Definitely starting to feel quite plateauy.
  • richardiox 22 Jul 2021 16:15:22 10,049 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    @richardiox

Interestingly a scientist on the radio thought we probably would see a week on week drop in England this week. The big question is how much of an impact freedumb day will have in the next ten days or so.
    I expect to see it too. Last week would have been a post footy infection bonanza. Schools have now started to close so in theory over the next couple of weeks cases should start to come down. However, we wont see the effects of "freedom day" policies for another few days so it'll be interesting how they balance out the effect of schools closing.

Edited by richardiox at 16:15:58 22-07-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.