Jono62 wrote:
    @PazJohnMitch Great news.
    Actually pretty much the opposite...
    :(
  • EMarkM 26 Mar 2020 14:24:52 4,922 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Doctor just granted me unrestricted access to see my Mum.
    Thinking of you and your family. Hard times, difficult to make anyone feel better.
  • JonFE 26 Mar 2020 14:29:39 2,002 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch :cry:
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 14:32:30 1,121 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    One good thing to come of this, is that people might stop to think how vital all these low paid, but essential key workers are. For instance, taxi drivers, delivery people of all stripes, supermarket workers.

Those whom people usually treat like dogs are now on the front line of a pandemic, risking infection and their lives, doing jobs that usually people scoff at because they're not earning 40K+ and driving an Audi.

I have worked in supermarkets when I was younger, and it was a thankless task. Particularly when older people would come in, the level of entitlement was unbelievable with some of them.

Doctors, nurses and health staff deserve and largely get respect all year round. However these people should also be getting enormous praise. I am very grateful for them.

Unsung heroes.
  • Psychotext 26 Mar 2020 14:37:50 66,624 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Steve-Perry wrote:
    One good thing to come of this, is that people might stop to think how vital all these low paid, but essential key workers are. For instance, taxi drivers, delivery people of all stripes, supermarket workers.
    The arseholes you're talking about wont be giving it a second of thought, I can assure you. I know, because I've had some particularly nasty discussions with some of them in the last few weeks.

Those key workers are beneath them, and will always be beneath them.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 14:40:59 1,121 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    @Psychotext Sadly I know you are right. I just hope that it raises a tiny bit of awareness of what a vital job they do, and this has shown how important they are to society. It has reminded me at the very least.
  • JYM60 26 Mar 2020 15:03:55 18,406 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Steve-Perry wrote:

Those whom people usually treat like dogs are now on the front line of a pandemic, risking infection and their lives, doing jobs that usually people scoff at because they're not earning 40K+ and driving an Audi.

I have worked in supermarkets when I was younger, and it was a thankless task. Particularly when older people would come in, the level of entitlement was unbelievable with some of them.

Doctors, nurses and health staff deserve and largely get respect all year round. However these people should also be getting enormous praise. I am very grateful for them.

Unsung heroes.
    Yeah absolutely. I've seen just about enough posts about NHS workers going on about how they've to work, while others don't, and how their pay is shit. The pay thing is true, but those are highly sought jobs, so the pay thing will always be an issue. They knew what they were getting into.

Nobody cares about shop workers, most of whom probably do not want that career. A job with little in the way of job satisfaction, and shite pay. I was one of them for 8 years!

*Not a knock on the job NHS does. They are all heroes, etc.
  • KRadiation 26 Mar 2020 15:06:08 1,523 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I read someone moaning about till staff saying they're not key workers as anyone could do that job.

I'm not sure they understand how this all works.
  • X201 26 Mar 2020 15:27:28 20,570 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    KRadiation wrote:
    I read someone moaning about till staff saying they're not key workers as anyone could do that job.
    They'd have a fit that my nurse neighbour has spent the week pushing PPE to every corner of the hospital in a trolley.

She gets assigned to the wards next week.
  • Steve-Perry 26 Mar 2020 15:29:18 1,121 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    KRadiation wrote:

I'm not sure they understand how this all works.
    I hope you set them straight. That's some stupid shit.
  • RyanDS 26 Mar 2020 15:32:58 13,187 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well my family has been hit. My uncle in wincanton is apparently in an induced coma on a ventilator. 79 years old and doesn't go out much, but son went to a concert 10 days ago.

The stress and guilt in the family is rather high right now.
  • Psychotext 26 Mar 2020 15:37:38 66,624 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Well my family has been hit. My uncle in wincanton is apparently in an induced coma on a ventilator. 79 years old and doesn't go out much, but son went to a concert 10 days ago.

Niiice. =/
  • JamboWayOh 26 Mar 2020 15:40:16 18,791 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:

That's horrible. I'm guessing that concert was obviously very important, I mean wtf.
  • Frogofdoom 26 Mar 2020 15:40:43 16,223 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sorry to hear that Ryan.
  • Frogofdoom 26 Mar 2020 15:49:56 16,223 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is an interesting tweet about the london situation

https://twitter.com/ChrisCEOHopson/status/1242844185025220608?s=19
  • RyanDS 26 Mar 2020 15:54:18 13,187 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

That's horrible. I'm guessing that concert was obviously very important, I mean wtf.
    Before the lockdown innit.
  • JonFE 26 Mar 2020 16:10:14 2,002 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sorry to hear the news RyanDS :(
  • BigOrkWaaagh 26 Mar 2020 16:15:52 9,314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

Not before common sense though?
  • Farley2k 26 Mar 2020 16:16:31 240 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @RyanDS I am sorry. It just doesn't make sense to blame anyone. Was everyone in the family in full isolation? Probably not so no one person should have to feel blame but I bet they do.

Survivor guilt is a real thing and I hope your family can understand and deal with it.
  • robthehermit 26 Mar 2020 16:17:34 7,708 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Post deleted
  • robthehermit 26 Mar 2020 16:17:36 7,708 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

To be fair, I've got tickets to Jimmy Carr which has been postponed to August, but if it has been on in the run up to the lockdown I absolutely would have gone.
  • challenge_hanukkah 26 Mar 2020 16:41:53 12,632 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

To be fair, I've got tickets to Jimmy Carr which has been postponed to August, but if it has been on in the run up to the lockdown I absolutely would have gone.
    Aren't you in a high risk of dying category yourself there, Captain Heartattack?
  • senso-ji 26 Mar 2020 16:49:22 10,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hold your breaths, Liverpool fans
  • macmurphy 26 Mar 2020 16:55:15 4,272 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Hold your breaths, Liverpool fans
    Am I missing something? Thatís not premiership?

Edit: Ah I see. Thatís why theyíre holding their breath. Kind of makes sense. Premiership is worth so much to relegated teams, Iím not they could relegate anyone without all sorts of lawsuits. And if you canít relegate someone, you have to declare league void. Can see this happening.

Edited by macmurphy at 16:57:55 26-03-2020
  • senso-ji 26 Mar 2020 16:56:41 10,085 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Might be a prelude of things to come, though.
  • X201 26 Mar 2020 16:58:02 20,570 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    What are the changes to the way the figures were gathered?
  • Frogofdoom 26 Mar 2020 17:04:25 16,223 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Different time of day (which apparently counts for the low number yesterday) and also there is a rumour that families have to agree to their loved one being in the numbers. Also rumours that deaths by pneumonia arent being included. That could all be bollocks though and no idea if we will be told otherwise.
  • robthehermit 26 Mar 2020 17:09:20 7,708 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:

Aren't you in a high risk of dying category yourself there, Captain Heartattack?
    Yeah I am, still would have gone though.
  • Psychotext 26 Mar 2020 17:09:31 66,624 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh you fucking cunt. So not only do I not get support, but now he's using it to piggyback the NI changes they wanted to make.

So the fuck will I be paying for exactly?

Edit - Apparently I might be wrong about not qualifying. I need to see a factsheet.

Edited by Psychotext at 17:13:31 26-03-2020
  • Dgzter 26 Mar 2020 17:17:29 3,195 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Different time of day (which apparently counts for the low number yesterday) and also there is a rumour that families have to agree to their loved one being in the numbers. Also rumours that deaths by pneumonia arent being included. That could all be bollocks though and no idea if we will be told otherwise.
    It is unbelievably irresponsible to disseminate those numbers after having changed their methodology on the fly. Context needed to be provided along with any caveats. So fucking unethical and potentially dangerous.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.