Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Good work not dying!
  • davidfowles 11 Mar 2020 13:38:17 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    How's the recovery going?
    Iím a lot stronger in general than I was, walking will be affected for a long time and the explanation Iíve been given about the paralysed right shoulder is that the damaged nerves will recover to whatever the new 100% is going to be over as long as a year. I can bicep curl a 1 kilo weight but not a 2 kilo one. The left arm is better but I have to take time with it as they stitched a few muscles in the forearm back together. I get an ultrasound on the 17th to see how the 10cm blood clot in my right arm is going. Bit concerned the bathtub full of medications Iíve been taking morning and night are frying me a bit because Iíve developed a pretty frustrating stammer, but Iím wondering if it is a withdrawal symptom maybe as Iíve been weaning back two of the painkillers. Did stand-up comedy last week and people I meet in public are slightly mind-blown, seems Iím a minor celebrity. Just today Iíve finally got the neck brace off. Iíd not understood how my neck got broken in the first place: turns out one of the three stab wounds in my neck cracked one bone and sheared a piece off another, and now thereís a sharp shard of bone floating about in my neck near the (also sharp) thingy it was cut off. Makes lying on the couch a mite uncomfortable, but I might buy a couch with a softer arm-rest Iíve been looking at.
  • davidfowles 11 Mar 2020 13:39:25 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Good work not dying!
    Iíll have to try Dark Souls again. I expect Iím really good at it now.
  • davidfowles 11 Mar 2020 13:42:13 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    Apologies if this has already been covered, but are you expecting any recompense or anything?

Can you sue the knife wielding maniac?
    Probably not. The short message is heís probably too poor to even bother suing, but also, frankly, a civil case is just an unattractive way to keep the guy in my life longer.Thereís other avenues for assistance though which Iím pursuing and it all looks very optimistic.
  • Murbs 11 Mar 2020 14:29:11 24,964 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Utterly remarkable.
  • mothercruncher 11 Mar 2020 14:37:31 18,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah, well done you, fuck me.
  • Load_2.0 11 Mar 2020 16:41:18 32,507 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    At least let him heal first!
  • Phattso 11 Mar 2020 17:13:03 26,481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    If you use your weakest arm what percentage of it feels like someone else is doing it?

#InappropriateWankGag
  • davidfowles 11 Mar 2020 22:30:07 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Wanking is basically physio.
  • Jono62 19 Jun 2020 18:47:31 26,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    How's the recovery going?
  • davidfowles 20 Jun 2020 13:54:31 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Iím doing well enough. Everything got thrown off course by the pandemic. Iíve only just become able to go to the hospital physio in person in the last week or so, was having phone consultations with them previously. But Iíve been exercising at home as I can and have made gradual but inevitable progress. Could curl about a kilo with my right arm when I got out of hospital, Iím up to three kilos now. Which still isnít much but Iíve a significantly greater use of the arm. The left arm and knees are also significantly improved, though Iím not going to be doing any jogging soon. (I tried and it was a mistake). I can play The Last of Us II, which is the important thing.

No news on the court case, either. Their whole system has been delayed by the pandemic as well. As far as Iím aware nothing has happened. But I also think itís a super low-priority for them. They have him on tape saying he did it, and again on the police body cam, in front of a whole bunch of people, while covered in blood, and his prints on the knife, so I guess they donít think thereís a rush to have courts determine if heís the culprit.
  • davidfowles 20 Jun 2020 14:25:42 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I donít know how to make a link to my Instagram, but itís mostly pictures of my cat, who is very cute. The account name is lolzarus
  • richarddavies 20 Jun 2020 14:36:15 8,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just followed you on insta anyway (not that I've ever used it). And in regards to the other fella, just keep your fingers crossed. Sounds like there isn't much evidence, but if you're sure it's him. Hopefully he's going down.
  • Jono62 20 Jun 2020 14:42:44 26,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If he doesn't, you have your revenge flick right there.

Glad you are on the mend. I'll have a look for you on instagram.
  • Ror 20 Jun 2020 14:48:59 20,322 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He's going to play TLoU2 as well, so he can gather tips.
  • sirtacos 20 Jun 2020 14:52:57 8,244 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Glad to know your recovery is on track. Astounding that you've already done some standup. Relieved you can play the Last of Us. Hope that in time, your brush with murder gives you some good fucking material.
  • RyanDS 20 Jun 2020 16:19:32 13,677 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What is your insta?
  • Jono62 20 Jun 2020 16:22:27 26,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    https://instagram.com/lolzarus?igshid=zovtg6csxksy
  • RyanDS 20 Jun 2020 16:25:54 13,677 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers chaps
  • davidfowles 21 Jun 2020 00:30:06 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I read back over the thread and saw heaps of people asking after the cat. My otherwise rarely-used instagram is a good source of proof-of-life photos of her.
  • Dirtbox 21 Jun 2020 03:46:18 91,955 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Good to hear you're slowly in the mend, still blown away at your attitude toward the bloke. Wholesome as fuck, one might say.

And on the up side, once this pandemic has blown over, you'll be better still and can utilise those cool scars to smash tons of pussy.
  • davidfowles 21 Jun 2020 06:58:53 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Hopefully! But Iím a little worried Iíll fall into an addictive cycle of self-disfigurement to find that ďpussy magnetĒ sweet spot.
  • davidfowles 3 Nov 2020 23:26:37 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Bit of an update to this, apart from the excruciating slog this year has been otherwise (Iím in the only Australian state to experience months and months of full lockdown) in recent week the court stuff concluded. He pleaded guilty on October 13 to ďIntentionally causing serious injuryĒ which sounds less dramatic than ďattempted murderĒ but is still a serious charge with a maximum penalty of twenty years. In practice, no one ever gets that, but the fact remains you wouldnít want to be in the dock over it.

They had the sentencing hearing on Thursday last week and the judge talked for maybe an hour or more, which was very interesting for me as there was a lot of information came out that I didnít know about. Iím hoping to get a written version of the summary at some point so I can go back over it.

The court process was weird as it was all over a kind of Zoom thing, absolutely no one was in the same room. But it meant we could watch it without being seen or heard which was good.

The judge wound up giving him 6 years with a non-parole period of 4 years. My family and I were happy with this result and the prosecution were satisfied by it too. The judge said he would have sentenced him to 7.5 years with 5 non-parole without the ďpleaded guiltyĒ discount.

The sentencing coincided with all the shops finally re-opening in my state and I moved house the following day into a lovely little two bedroom house, where I am still sorting out the mountains of shit Iíve had in storage for six months.
  • richarddavies 3 Nov 2020 23:34:08 8,109 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well as long as you and the family is happy with the result, just concentrate on moving on from it now. Hopefully (mentally at least) you're already on your way.
  • Jono62 3 Nov 2020 23:34:20 26,355 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Nice, thanks for the update.
  • mothercruncher 4 Nov 2020 06:45:00 18,727 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    😎
  • Frogofdoom 4 Nov 2020 07:04:20 17,223 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That doesn't feel like nearly long enough for what he did to you. However if you are happy with it, thats the main thing and you can start to move on with getting life back to normal.
  • Fake_Blood 4 Nov 2020 07:33:50 10,741 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I was about to ask if you did any more stand-up, but then I remembered itís 2020.
  • davidfowles 4 Nov 2020 08:58:55 324 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I managed to do stand up ONCE just after I got out of hospital, neck brace and sling on and everything. Then every venue closed and we effectively went into maybe 8 months of lockdown.

Iíve done some online stand up in recent months, but itís really not where my interest is. Some are videoed on my YouTube page, though, fair warning, thereís probably a lot of obscure references to early 90s Australian TV shows.

Hereís the first one I did, some others are there too, itís all rubbish.

https://youtu.be/5o0J-ldVKkE

Edited by davidfowles at 09:06:51 04-11-2020
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Nov 2020 11:50:48 29,484 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Glad to hear that ubergine is on the mend
  • Next Last
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.