In praise of the Forum Royalty Page 3

• elstoof 10 Feb 2020 12:40:36 25,589 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You’re the absolute worst at ignoring anyone though, you actively seek out this sort of confrontation despite everyone being constantly reminded that they’re on The List. You’ve even come into this thread because you know it’ll give you something to get offended by and blame the “usual suspects” for “bullying”

Edited by elstoof at 12:44:28 10-02-2020
  • retro74 10 Feb 2020 12:43:04 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear who is in the clique? I for one would like to know
  • Frogofdoom 10 Feb 2020 12:43:49 16,269 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "Victims"
  • Toonster 10 Feb 2020 13:00:03 6,918 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Remember the Mapster days? Good times... wait, were they good?
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 13:06:11 28,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    retro74 wrote:
    challenge_hanukkah, Decks, Frogofdoom, Load_2.0, PES, Gremmi amongst others.
    Oh and they have their Richard "the hamster" Hammond in JamboWayOh.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 13:06:35 28,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Toonster wrote:
    Remember the Mapster days? Good times... wait, were they good?
    Mapstergate was good times.
  • SolidSCB 10 Feb 2020 13:08:05 12,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mappy's was a proper meltdown. None of this crying like an infant because you've been kicked off some time trial and re-regging 47 times for more attention when you feel like it.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Feb 2020 13:11:32 24,444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This constant cycle of you going out of your way to be a prick and start shit, followed by you then playing the victim and crying about bullying is one of the bizarrest most pathetic things I've ever seen.

There's no clique or forum royalty, what it actually is is that you're such a fucking cunt you've united a group of strangers based on nothing more than their dislike of you.

I genuinely can't work out whether you're doing it on purpose or whether you really are that much of a cunt and just lack a single iota of self awareness.

Someone quote this who isn't on his stupid fucking list.
  • creepiest-lizard 10 Feb 2020 13:12:39 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    This constant cycle of you going out of your way to be a prick and start shit, followed by you then playing the victim and crying about bullying is one of the bizarrest most pathetic things I've ever seen.

There's no clique or forum royalty, what it actually is is that you're such a fucking cunt you've united a group of strangers based on nothing more than their dislike of you.

I genuinely can't work out whether you're doing it on purpose or whether you really are that much of a cunt and just lack a single iota of self awareness.

• SolidSCB 10 Feb 2020 13:13:49 12,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Like fuck anyone is on the list.
  • fontgeeksogood 10 Feb 2020 13:14:34 9,523 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    You’re the absolute worst at ignoring anyone though, you actively seek out this sort of confrontation despite everyone being constantly reminded that they’re on The List. You’ve even come into this thread because you know it’ll give you something to get offended by and blame the “usual suspects” for “bullying”
    There's also the matter of wishing his King to die from AIDS on a number of occasions. Regicide and doing the same things he whines about in this thread
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 13:14:45 28,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    Decks wrote:

And the list grows.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 13:15:28
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Like fuck anyone is on the list.
  • creepiest-lizard 10 Feb 2020 13:15:46 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Better than some lists one could be on.
  • elstoof 10 Feb 2020 13:16:17 25,589 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    what does a thread started by someone on the ignore list look like
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Feb 2020 13:17:17 9,933 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    creepiest-lizard wrote:
    Decks wrote:

I saw this on the way back from lunch and was gonna give you a heads-up ecosse was gonna put you on the list.

But it seems i was too late.
  • Lukus 10 Feb 2020 13:17:28 23,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Wait. Are we the bad guys?...
  • creepiest-lizard 10 Feb 2020 13:17:32 1,170 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't imagine its a list on the forum. More like one he smears on his living room wall in his own shit.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 13:17:55 28,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    elstoof wrote:
    There's also the matter of wishing his King to die from AIDS on a number of occasions. Regicide and doing the same things he whines about in this thread
    I have elstoof on ignore, please don't quote him.
    I put him on ignore after yet another "you're a child-murderer/rapist LOL" and has the cheek to say I seek out confrontation.
    Him and the rest should just behave like adults and use the ignore button, of course they won't.
  • Graxlar_v3 10 Feb 2020 13:18:27 9,933 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Also... i thought Decks (as forum royalty) wasn't on the list.
  • SolidSCB 10 Feb 2020 13:18:30 12,455 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Schrödinger's ignore list.
  • Deleted user 10 February 2020 13:19:47
    In my mind there definitely is a clique on the forum, and it can be downright toxic at times. I think it would be worthwhile for mods to have a word in some people's ears about hurling insults around.

That being said, I'm not taking sides here, I just happen to think people step over the line (a lot) here without repercussion.

Edited by AaronTurner at 13:20:09 10-02-2020
  • quadfather 10 Feb 2020 13:20:00 36,416 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I don't understand though. It's an internet forum. If you have problems with understanding other people and kick up a fuss about it, god fucking help you when something really bad happens in your life.

It should be the other way round - the forum is a place to chill and just have fun.

Seems it highlights certain people and the way they behave, so helps dodge bullets I guess.
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 13:21:07 28,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    In my mind there definitely is a clique on the forum, and it can be downright toxic at times. I think it would be worthwhile for mods to have a word in some people's ears about hurling insults around.

That being said, I'm not taking sides here, I just happen to think people step over the line (a lot) here without repercussion.
    It's because there isn't really any modding here anymore so people have free rein to be as toxic as they like.
  • rice_sandwich 10 Feb 2020 13:21:10 6,426 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @AaronTurner

A good, reasonable post.
  • retro74 10 Feb 2020 13:28:29 3,199 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    retro74 wrote:
    Thanks for that. I've never noticed it myself but that's because I've never been on the sharp end of the group's wit and wisdom

I'm sure there's no actual malice towards you deep down - things come across as harsh via the internet sometimes
  • Armoured_Bear 10 Feb 2020 13:32:02 28,701 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    retro74 wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    retro74 wrote:
    Thanks for that. I've never noticed it myself but that's because I've never been on the sharp end of the group's wit and wisdom

I'm sure there's no actual malice towards you deep down - things come across as harsh via the internet sometimes
    Oh there's clear malice, you don't spend years calling someone a paedo, child murderer, wishing death upon them etc. without malice.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 10 Feb 2020 13:38:33 24,444 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes, a lot of people here genuinely dislike you. I'm going to go with a wild suggestion here, but maybe take a moment of self reflection and try to think about why that is. Hint, it's not a big conspiracy by a super secret forum monarchy.
  • elstoof 10 Feb 2020 13:39:13 25,589 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:

I have elstoof on ignore, please don't quote him.
    I put him on ignore after yet another "you're a child-murderer/rapist LOL" and has the cheek to say I seek out confrontation.
    Him and the rest should just behave like adults and use the ignore button, of course they won't.
    All I said was that French service station “Turkish” toilets are a great place to hide a small body. Not a child’s body, a small body. I didn’t even suggest that’s what you personally would cross the border to do

Edited by elstoof at 13:40:58 10-02-2020
  • DrStrangelove 10 Feb 2020 13:39:24 15,115 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In their hearts everyone likes ecosse if they're honest

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.