Shemmue 3- Do any items carry over from the original games?

• Timmy 2 Mar 2020 17:53:46 9,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I've been trying to find this out online, but I'm struggling. Does anyone who has original game collection on PS4/Xbox One, know if there are any carry over items, like with Shenmue 2, where you could sell the capsule toys, or if there's any bonuses/trophies for completing the first two games?

I had both games on Dreamcast, until it stopped reading discs some time ago, so I've been trying an emulated version of the first game on my phone, which is flawless. I'm not that far through yet though (currently at the infamous asking for locations of sailors). I'd consider buying the collection on PS4 if there's anything that carries over.

Anyone know?
  • Steve-Perry 2 Mar 2020 17:58:03 1,512 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Negative.

It gives you a few of them off the bat, like the photos you have taken, some of the key items related to the story like the scroll in the dojo and the feather in Ryo's basement.

Apart from that, clean slate.

You won't miss them much to be honest.
  • Timmy 2 Mar 2020 17:59:38 9,230 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Steve-Perry wrote:
    Negative.

It gives you a few of them off the bat, like the photos you have taken, some of the key items related to the story like the scroll in the dojo and the feather in Ryo's basement.

Apart from that, clean slate.

You won't miss them much to be honest.
    Cheers pal.
  • Malek86 2 Mar 2020 19:55:54 10,177 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I imagine that would have been hard anyway, since Shenmue 1+2 was published by Sega, presumably with no involvement from Suzuki's team.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.