Following Toilet Roll Watch 2020 Page 34

  • Gibroon 25 Sep 2020 18:32:16 2,325 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If you think it's bad now, just wait till Brexit properly kicks in. The shelves will be empty unless you are in Devon and good at lorry theft, although you will need a Chinook to take them away from the gridlock.
  • JoeBlade 25 Sep 2020 18:59:51 5,318 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    RichDC wrote:
    EMarkM wrote:
    RichDC wrote:
    You can't wipe your arse with food though can you, Einstein?
    And just what exactly the fuck do you think tortilla wraps are for?

    Eh?
    Touché
    Aw man, I kept telling myself that was gravy in there :(
  • EMarkM 25 Sep 2020 19:18:14 5,064 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    :D
  • OtterofJustice 25 Sep 2020 20:44:40 2,276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shit thread
  • ZuluHero 25 Sep 2020 21:09:19 9,252 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Enshitladas.
  • BurnoutJunkie 25 Sep 2020 21:10:42 1,187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Haha. Just discovered this thread. Only on Eurogamer forum.

    This is the quality shit I occasionally visit here for!
  • BurnoutJunkie 25 Sep 2020 21:13:42 1,187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Around this time last year, maybe August, I saw a Channel 4 news report where they visited a guy, who took the reporter up to his loft. He had squirrelled awat 3 months' worth of food, meds and other supplies in prep for the madness of BREXIT! I remember watching the news and thinking the guy had lost the plot. Just remembered him now. I bet he had the last laugh when all the Covid panic buying happened earlier this year.
  • Lukus 26 Sep 2020 00:09:35 23,687 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, the Doomsday Preppers don't seem quite so mental lately.
  • fontgeeksogood 26 Sep 2020 00:16:43 10,892 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    If you're shitting in an underground bunker TP feels like the least of your worries
  • gammonbanter 26 Sep 2020 09:25:27 2,030 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BurnoutJunkie wrote:
    Around this time last year, maybe August, I saw a Channel 4 news report where they visited a guy, who took the reporter up to his loft. He had squirrelled awat 3 months' worth of food, meds and other supplies in prep for the madness of BREXIT! I remember watching the news and thinking the guy had lost the plot. Just remembered him now. I bet he had the last laugh when all the Covid panic buying happened earlier this year.
    Or maybe scumbags remembered he was on the news showing off (burglars watch channel 4 news). That was channel 4 taking advantage of a person with mental health problems for ratings.
  • Load_2.0 26 Sep 2020 17:20:29 32,182 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Load_2.0 26 Sep 2020 17:21:33 32,182 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Oops.
  • richardiox 26 Oct 2020 00:39:00 8,994 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Heard loads of reports coming in that there's been an unbelievable run on Ritz Crackers over the last 72 hours.

    The couple of colleagues I've spoken to about it aren't sure if it's related to half term, covid or Brexit. Some interesting theories it could even be early Christmas shoppers.
  • Nexus_6 26 Oct 2020 08:19:02 5,348 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ive started rearranging my brexit stockpile after dipping in to it for the lockdown and then isolation.
    Got plenty TP but like a fool I’ve overlooked the ritz crackers.
  • fontgeeksogood 26 Oct 2020 08:22:36 10,892 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The irony is, you could use crackers to wipe your arse yet TP isn't great with a cheese board
  • Nexus_6 26 Oct 2020 08:55:45 5,348 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    My hole life is a joke.
  • Jono62 26 Oct 2020 08:58:06 25,760 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    The irony is, you could use crackers to wipe your arse yet TP isn't great with a cheese board
    The crackers would be worse than TP for tearing.
  • arty 26 Oct 2020 08:59:40 762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Depends if you use them sitting down or standing up
  • richardiox 26 Oct 2020 09:00:41 8,994 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So bad news on the Ritz Crackers front. Can't say how I know (clue, it's through work) but I've just got an email all but confirming the theory. Anyone hoping to have Ritz over the coming months needs to get to the shops like NOW.

    Supply chains were already severely disrupted and this has pushed it over the edge. It almost beggars belief. Unfortunately, the scarcity at this time of year we almost inevitably lead to a huge rise in dangerous counterfeit crackers like what we saw in 2007.
  • Nexus_6 26 Oct 2020 09:00:47 5,348 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    You could use the corner to scrape out. If they are square ones of course.
  • JoeBlade 26 Oct 2020 09:01:58 5,318 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Stander-uppers (is that a term?) need to be taken behind the chemical shed and put down.

    I'm joking, obviously
  • Nexus_6 26 Oct 2020 09:03:30 5,348 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dammit Richard this is a hammer blow.
    In other food related supply issues - lasagna sheets for making....lasagna. Haven't been able to source them in about 2 months from any of my regular Sainsburys or Aldis.
  • richardiox 26 Oct 2020 09:11:05 8,994 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    Dammit Richard this is a hammer blow.
    In other food related supply issues - lasagna sheets for making....lasagna. Haven't been able to source them in about 2 months from any of my regular Sainsburys or Aldis.
    There's an ongoing investigation around that actually. Something to do with Romanian crime gangs. The price of sheet lasagna (especially green) is literally through the roof in parts of eastern Europe. If you're really desperate download Tor and check the dark web. A few new markets with pasta, flour, puy etc
  • mrpon 26 Oct 2020 09:12:15 36,445 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TP rinsed in milk then left to dry is the perfect substitute Nexus.
  • Trowel 26 Oct 2020 09:14:06 23,799 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Combo alt loadout for the TP/Ritz shortage: Christmas tree shaped Cheeselets.
  • sport 26 Oct 2020 09:20:41 16,342 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    What does dark web lasagna even taste like?
  • JamboWayOh 26 Oct 2020 09:21:55 21,096 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    sport wrote:
    What does dark web lasagna even taste like?
    Like a sexy kid. But with more pasta. And oregano.

    Edited by JamboWayOh at 09:22:16 26-10-2020
  • neilka 26 Oct 2020 09:22:54 23,592 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
  • Nexus_6 26 Oct 2020 09:40:04 5,348 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Nexus_6 wrote:
    Dammit Richard this is a hammer blow.
    In other food related supply issues - lasagna sheets for making....lasagna. Haven't been able to source them in about 2 months from any of my regular Sainsburys or Aldis.
    There's an ongoing investigation around that actually. Something to do with Romanian crime gangs. The price of sheet lasagna (especially green) is literally through the roof in parts of eastern Europe. If you're really desperate download Tor and check the dark web. A few new markets with pasta, flour, puy etc
    You fucking had me in the first half man.
    That's so pathetic.
  • fontgeeksogood 26 Oct 2020 09:48:33 10,892 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Word of warning, dark web lasagna is actually toilet paper
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.