Nvidia Shield - or another streaming device? Page 3

Next Last
  • Tomo 23 Mar 2020 09:25:48 17,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    @Tomo

But then it would do that whenever I'm at my pc no? I definitely don't want that. This is my work computer.

Ah yeah that's true. Fair.

I have my games as Shortcuts on my PC desktop anyway, so I just navigate to those when the Shield loads in. But I realise that's not ideal for everyone.
  • Gregolution 23 Mar 2020 09:28:23 9,976 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Tomo

with a controller? Or do you always have bluetooth mouse + kb?
  • Gregolution 23 Mar 2020 09:33:52 9,976 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    out of interest. If you go into Geforce Experience, settings, shield - do you have any games listed in the Gamestream section? If so did you add them manually?
  • Tomo 23 Mar 2020 10:14:46 17,630 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I use the controller mainly - double click using the triggers. But my keyboard is always connected to the Shield too, but I mainly use that for surfing. I've not got a mouse hooked up yet. For M+KB games, I sit at my desk. Controller, on the sofa via Shield.

In Geforce Experience I have ~20 games listed. I think Geforce Experience only lists certain games, say ones which have Game Ready drivers and such. I've added some manually too and I've also made 'box art' for them, so they don't just appear on the Shield as grey boxes. Basically go on Google image search, then pick a piece of art and save as approx 3:4 (short edge/long edge) pixel ratio (I think). You don't have to be very precise.
  • Fake_Blood 23 Mar 2020 11:38:34 10,233 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iirc I had to add some executable to geforce experience as a game which basically takes you to the windows desktop, I launch all my games from there.
  • damiendada 24 Apr 2020 21:47:09 24 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    yes, wireless keyboard connect without dongles, they connect with bluetooth.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.