Following Demon's Souls Remastered - PS5 Page 93

• FanBoysSuck 4 Dec 2020 12:38:40 1,668 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @muddyyfunster I went into NG+ at level 80 (base stats for royal with 26 vit and end as well as 49 magic) and it's been tough. Although I cocked up and went with pure black character tendency.

Saying that, you should be fine as long as your gear is upgraded. Worst case you can farm the first bit of 4-1 in a couple of minutes which nets you 13k souls.

I'd advise you get worlds up to neutral however. If they're black, either do the tendency event or kill the primeval demon.
  • quadfather 4 Dec 2020 13:01:00 37,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    muddyyfunster wrote:
    Urgh, in which case I guess there's no real good time to do it?

Maybe 'over-levelling' so that pure black NG+ is doable might be best? Any idea what that level might be?
    Here's a few options -

1) Fuck it all off and just get through your first playthrough however you want. You can always roll another character.

2) Overlevel like fuck and hope for the best, but also prepping by getting things like the Second Chance miracle, which will help.

3) Go offline, and manipulate the tendency without fear of invasions or inheriting the server average tendency. (This is a lot easier for specific hard-to-get tendency events)

4) Remember that it's easy to get to black, but it's not so easy to get to white *From* black.

Also, there are 5 cycles of NG - the step up in difficulty between ng and ng+ is the biggest. The step up from ng+ to ng++ isn't as much.
  • quadfather 4 Dec 2020 13:02:29 37,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wuntyate wrote:
    @quadfather awesome man nice one.

I'll do a suicide run into FL at the end for those chunks as well then but I'll do a bit of farming with the fat bastards.

No way am I going back to 5 without this dragon sword. I'll have my vengeance.
    I've got the dragon sword too now, so we could both co-op world 5 with fire attacks - they'll hate that.

I'll see what state my mind is in later tonight after the band practice and see if I can operate a controller well enough :)
  • Huggybear 4 Dec 2020 13:13:03 1,806 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    neems wrote:
    @quadfather

Yeah crescent weapons regen mp, and stack with the fragrant ring
    They'll also regen more when upgraded, apparently. Got mine at +4, few shards needed for +5.
  • ryanclayton 4 Dec 2020 13:40:45 95 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blue dragon takes ages doesnít he.
  • ryanclayton 4 Dec 2020 13:40:46 95 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • muddyyfunster 4 Dec 2020 13:47:04 804 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ryanclayton took me two goes as first time I ran out of spice.

Also took a while to figure out where to stand and when to time my soul ray. My ludicrous magic hat kept getting in the way.

In the end I got my life down to use the clever rat ring and magical sharpness ring and was hitting for 211 damage (76 without that buff). My bow did laughably little damage as I have hardly any dex.

Edited by muddyyfunster at 13:47:23 04-12-2020
  • ryanclayton 4 Dec 2020 14:36:01 95 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @muddyyfunster I may have to clever use the rat ring then, I got bored and went and tried to kill Alan. Got absolutely slaughtered. Guess I should go do 5-2/5-3 first
  • ryanclayton 4 Dec 2020 14:36:02 95 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @muddyyfunster I may have to clever use the rat ring then, I got bored and went and tried to kill Alan. Got absolutely slaughtered. Guess I should go do 5-2/5-3 first
  • wuntyate 4 Dec 2020 14:43:37 16,192 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never bothered with that blue dragon. I was happy for biorr to mince around in front of it whilst I walzed past and punched Alan in the face.

I never did go and see what was on that path with the two fat officials that the dragon flames actually. I'll do it next run.
  • KRadiation 4 Dec 2020 14:45:19 1,694 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    anyone else finding the servers are down?
  • quadfather 4 Dec 2020 14:51:33 37,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @wuntyate

I never bother with him either - takes too fucking long and there's no point
  • wuntyate 4 Dec 2020 14:55:32 16,192 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck that guy.
  • quadfather 4 Dec 2020 15:29:43 37,928 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    And he's not called Alan. Fuck him. Probably why he's so pissed off all the time, with his shitty, "Blue Dragon" name. What kind of name is that?
  • wuntyate 4 Dec 2020 15:35:03 16,192 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Maybe we should call him Dave. Blue Dave. His friend is Red Dave. Together they are "The Daves".
  • muddyyfunster 4 Dec 2020 16:38:56 804 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @quadfather net about 60-70k souls I think. Something like 26k for killing it, then you get a demon soul worth 30k and can more easily nab the items on the path which I think were even more souls.

Far from essential, but it was worth it for me.
  • ryanclayton 4 Dec 2020 18:16:27 95 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @wuntyate I have abandoned him, feels like a waste of time now. Finished off world 5 this evening. Having a nightmare with old king though. Firestorm isnít having the effect I was hoping for!
  • Mark1412 4 Dec 2020 20:28:28 1,932 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This really is so much easier with magic. Maneater vs Firestorm is the Demons Souls version of Indiana Jones against that guy with sword in Raiders. Even Phalanx managed to get more hits in.
  • ryanclayton 4 Dec 2020 22:22:00 95 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And done.

I remember giving up at flamelurker in around 2011 whilst at uni. Unbelievably happy for sticking it out this time. Not sure I want to go back to ac Valhalla so might roll another character
  • Rogueywon 4 Dec 2020 23:18:09 10,695 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Went back and did 1-1 in NG+ tonight, just so that if I ever do go back for NG+ properly, I won't have the stress of carrying a massive souls-haul until I can level up again.

Phalanx died to a single Firestorm.
  • muddyyfunster 4 Dec 2020 23:46:07 804 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Killed the fella in the mausoleum in 1-1 but man alive does he hit hard. One shot me every time and has ludicrous defense.

Best honourable go was when I got one parry in and two backstabs and he still had almost half his life bar left. Winning strat was to use death cloud and then heroically run away and hide round the corner whilst waiting for him to snuff it. I'd rather not cheese it, but he provoked me through his utter refusal to die through conventional means.
  • ChiefGB 5 Dec 2020 07:01:13 13,194 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started this last night, gone temple priest as Iíve only ever gone knight in these games before. Only played a few hours on ps3 previously a few years back. It looks lovely and after 1 min on quality Iíve just had to go back to performance. It feels horrible in comparison. Iíts not very smooth.
  • Huggybear 5 Dec 2020 09:02:06 1,806 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Over levelling kind of breaks the game. Both Flamelurker and Old Monk were too easy. Was about to get a human opponent, but then died on the stairs once.

+5 Crescent Falchion with 35 Magic just wrecked Flamelurker.

Maneater was harder, but mostly because I was too timid and tried to use spells. Decided to just rely on melee and go HAM, and then managed it on the first try.

Just 1-4 left now.
  • neems 5 Dec 2020 09:06:30 5,183 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    VaatiVidya's photo mode competition -

https://imgur.com/a/sDdhxiL
  • dominalien 5 Dec 2020 10:23:12 10,216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm not having a good time in NG+ atm. Can't beat Flamelurker, can't even beat the Idol. Maybe I need a break.
  • ZuluHero 5 Dec 2020 10:25:08 9,708 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Beautiful.

Amazing game ahead! :)
  • wuntyate 5 Dec 2020 10:40:28 16,192 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Moonlight sword got. It's lovely. Ended up getting my dragon longsword to +4 without too much bother so even though 5 was black I went through it without much fuss. This moonlight sword utterly wrecks shit. Need colorless souls now so going primeval demon killing. Finally got over my flamelurker fear by battering him first try. Didn't realise the trick with him was simply not locking on.

Edited by wuntyate at 10:40:39 05-12-2020
  • Mark1412 5 Dec 2020 10:49:17 1,932 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finished NG+ last night. After getting through Flame Lurker and investing in 30 magic everything after except Old Monk, who needed a good old sword to the face, went down within a few firestorms. Would really recommend spending some time uplevelling magic for NG+. I tried doing it after finishing NG quite happily with a pure strength build and found it tough until I got magic to 30.

Great game, little rough and I prefer DS1, DS3 and BB, but really glad they remade it as I never played it on PS3.
  • mothercruncher 5 Dec 2020 11:10:39 18,715 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Maneater(s) absolutely kicking my arse as a slightly under levelled squishy character, however, all the times Iíve played this and I never realised thereís a bloody platform to the left of the stairs, ugh. One thorough cheesing coming up.
  • HisDudness 5 Dec 2020 14:08:00 1,745 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It really is amazing how well they have captured the feeling of the original experience. I love Latria, feels a lot like yarnahm.

Im actually having a lot of trouble with the difficulty playing as a knight, and realised that I had no idea how to beat many of the early demons without spamming soul missile. I must have cheesed the majority of the early game when I played this so many years ago to the point that I didn't even remember many of the bosses (like 2.1 and 3.1).
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.