Following Demon's Souls Remastered - PS5 Page 104

• Rivuzu 18 Dec 2020 16:31:33 18,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Don't be silly, Miyazaki's thoughts are only of bare feet.
  • ZuluHero 18 Dec 2020 16:56:12 9,708 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bear feet is a weird fetish.
  • Rivuzu 18 Dec 2020 18:19:01 18,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bear feet is for sure, bare feet slightly more acceptable.
  • neems 18 Dec 2020 18:48:18 5,183 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Re: invasions, it was probably a bug, I've seen a video of somebody being invaded while fighting Allant. Maybe there's something weird going on in 1-4.
  • ChiefGB 19 Dec 2020 00:39:36 13,194 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is bastard hard itís taken me the better part of a week to get past tower knight although Iím only playing here and there.
  • monkman76 19 Dec 2020 09:14:11 17,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'll actually revise my earlier claim that it's as hard as other Soulsborne games. There are definitely a couple of hard early bosses but once you're mid-game and well leveled, it hasn't given me too much trouble. Might just be the modern 60fps polish and my relative familiarity with Souls mechanics and level design at this point I guess, but I've found it easier than Bloodborne, DS3 and Sekiro definitely.
  • LFace 19 Dec 2020 09:31:15 153 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I've completed Bloodborne and dark souls 3 but having mixed difficulty with this. Hit some brick walls early on but it felt amazing to finally knock down. Then some bosses I've managed to kill first try (Phalanx, penetrator, adjudicator, leech) whilst others took me a day or two (flame lurker, tower Knight, spider).

Currently working through 4-2 and 1-4. 1-4 is a bit of a brick wall. No idea how to get past the blue dragon at first. I've read guides online and they all seem to indicate torturously slow methods of using arrows - that's surely not the "right" way to do it? I'm trying not to cheese anything and that feels wrong..
  • monkman76 19 Dec 2020 09:57:25 17,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I haven't reached 1-4 yet to be fair. Done practically everything else though bar the old monk.
  • jonathanlealand 19 Dec 2020 11:13:02 129 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Does this game support a varied array of builds? I hear a lot about either going with the Royalty class or knight and thatís about it. I just did a run through DS2 without a shield using a dagger and scythe combo, very light armour. Is that kind of build viable in this game?
  • jonathanlealand 19 Dec 2020 11:13:32 129 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also got absolutely slaughtered at the first red knight I encountered!
  • b-rk 19 Dec 2020 11:22:46 1,629 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    it's a bit shit that stone of ephemeral eyes has limited availability. i have been using them to free up a ring slot but now find out they're slim on the ground, with patches only selling 3 (fucking three) per play through.

fuck that.
  • TheGreenYamo 19 Dec 2020 11:26:54 486 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @LFace The dragon is all about timing your runs to avoid the flames, you don't need to kill him. I still arrow him to death if I'm struggling with allant, as it can get rather frustrating if you mess it up and get toasted in the way back to the boss fight.
  • Pierre2k 19 Dec 2020 11:59:10 1,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got 2 bosses on the go just now. The fire gorilla thing at the end of 2-2, where after dying a couple of times I decided to move to 3-1. Literally standing outside the door of Fool's Idol on my last save (too tired to continue), but did watch a video to see what I was going to be faced with behind the door). It does feel like an achievement every time you beat a boss.
  • monkman76 19 Dec 2020 12:43:17 17,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jonathanlealand wrote:
    Does this game support a varied array of builds? I hear a lot about either going with the Royalty class or knight and thatís about it. I just did a run through DS2 without a shield using a dagger and scythe combo, very light armour. Is that kind of build viable in this game?
    Yes definitely. It's got the usual array of Souls weapons / spells / armour.
  • monkman76 19 Dec 2020 12:44:07 17,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    it's a bit shit that stone of ephemeral eyes has limited availability. i have been using them to free up a ring slot but now find out they're slim on the ground, with patches only selling 3 (fucking three) per play through.

fuck that.
    Haven't used a single one, don't even know what they're for. So I have about 50 of them.
  • LFace 19 Dec 2020 12:56:05 153 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @TheGreenYamo I've tried that and if I leg it earliest I possibly can, the fire still gets me before I reach any safe point for instant death. I did think it was like the red dragon in 1-2 but doesn't seem to be enough time to run between flames
  • quadfather 19 Dec 2020 12:58:38 37,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @LFace

You can make it

I can't remember if you run from the left to the right as he's breathing right to left, or the other way round, but you *can* make it
  • LFace 19 Dec 2020 15:22:59 153 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @quadfather I think that's the second encounter with it. This is first time where he's perched above a bridge close to you as you step outside a door. Like the red dragon in 1-2, it covers the whole of the bridge and you can only run forward.. I think..
  • quadfather 19 Dec 2020 15:33:03 37,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @LFace

Ah right, well from memory, that's even easier isn't it?

the bit with the 2 fat officials on the bridge same level as you? I just walk out to get the dragon to breathe flame which toasts the first official, then I lob an arrow at the second and bring him into it as well.

then once they're dead, you just run like fuck. that bit is easy isn't it?
  • LFace 19 Dec 2020 16:03:38 153 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Soon as I run the dragon kills me like there's not enough time between flames. I'll have another look later but I attempted it multiple times and each time it torched the shit out of me
  • GumboVariations 20 Dec 2020 14:48:32 82 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    There's defo enough time between flames. Use the scorched ground as your "starting line", then when the dragon breaths on the ground, run behind the flame (as he tracks down the bridge with it).

For the second part (on the steps with him above you) he starts from one side, sweeps to the other, then he'll swap sides when breathing again. Stay flush to one side, use the scroch marks again as your starting line, and when he breathes in front of you, run (because he has to sweep the width of the steps and his next sweep will start from the opposite side.

Also, don't be afraid of getting naked, it's good for stamina ;-)

Edit - when you get past the first section, before you proceed to the second there's a shortcut door if you come back down to the left (it'll be the area between the bridge and where the dragon was), that means you can skip the first bit on subsequent runs.

Edited by GumboVariations at 14:50:37 20-12-2020

Edited by GumboVariations at 14:51:36 20-12-2020
  • LFace 20 Dec 2020 18:42:50 153 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Yeah it worked this time when I tried it. First time I attempted it, I started running at the right time but didn't even make it to middle part when he breathed fire again. This time there was ample time to get across. Opened shortcut, got past second scene first time (that seemed trivial really, run diagonally and he easily misses) then I got to boss and was spanked. Great game 😁
  • monkman76 20 Dec 2020 20:28:05 17,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Went offline to beat the old monk. Guess that's a bit cheesy but whatever.
  • Zyrr 20 Dec 2020 21:06:24 505 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started playing this last week and after some really slow progress due to only getting an hour or so on it each morning, I had an absolute stormer of a 3 hour session yesterday. Beat Flamelurker, Dragon God and the Adjudicator in just 2-3 tries each. Mainly just down to dumb luck, honestly!

Had another couple of hours today and got past the Fool's Idol, but I'll probably be back to playing in fits and starts this week until after Christmas Day, so I don't expect to make much progress until I have a bit more time. Will probably just grind some more levels and materials in the meantime.

Absolutely loving it, though!
  • quadfather 21 Dec 2020 13:23:43 37,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Went offline to beat the old monk. Guess that's a bit cheesy but whatever.
    Unless I'm doing a magic build I do the same too :)
  • wuntyate 21 Dec 2020 13:29:29 16,192 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I stayed online but 3 times now I've just fought the shitty npc version.
  • monkman76 22 Dec 2020 10:14:34 17,700 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Right, I've just got 1-4 to go I think. I've got a +7 bow, and I understand there may be a dragon ahead of me that I can snipe. Should I convert it to a lava bow, or will that actually do less damage to a dragon? Seems possible.

Also should I snipe the dragon(s) in 1-2?
  • quadfather 22 Dec 2020 10:28:22 37,928 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Right, I've just got 1-4 to go I think. I've got a +7 bow, and I understand there may be a dragon ahead of me that I can snipe. Should I convert it to a lava bow, or will that actually do less damage to a dragon? Seems possible.

Also should I snipe the dragon(s) in 1-2?
    Lava bow will be better than a +7 for general purpose use.

It's up to you about the dragon, but if you want to kill it, you better bring a lot of arrows.

Or you can just dodge by it.

twice.
  • b-rk 22 Dec 2020 10:29:13 1,629 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    3-2 can fuck off. most of the level is very easy bit it's long and those bloody black phantom mind flayers are a pain in the arse. not to mention the two flying buggers that appear when you take the lift up to the second chain. it's been a while since i've felt close to hurling a joypad...
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.