Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Page 5

• ChiefGB 12 May 2020 19:26:43 12,553 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also running at “minimum 30 fps” on x series. Obviously not finished yet but not exactly the kind of noise ms would like devs making. Going on the basis on what constitutes “gameplay” these days let’s just take 60 off the table then shall we?
  • Ror 12 May 2020 19:30:25 20,223 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, most likely will be 30, unfortunately.

Saying that, I played Origins at ~1800p, mix of ultra and high settings to get it to run at 60 on my pc, so I was never expecting native 4K on console (and that game's three years old, too).

Wonder if they could do 4k/30 and, say, 1440/60 modes.
  • Big-Swiss 15 May 2020 14:31:08 9,411 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Kotaku: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Is Bringing Back The Instakill Hidden Blade, In A Signal To Hardcore Fans
    was the hidden blade gone? I mean you could still stealthly instakill in the past two games?

Edited by Big-Swiss at 14:31:24 15-05-2020
  • DUFFMAN5 18 May 2020 15:23:12 26,034 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So mid Oct is looking likely😁👌👍
  • Ror 18 May 2020 15:35:03 20,223 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I would actually say in terms of range, it is probably a bit larger than Odyssey. I do not have the exact figures at this stage, but we have not only created the whole country, which is in this case England, but also a good part of Norway too. There are other secret worlds, which I can not speak about today, which contributed to the size of the game. It's not a small game, it is a game which is clearly ambitious, which will offer many many hours of gameplay for the players.
    Source
  • Big-Swiss 19 May 2020 12:15:15 9,411 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    yeah, you are probably right. I don't mind if they make it more assassiny, but I do hope they leave much of the more modern things in the game. As far as I remember, I still played the modern games as stealthy as possible and didn't miss much. But I really loved the loot system, the combat system and the hard headhunters and these things.
  • MrWonderstuff 24 Jun 2020 19:32:00 3,300 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So Ashraf Ismail has stepped down as Creative Director. I wonder what impact that will have on the game. Really looking forward to this.

Anyone know why EG are not allowing comments on their front page story?
  • Graxlar_v3 24 Jun 2020 19:34:23 10,212 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:
    So Ashraf Ismail has stepped down as Creative Director. I wonder what impact that will have on the game. Really looking forward to this.

I can only hazard a guess.
  • mr_pink 24 Jun 2020 21:07:34 21 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrWonderstuff wrote:

Probably because it mentions #metoo and discussion on this tends to get too controversial for the taste of the mods. I'm still not clear how this pertains to #metoo which tends to be about sexual abuse and harrassment. The story just mentions he cheated on his wife and lied about being married. Which initially makes me think, BFD, this stuff happens in relationships. Why is sharing this detail newsworthy? Unless there's something more to it, it seems a bit intrusive and salacious. If he's been pressured to leave only because of marital infidelity, either by his company or social media pressure then I think that's a sad state of affairs.

Edited by mr_pink at 21:10:13 24-06-2020
  • Darth_Flibble 24 Jun 2020 21:38:01 4,311 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Its strange he would step down unless there is more too it? While he cheated on his wife is shitty thing to do, its not something people leave their jobs for (I would say unless its government but thats not even true any more) If he did cheat on his wife, I bet ubisoft told him to step down so the twitter hate mob does not attack/boycott the game
  • ChiefGB 24 Jun 2020 23:24:44 12,553 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah, far from condoning the behaviour, but he’s not the only one to pull these kind of moves. Maybe he’s just caught up with the timing of all the other nonsense coming out. That or he’s in such shit at home he’s got a lot of grovelling to do.
  • Tuffty 6 Jul 2020 09:11:36 4,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    In traditional Ubisoft fashion, 30 mins of gameplay footage has been leaked online. It keeps getting taken down so I can't provide a link unfortunately. Its not the best quality and could be of an early build of the game but if its an indicator of the final game, then it simply looks like more of Origins/Odyssey gameplay but in a different setting. Whether that sounds good or not is up to you.
  • waggy79 6 Jul 2020 09:41:00 2,295 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    Kotaku: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Is Bringing Back The Instakill Hidden Blade, In A Signal To Hardcore Fans
    was the hidden blade gone? I mean you could still stealthly instakill in the past two games?
    Just noticed this comment. Instakills are in Origins/Odyssey but not with the blade, just hands.
  • Anthony_UK 6 Jul 2020 12:37:39 3,020 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I think I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of where this series has gone. I used to love Assassins Creed for its immersion and relative simplicity. Soaking in the atmosphere and sense of place.

For me the recent games have taken a backwards step. The animation seems significantly worse, the games are full of bloat, struggling at times it seems under the weight of too many systems.

Tried Origins recently between sessions of RDR2 and the difference in quality, made Origins almost unplayable to me.
  • Ror 6 Jul 2020 12:52:01 20,223 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tuffty wrote:
    In traditional Ubisoft fashion, 30 mins of gameplay footage has been leaked online. It keeps getting taken down so I can't provide a link unfortunately. Its not the best quality and could be of an early build of the game but if its an indicator of the final game, then it simply looks like more of Origins/Odyssey gameplay but in a different setting. Whether that sounds good or not is up to you.
    Maybe it's just the low quality footage, but it didn't look as good as Odyssey, at least in the character models. It's probably in the polishing phase now though, so it should look better at launch.
  • Tuffty 6 Jul 2020 14:00:43 4,546 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Well Ubisoft have their digital conference on Sun where I assume this will be the footage they will be using, hence why it was leaked. Definitely time for improvement but I guess set expectations accordingly for what they'll show on Sunday. The dialog animations looked really stiff and the main protagonist looks so generic

Edited by Tuffty at 14:04:38 06-07-2020
  • Ror 6 Jul 2020 14:02:37 20,223 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that's a fair point, I forgot that was this week.
  • Alan_Wakes_Torch 6 Jul 2020 14:24:27 37 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    waggy79 wrote:
    Big-Swiss wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    Just noticed this comment. Instakills are in Origins/Odyssey but not with the blade, just hands.
    In origins you get the blade about halfway through the game

Was a bit excited when I got it and started boring my other half about how in the early games they needed to lose a finger in order to use it properly but they have probably forgot about that, and then right on cue he lost his finger first time he used it.
  • johnnyrocketfingers 8 Jul 2020 09:44:10 300 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah Kassandra just uses a spear head. She meets the first user of the blade, who wears it correctly, and four hundred years Bayek incorrectly wears it and cuts his finger off and then the bruvahood keep doing that in some weirdo legacy honouring their precursors.
  • garryo'neill 12 Jul 2020 20:57:16 28 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    did anyone watch UBI forward? Im a little disappointed in the showing of this - they have a massive problem when their next gen showing looks way worse than a ps4 game coming out in 7 days. Looks so far removed now from assassins creed, as a fan im a lil sad.
  • Scimarad 12 Jul 2020 21:23:07 9,753 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I thought the world actually looked pretty good but the characters...not so much.

Also, with the sound down I was slightly confused as to whether that was Male or Female Eivor. I suppose lack of a big bushy beard was a giveaway.

Edited by Scimarad at 21:23:38 12-07-2020
  • Blackmarsh63 12 Jul 2020 21:28:17 3,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Looked like the same old shit in a different setting although I guess that's what we were expecting so...
  • beastmaster 12 Jul 2020 21:29:56 20,909 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Last one I played was the pirate one. Quite tempted to venture back in if it’s a graphical showcase on Series X.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Jul 2020 21:32:06 19,980 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Doesn't look like a massive showcase honestly, at least the character animation doesn't look like the jank fest that was Odyssey.
  • Blackmarsh63 12 Jul 2020 21:33:32 3,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Runs "at least 30fps" on series X. I assume that's at 4k.
  • Blackmarsh63 12 Jul 2020 21:52:52 3,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    More gameplay footage here. Looks decent actually in 4k on the OLED.

Edited by Blackmarsh63 at 21:58:07 12-07-2020
  • Phattso 12 Jul 2020 22:08:19 25,472 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Next gen versions of this and FC6 are “coming soon” even though current gen and pc dates are announced. Doesn’t seem like there’s gonna be much new shiny on the new consoles on day one?

Seems odd. Maybe they’re just waiting for the platform holders to announce dates first?
  • HelloNo 12 Jul 2020 22:12:15 2,190 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looks cool. Nothing outstanding, but a fun game to while some hours away with.
  • Blackmarsh63 12 Jul 2020 22:22:00 3,336 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Phattso Series X has a big game show on the 23rd . I assume Sony will be having something similar.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.