Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Page 21

• UncleLou Moderator 30 Dec 2020 12:19:16 40,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    IĎve killed all zealots etc, I am missing the last hint for The Father. Iíve done all main quests. Hytham should appear before the longhouse and give me the final quest. Except he doesnít, and is in his house. :-/

Edit: itís a known bug, for several weeks now.

Edited by UncleLou at 12:22:09 30-12-2020
  • Globalmeltdown 30 Dec 2020 12:24:14 939 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iíve put this at number 2 in my game of the year, didnít think Iíd like England but they really have nailed it, some of the scenery is breathtaking, not having many problems with controls but it is buggy with quests, I save before and after every quest now. Nearly at 100 hours but Iím collecting all mystery and artefacts, going to do wealth near the end of the game 😊
  • UncleLou Moderator 30 Dec 2020 12:32:35 40,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Iíve played it for far too long, considering I barely liked it. I find it absolutely amazing how they managed to write a game this length that doesnít have a single, not one, interesting line of dialogue. Itís comically badly written.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 30 Dec 2020 12:49:34 10,092 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I just finished this the other day after 80 hours. I enjoyed Odyssey more I think but it was still good. They really have become wayyy too long though. I long for the old days when they weren't such an investment, getting on for Skyrim length for this style of game is just crazy imo.
  • captbirdseye 30 Dec 2020 12:55:39 10,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The best dialogue is basically in the side quests. Everything in the main storyline is a convolted mess partly due to how long they dragged it out for.
  • Mola_Ram 30 Dec 2020 13:01:38 25,155 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I wouldn't say that it's badly written. Badly written can still be memorable. This is like going to McDonald's and getting a Big Mac. It tastes fine, the way you expect it to, but you're not going to remember it afterwards. But I guess "fine" doesn't really cut it anymore in a world that's had Witcher 3 in it.

I find most Ubisoft games pretty bland like this, with a few exceptions like Far Cry 2. Sometimes that's what I want, though.
  • UncleLou Moderator 30 Dec 2020 13:04:30 40,251 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I am inclined to agree with your general point, but Kassandra in Odyssey had quite a few witty dialogues, and I chuckled a few times. Valhalla is just endlessly dour and terribly uninteresting.
  • captbirdseye 30 Dec 2020 13:04:37 10,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I am hoping they take year out again and I'm guessing Covid might have forced their hand already.

I probably would've sunk more time into it if the game actually had any loot in it bar the gear chests.
  • MrWonderstuff 30 Dec 2020 13:07:14 3,503 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I just put 170 hours into this and enjoyed most of my time. Arena boss battles can take a dump - I prefer the Zealots as you can use the environment to your advantage. Bugs weren't too bad and didnt stop my enjoyment.

I enjoyed the exploration and was pleasantly surprised when I came across places I know discounting the large towns/cities. The Belas Knap tomb, with its four entrances, was great to see as was Nympsfield (Nymdesfelde) - a small hamlet near where I live depicted as a shrine. Wandering along Hadrian's wall was eerie and gave a sense if remoteness. I also found the decaying Roman ruins a great touch - a people long gone but still evident in their architecture.
  • mikew1985 30 Dec 2020 19:28:01 15,164 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Also just finished this last night. At least I think i did.

The ending though... did they forget to write it?

I'm assuming over I've killed the last of the order there will be some additional scenes but that really seems like side stuff and it seems painfully obvious who the father is so I'm not sure what they really are thinking with this.

Edited by mikew1985 at 19:42:42 30-12-2020
  • RyanDS 30 Dec 2020 21:17:26 13,673 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Also just finished this last night. At least I think i did.

The ending though... did they forget to write it?

I'm assuming over I've killed the last of the order there will be some additional scenes but that really seems like side stuff and it seems painfully obvious who the father is so I'm not sure what they really are thinking with this.
    Did you get all the anomolies? That explained a lot.
  • mikew1985 30 Dec 2020 21:40:39 15,164 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    No I didn't, I got 4 of them i think.

Completed the order stuff now anyway. I understand all the stupid ancients stuff in so far as it's possible, more the actual Eivor story i felt just completely petered out.
  • MrWonderstuff 31 Dec 2020 23:50:52 3,503 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yea that was one thing which didn't sit well with me. I did everything and whilst I can see where the end should of come it carried on - no credits to give you that sense of completion.
  • beastmaster 3 Jan 2021 19:01:58 21,841 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Loving this. Some great areas of exploration and enjoying the assassinations. One place (canít remember where) had large mounted crossbows up high and it was very satisfying taking out the soldiers. Did pretty much all of them and then had to call a raid in to get the loot.

Wasnít expecting Asgard at all. Very nice indeed.

Got a question about the abilities. Lots of guides on where they are located and what they do but thatís not what Iím after. I press the LT for example and sometimes they are available and sometimes not. Not sure why. Reset period? How do I ďjuice upĒ so these appear and how can I tell how long Iíve got left?

Thanks.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Jan 2021 19:06:19 17,220 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can only use them when you have adrenaline, the little yellow bars by your health. The ones on LT are for ranged and the ones on RT are for melee.
  • beastmaster 3 Jan 2021 19:11:29 21,841 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ah yes. Now to try and get more on my skill tree.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Jan 2021 19:12:38 17,220 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is an extra adrenaline point in the blue bit of the tree as well as an ability that generates it in stealth.
  • captbirdseye 3 Jan 2021 19:14:10 10,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Each ability tree has one adrenaline unlock.
  • Frogofdoom 3 Jan 2021 19:18:57 17,220 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh does it, I must have missed the other 2 or taken them without knowing. The skill tree is such a fucking mess its hard to remember whats in it.
  • shuffles 4 Jan 2021 07:58:24 322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Quick question about Ubi Connect:

I was Xbox last generation & anytime I signed into Ubi I used the Ďsign in with Xbox Live methodí.

However, I just signed in on my PS5 with AC: Valhalla and itís a completely different account (a really old PS account from years ago).

Is my Ubi Xbox account & progress locked off from PS?

Iíve tried signing in using the email method instead of choosing a platform and itís the same result.

Annoying if it is.

Edited by shuffles at 07:59:19 04-01-2021
  • captbirdseye 4 Jan 2021 09:47:40 10,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Finally finished this last night and even focussing just on the story content from around 15 hours it still took me 68hrs to complete. Ridiculous.

Most of the time I did enjoy the game but the padding and dragging out the story for what seemed like forever got pretty tedious by the end and with not much pay off.
  • Wayne 4 Jan 2021 11:23:57 2,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Oh does it, I must have missed the other 2 or taken them without knowing. The skill tree is such a fucking mess its hard to remember whats in it.
    I used auto-assign and more or less ignored the skill tree. I don't think I've experienced a skill tree as illogical in my entire history of gaming.
  • beastmaster 4 Jan 2021 11:29:24 21,841 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Been a few times were I've been playing it and switched off having had enough. About 10 minutes later, I'm back on again. Sometimes 15 :-)

Definitely something about this game. A mixture of 60fps with some really breathtaking graphics. Also think some of the mystery side-quests are pretty damn funny.

Edit: I love the setting and story as well. May go back to Norway as a bit of a change.

Edited by beastmaster at 11:30:42 04-01-2021
  • garryo'neill 4 Jan 2021 19:43:17 51 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    So I just finished Odyssey today and have now got two DLC packs to get through - however I think I feel done with the world and game! Really enjoyed it but not sure I can go on with Valhalla now sitting teasing me! Should I take a break and go through DLC or jump into the new AC?

Edited by garryo'neill at 19:43:33 04-01-2021
  • Wayne 4 Jan 2021 22:06:43 2,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    garryo'neill wrote:
    So I just finished Odyssey today and have now got two DLC packs to get through - however I think I feel done with the world and game! Really enjoyed it but not sure I can go on with Valhalla now sitting teasing me! Should I take a break and go through DLC or jump into the new AC?

Edited by garryo'neill at 19:43:33 04-01-2021
    Do not skip the DLC for Odyssey.
    Also, after I *finished* Odyssey, I realised there was so much more still to do that was still the actual story of the game.
  • Humperfunk 13 Jan 2021 23:44:39 8,436 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Loving this but do hope it ends one day, approaching 80 hours and still going! I think I am on the final county though so should be done soon.

Whilst I do appreciate the amount of content in it, they probably could have reigned it in a fair bit. I skipped Odyssey because Origins was so huge to the point I needed a three year break!
  • Frogofdoom 14 Jan 2021 07:13:55 17,220 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You are slightly ahead of me, I think I have 3 left. Hoping to get it finished by the end of the month so I can start working through my backlog a bit. I'm really enjoying my time with it though, I just wish they would tighten the combat a little bit and steal the guy that did ghost of tsushima's.

I agree with the size thing, I would like it reigned in to a 30 hour game.
  • Tuffty 14 Jan 2021 09:59:34 4,763 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I did the mission where you have to raid the fortress in Leicestershire. Was it just me or is the sound mixing completely off? Was expecting there to be audio to completely sell it, guys screaming in all direction, arrows whizzing by, steel on steel, even music to underscore the event. But it was near dead silence except for whatever I was doing at the time. So you have the sounds of a battering ram against the doors but..that was it. Just created a very quiet, sterile setting. The raids on the forts in Black Flag were more chaotic.

Edited by Tuffty at 10:00:45 14-01-2021
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.