• captbirdseye 18 Jan 2021 23:32:54 10,817 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Not far from the end.
  • Wayne 19 Jan 2021 00:01:20 3,362 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    SirDespard wrote:
    And finally done. Was so close to the Platinum I decided to go for it. The kill people whilst on fire trophy was glitchy but got there in the end. Definitely overlong. The mysteries and artifacts are fine, but could have done without the myriad of chests with weapons I never used and upgrade material that was also not required.
    Agree ending felt flat, assuming the DLC will provide more of a ďrealĒ closure.
    If Odyssey is anything to go by, yeah, the DLC will contain crucial plot elements.
  • Rum_Monkey 19 Jan 2021 10:45:20 2,689 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The ending is really shit isn't it, just sort of happens out of nowhere. Really limp.
  • mikew1985 19 Jan 2021 10:52:46 15,490 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The end of the assassin side missions kind of brings closure to the main story which is a fairly poor way of handling it. Although I did wonder from early on how exactly they would do it given it is obvious immediately who it is. I assumed it would be tied into the main story but wasn't sure how that would gel with the side mission. Instead they decided to have the story end right in the middle of an arc.

Strange choice.
  • Rum_Monkey 19 Jan 2021 10:55:10 2,689 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    From when you go to Norway with sigurd it totally shits the bed. Like they couldn't be arsed with the game anymore.
  • mikew1985 19 Jan 2021 10:57:27 15,490 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It's trying to tie together everything form AC 3 to AC:V from that point including the appearance of VR Desmond. It's certainly incredibly convoluted but I thought at least elements of the Norway storyline were tied up a bit better than the England stuff.

The Loki stuff is just bizarre.
  • UKPlay 2 Feb 2021 08:10:48 32 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Came back to this after a week to the strangest bug. Every time I jump/dive into water my 360 controller switches off completely. Bizarre.

112 hours and still a fair bit of game to go though, it's very good.
  • beastmaster 2 Feb 2021 10:16:15 22,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Really strange bug on this one. I was swimming towards my longship when the screen went white and then black. And then a Facebook video came up with someone playing an accordion and the machine froze.I thought the TV channel may have accidentally switched somehow and this thing was coming from...well I haver no idea. hard reset sorted that out.

I'm about 162 hours in. Not been this addicted to a game since Zelda: BoTW. I'm enjoying it a lot.
  • Rum_Monkey 2 Feb 2021 10:24:14 2,689 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I honestly don't know how you can stomach putting 162hrs into this. It's just so samey the whole game.
  • Wayne 2 Feb 2021 10:43:30 3,362 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Rum_Monkey I think these games are actually aimed at people who are a little OCD and are compelled to clear the map.

Anyone seriously struggled with the Daughters of Lerion? I still can't beat the first one I came across and I'm at power 270 or something.
  • robthehermit 2 Feb 2021 10:51:30 8,411 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Wayne Yeah, they were tough fights, I just scraped through them. Have you unlocked "Brush with death" which slows down time briefly on a perfect dodge and "Grit" which gives you back health if you hit them back quick enough, both of these are an enormous help.
  • gooner77 2 Feb 2021 10:53:14 1,515 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Wayne wrote:
    @Rum_Monkey I think these games are actually aimed at people who are a little OCD and are compelled to clear the map.

Anyone seriously struggled with the Daughters of Lerion? I still can't beat the first one I came across and I'm at power 270 or something.
    I came across one in East Anglia and got it down to about half health when I was around 140. Might be worth a shot at 270 ? There appears to be two of them in East Anglia
  • beastmaster 2 Feb 2021 13:36:32 22,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Thereís something about this game that just captured my imagination. I love the setting and the graphics are lush. Super fast load times help a lot. A bit OCD so have to get all the dots on the map. Plenty of other games but just got to finish this one off. Finished the main story ages ago but now going around cleaning up and still forging alliances.

Iíll probably end up looking at all the achievements which is something Iíve never done. May even see whatís on those treasure maps.

Certainly got value for money on this title.
  • beastmaster 9 Feb 2021 18:14:31 22,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I carried on with it. About 180+ hours in. However, Ubisoft servers are borked and my saved game is gone. I think once they get things working again, I should be able to get it back from the cloud. If not...the game was taking over my life anyway, so itís probably a good thing as I wonít go back to it. Also...fuck Ubisoft.

Edit: All ok now. Good.

Edited by beastmaster at 19:08:15 09-02-2021
  • barchetta 10 Feb 2021 14:43:21 3,220 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    If anyone has enjoyed the soundtrack to this game, I see the Jorvik Viking Centreís annual spring bash is running a livestream interview and session with Einar Selvik, who contributed to the gameís music.

https://www.jorvikthing.com/
  • beastmaster 25 Feb 2021 09:29:06 22,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Got my saved game back and finished it all in 192 hours. Then the free DLC arrived...

As I mentioned in another thread, the DLC is fine. They're a couple of evenings entertainment in there or possibly three depending on how you hammer it.

There's a large map on this but luckily there are only three rivers here, which is just a small portion of it. Which suggests they'll be adding to this game mode.

It doesn't outstay it's welcome and the real question is, is it worth it? I'd say yes only because you get to pick up some really cool armour.

I'm definitely not going anywhere near this now till the next DLC drops.
  • Wayne 26 Feb 2021 10:55:35 3,362 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I finished this last night and I've a couple of questions.

1. Do the credits not roll at any point? There was at least three different points where I thought "This must be the end, the credits will roll now" and they never did. Fwiw, I claimed every area in England, took out the order, and went to Gunner's wedding
    2. I had it spoiled on me when someone said that
    Desmond makes an appearance
    . I must have missed that. When/where does that happen?
  • Wayne 26 Feb 2021 11:03:45 3,362 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Also...

3. After the scene where Basim is in the modern day setting, are you then playing out the rest of the game as Basim experiencing the story through the animus?
  • beastmaster 26 Feb 2021 11:24:23 22,083 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Wayne

How finished is finished? :-) I know exactly what you mean. I honestly can't remember if there are any end credits or not.

To specifically answer

3. Yes but it doesn't go anywhere as far as I can tell

Also

I left after the wedding and couldn't fast travel so I went on the hourse towards the base camp. Some epic music kicked in and I assumed that was the end. There's still the dagger to pick up after (if you've not already got it) and Excalibur. But I had to look that up on YouTube
  • Wayne 26 Feb 2021 11:27:06 3,362 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @beastmaster I was fine playing to get as much story content as possible, but I have zero interest in looking for weapons/loot.

I honestly can't see me buying another AC game after this. I'm completely lost as far as the story goes, and the games outstay their welcome by quite a bit now.
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Mar 2021 09:14:16 26,679 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Anyone else having trouble claiming the free "Godly reward" pack (xbox) ? When I try and claim I get a pop up saying Online device error and I'm told "you already have the maximum amount possible for this item" ?!

Has anybody tried to claim and managed to get.
  • robthehermit 20 Apr 2021 16:52:48 8,411 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Thought I'd fire this up to clear off the last few achievements in the base game while waiting for the DLC to drop. Overdesigned turned out to be easier than I expected. Just got the fishing one to do now. Fortunately looking at the list I think I've only got half a dozen or so to get, so will hopefully clear that away tonight/tomorrow.
  • robthehermit 20 Apr 2021 18:43:58 8,411 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Well that didn't take long. Turns out I only need 5 fish.
  • markytonline83 20 Apr 2021 21:58:45 940 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Does the quest level scale up as your player levels up in this? Was really disappointed that this was the case with Odyssey.
  • Zomoniac 20 Apr 2021 22:20:10 10,486 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Good game, this. https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/zomoniac/video/132169866
  • mothercruncher 20 Apr 2021 22:50:18 19,215 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Classic Ubisoftski.
  • Wayne 20 Apr 2021 22:56:58 3,362 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    markytonline83 wrote:
    Does the quest level scale up as your player levels up in this? Was really disappointed that this was the case with Odyssey.
    You will always be over levelled in Valhalla, and even went you arenít, youíll be over powered anyway. There was a point where I just set the pad down and only use one button to restore health and it took about three minutes for me to die.
  • markytonline83 21 Apr 2021 10:35:22 940 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • markytonline83 21 Apr 2021 10:35:23 940 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Wayne itís just it was very annoying if you came across a quest that was tricky, logically you would maybe wait until you have levelled up a bit then go back and do the quest. However, for Odyssey, the quests levelled up with you, which is bonkers. If itís still the case, donít think Iíll bother with Valhalla. I find AC a chore at the best of times but Origins was pretty good, I only gave up when I realised I played for 50 hours and there was another 50 hrs to go of exactly the same quests repeated to death
  • richyroo 21 Apr 2021 13:39:37 561 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I binned off Valhala. Mainly due to the bugs, Ubisoft released a patch and I lost all horse sounds. Havent gotten around to picking it up again and prob wont play another AC title for a while, they are a complete chore to play now.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.